Finale

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Flashbacks are italicized

Also, there will be a lot of flashbacks.

Seungwan quickly packed up her stuff - her guitar, computer, the notes she had taken during work - everything. She had no schedules for a few weeks while her crew started developing the song, so she had little reason to store anything here.

Approaching her small desk, solely used for the good memories, she started putting them in her bag. Cushioning them carefully, she slowly put them away. Souvenirs, albums, bobble-heads, mini-statues, mugs -

A picture frame. She smiled at the sight. It had been so long since she had seen it, and, oh man did she miss it.

In it, it featured herself, her wife, and her child, Yeri. 

Yeri.

God, she was a beautiful child. Her hair was neatly braided (which Wendy was responsible for), and her eyes were so clear and gorgeous you could see the stars in them. They were just like the girl's mother's, and Wendy absolutely adored them. So, so, so much.

That's partially why she fell for her. The girl's eyes. They were sharp, yet soft. Void of emotion, but expressed a thousand words in one look. Or, in Wendy's case, it was often a glare.

 

 

"Seungwan-ah~" The Canadian heard her friend's whining, and her lips curled up for a second, but she quickly put on an annoyed expression. Turning to the latter, she partially glared at her.

There was a sheepish smile on the girl's face, as she pointed to the small table in front of the TV. Following the Korean's finger, she found the remote sitting there. This resulted in another glare from Seungwan.

"Joohyun, it is literally five feet away. Just get up, goddamn." Seungwan stated, already getting up to grab it for the girl. The girl showed a victorious smirk, which the younger didn't see.

"Why would I do that when you can just do my bidding?" Joohyun said triumphantly, a big smile stretched all the way to her ears. Seungwan swore the girl was going to have to get stitches with how far that smile spread.

"Can't always do this for you, Hyun." Seungwan stated, reaching out to give the remote to the elder, "Gotta get up from that bed of yours once in a while."

Suddenly, she fell slightly towards the bed. Turning her head, she noticed she was only centimeters away from the girl, who was still smiling. Looking down, remote still in hand, she saw the girl's hand on her wrist instead.

"Yeah?" Joohyun stated, but Seungwan could barely hear it over the beating of her heart. The younger was silently nodding, her eyes focused on the girl's lips. They were wayyyy too close for the girl's comfort.

"Well," Joohyun pulled her closer, planting a kiss on the girl's nose, "I guess I have you until that day comes."

Releasing the girl's arm, the senior immediately switched the topic to the upcoming project in Lit. But, Seungwan wasn't paying too much attention to the other's girl blabbering, only nodding when it sounded appropriate.

Here she was, heart beating so fast, she was praying to God that she wasn't blushing. Though, based on how warm she felt her cheeks were, she knew she was. And, she wouldn't admit it at the time, but she kind of enjoyed it.

 

"Wendy..." She heard a soft voice whisper from behind her. Swiveling around, she gave the girl a smile - Sooyoung. The girl gave her a devilish smile, flaunting off her perfect set of teeth.

"Shouldn't you be gone by now?" The girl started, rubbing her fingers on a nearby album disc. The girl rubbed the dust between her fingers, "Don't you have the next few weeks off?"

"Yeah, but I thought I might as well pack up for the time bei-"

"Oh! I haven't seen that in a long time...." Sooyoung approached her desk, gingerly hoisting the frame onto her hands, "Wow.... how the times change, don't they?"

Sooyoung gave Wendy a pitiful smile, before the girl's arm softly, aiding in her comfort. They stood for a moment in silence, before Sooyoung suddenly started speaking.

"Welp, I should get going." the girl exclaimed, setting the frame down. Clapping the dust of her hands, she smiled to Wendy.

"Have fun on your break. You deserve it." Sooyoung stated, taking her own bag from a nearby office chair.

About to walk out of the room, the girl stopped.

"Oh yeah, Wendy?"

Said girl looked up, eyes glistening with slight tears.

"Don't dwell on it too much, 'kay?" Wendy gave the girl a smile, who reciprocated it.

Slapping her hand against the door way on the way out, Sooyoung was now gone. Now, Wendy was left alone.

Only her. Her and her thoughts.

 

"I can be your wing man!" The girl shouted, a grin on her face, before realizing her mistake, "Or....er... wing woman."

This was the first time Seungwan had met Sooyoung, a friend of Seulgi's. The bear had told her she would be loud, but she didn't know it would be this bad.

"Shhh! Might as well shout it to the whole cafe, won't you?" Seungwan scolded through gritted teeth. The girl smiled sheepishly, a guilty look on her face. But it didn't have the same effect. Not the same as Joohyun's.

But, when the girl actually got up to do so, Seungwan quickly pulled her down, back into her seat. She had a victorious smirk, on her face, knowing she had won.

"Fine, fine. I'll let you be my wing woman - on one circumstance." The girl stared at her eagerly, waiting for her to continue her sentence, "You don't tell anyone - and I mean anyone - about this."

"What is 'this,' Wendy? I'm afraid you're going to have to elaborate on the subject." The younger girl gave her a smirk, making Seungwan flustered.

"This- this arrangement!" Seungwan stated, pointing in between the two of them,"If you tell anyone I'm asking for your help, you're dead."

The girl gasped in response to her words.

"Is it a bad thing to work with me?! I mean, I am the matchmaker of the school."  The girl feigned offense, but Seungwan knew she was right.

See, Sooyoung was THAT girl. Never fallen in love, hooks up 24/7, and loves - and I mean loves - to set her friends up. Actually, cut that. She likes to set all people up. Friend or not, if she hears wind of you having a crush, you better be ready to get harassed until you say yes.

Well, at least she asks for consent before, right?

Anyways, here Sooyoung was, mid Seungwan's lunch break, begging to aid the girl in her little crush. Seungwan, of course, didn't have much of a choice. After all, Sooyoung had ways to blackmail (not that she had first-handedly experienced it).

"But we have to make conditions." Seungwan stated firmly, pointedly looking at the girl, who just nodded in response.

"Okay..." Seungwan sighed out, before continuing her speech, "First off; no blatant pushing me towards the girl, or encouraging a smooch session, got it?"

Getting a nod once again from the girl, she continued, "Secondly, no hiding what you're gonna do behind my back, alright? I don't need Joohyun getting on my back about some secret love letter she was sent, or some other , that I wasn't even aware of."

"And, lastly, no talking to her, nor hinting, about this agreement. Again, I don't want her picking up on this." This received a scoff from Sooyoung.

"That's no fun! I wanna hint at your obvious feelings for her, as well as your nasty fantasies for the gir-" 

"Sooyoung. Stop. It isn't happening." The girl pouted, but nodded sulkily.

"Good. Other than those things, you got full control of my actions and words towards Hyun."

This resulted in a wide grin from the girl, a mischievous glint dancing in her eyes.

And, from that moment, Seungwan knew she was ed.

 

Sighing softly at the memory, Wendy placed the frame in her bag, hoisting the strap up onto her back.

Exiting the studio, she shut the lights, not before grabbing her guitar. Slipping out the backdoor, locking it, then thrown into the silence of the streets.

The streets near the studio were always like this; dull, dreary, and dark. The only signs of light were far city buildings, and lights from apartments at least half a mile away. The only exception being a streetlight to Wendy's right, the yellow light casting over the bench.

Unlike other days, where the bench was empty, there was two young kids over there, who Wendy presumed were teens. A girl and a boy, sitting quite close to one another, exchanging words to one another in a whisper. The sentences almost always ended with one of them eliciting a silent chuckle.

Wendy had a shadow of a smile on her face, staring at the two, assuming they were a couple. It almost reminded her of something; of someone.

 

The court was dim. The two of them were freezing, but Seungwan insisted on staying for her friend's late basketball training. Chanyeol was practically her brother - she had to at least stay this once.

Joohyun, on the other hand, couldn't seem to find herself caring about the basketball practice as much as the younger had. Her eyes were occasionally following the ball, but they were mostly set on Seungwan. 

moved, but Seungwan didn't bother to listen. The girl would, once again, be complaining about how boring the game was, or how Seungwan didn't even know the first thing about basketball.

"Seungwan-ah~" The girl exclaimed, the husky voice gaining the Canadian's interest. Turning to her, the elder was sporting a pout, and had her arms pressed agains

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter