We'll be okay, Baby

IZ*ONE ONE-SHOT REQUESTS (CLOSED) BUSY writing the next requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Part two to Good Night Baby

 

Two college girls are sitting on a private booth of a Coffee shop, two blocks away from their college. One is blatantly ignoring her too noisy and fraudulent companion by covering her ears with both her hands, the other continues to pester her relentlessly.

 

 

“Come on, Chae, tell me how you met such a gorgeous woman?”

 

 

Chaeyeon rolls her eyes, Yena is too noisy that she had wondered if she should push through with the meeting. After their talk and make out session— she blushes at the memory, in her girlfriend’s car a few days ago, they finally found the perfect day for the four of them to meet.

 

 

“Yah, Lee Chaeyeon, why are you ignoring me?” 

 

 

But the way Yena is increasingly getting annoying, she may have started regretting—and they haven’t even met yet. They arrived only a couple of minutes earlier, yet Chaeyeon felt like it has been hours because of the headache Yena is giving her right now.

 

 

“Yena ah…. Please keep it down; you’re going to make my ears bleed with your quacking.”

 

 

Yena was about to open to say something, obviously ignoring Chaeyeon’s complaints when a voice suddenly interrupts the two, 

 

 

“She does look like a duck as you said”

 

 

The two turns towards the voice as Yena’s eyes grew wide, mouth agape while Chaeyeon beside her smiles frown entirely gone as if it wasn’t there in the first place.

 

 

“Hey baby” Sakura looks towards Chaeyeon who was sitting in the inner part of the booth, the girl grins as she waves at her girlfriend. 

 

 

“Hi”

 

 

Yena does not know what to do; she stayed glued to her seat, connecting eyes with another gorgeous woman beside Sakura, wearing such a bored expression. She does not notice Sakura has been looking down at her with a smile.

 

 

“You’re Yena, right?” Sakura says as she smiles at Yena, getting her attention.

 

 

Yena looks back and could only nod, entranced by the beauty in front of her.

 

 

Sakura grins wide tilting her head, “Well, if you don’t mind Yena ssi, I’d like to sit next to my girlfriend?” she says 

 

 

It took her half a second before the words registers, “Ah, right! Sorry!”

 

 

Yena immediately stands up, almost falling on her face when she moved too fast. Chaeyeon facepalms at her best friend’s slapstick, but it only makes Sakura laugh.

 

 

“You didn’t have to be so quick about it, Yena ssi. But thank you.”

 

 

Yena blushes profusely, scratching at her cheek and smiles awkwardly. 

 

 

“Come sit beside me, duck.” 

 

 

Yena turns to the other woman who was already sitting on the other side of the booth, giving her a teasing smile.

 

 

“Hyewon ah!” Sakura hisses,

 

 

“What?” Hyewon tilts her head in confusion as she turns to Yena and pats the seat next to her. “Come on now; I feel like I’d be ordering from you if you keep standing there” Yena blinks as she processes the joke. Did she just…  But as she looks back at the woman’s smirking face, she somehow felt it as futile to retaliate, so she finally sits down.

 

 

Once Sakura takes the seat that Yena vacated, she immediately turns towards Chaeyeon, leaning in to kiss the girl on the cheek. “I’ve missed you,” Once she moves back, she takes her hand and places it against her cheek, looking at Chaeyeon so adoringly.

 

 

Chaeyeon blushes at the affection as her eyes look towards the other two. Hyewon rolls her eyes as she skims the menu and Yena looking away, maybe she was too embarrassed, or she wanted to give them privacy.

 

 

Chaeyeon does not know how to react; normally, whenever Sakura gets clingy like this, she’d immediately respond with the same zeal, but having an audience, makes her tummy more tingly than usual. 

 

 

“Hey…You’re supposed to say you missed me too. Don’t you miss me?” Sakura pouts at Chaeyeon’s lack of response.

 

 

Chaeyeon’s expression softens; it seemed that her girlfriend didn’t care either way and seemed just to act the same, so she shouldn’t worry.

 

 

Chaeyeon cups Sakura’s cheek with the hand that Sakura has on hers, “I’ve missed you too.”

 

 

Just then, two retching sounds start in front of them as the couple looks towards their two friends who were acting as if they were puking.

 

 

Hyewon was covering , leaning back “Oh my god, Sakura… I didn’t know how gross you were”

 

 

“Yeah, Chaeyeon ah, you are disgusting,” Yena chimes in, shaking her head.

 

 

The two looks at each other, hi-fiving and laughing as if they just found something in common. 

 

 

Chaeyeon leans on Sakura’s shoulder with a smile, “I think they’ll get along really well, right Saku chan?”

 

 

Sakura kisses her head before she leans on it too and smiles, holding onto Chaeyeon’s hand. “Oh, they definitely will be a big headache for us both, though.”

 

 

“Okay enough with the gross coupley stuff and introduce me already you goof,” says Hyewon, who seemed to have stopped laughing and is now looking at the two of them with her arms crossed. Yena could only stay silent as she looks between the two. 

 

 

Sakura rolls her eyes, “Just because you’re lonely because Eunbi unnie is not here.”

 

 

“I’m not lonely! Stop stalling” Hyewon retaliates, but the split-second glint on her eyes did not go unnoticed by her best friend. Sakura knows the girl misses her girlfriend; it has been almost three weeks after all. Sakura cannot imagine that happening to her and Chaeyeon. No, she does not want that to happen, but she needs to be prepared if it does. She can barely handle not seeing the girl for a few hours. She looks beside her, staring at the side of Chaeyeon’s face when the girl turns her head, and they lock eyes, her tummy flipped. Wow, she’s really whipped.

 

 

Sakura finally concedes as she smiles at Chaeyeon, “Chaen, that girl right there is Kang Hyewon, my annoying best friend and also CEO of Kang Electronics.”

 

 

Chaeyeon and Yena had their eyebrows raised, both mouth wide open as they look towards the woman who looked not more than 25 years old, wearing such an unamused expression. Kang Electronics is one of the biggest electronic companies in the country, second only to one of Sakura’s family companies. 

 

 

Hyewon, oblivious to the two’s reaction, extends a hand towards Chaeyeon, “Nice to meet the infamous Lee Chaeyeon, who my idiot best friend is so whipped for.”

 

 

Chaeyeon accepts the handshake but was ultimately surprised when she felt her body move forward as Hyewon had yanked her across the table and attempted to kiss her on the forehead. Yena was obviously surprised, but Sakura was livid, moving instantly to pull Chaeyeon back to her before anything could happen.

 

 

“Yah! Kang Hyewon! Hands off!!!” she says as she moves forward to shield Chaeyeon, trapping her behind her body.

 

 

Hyewon only shrugs as she sits back down. “What’s the deal? I was just saying hello.”

 

 

Sakura glares at her, “You are not to come within a meter near Chaeyeon, you got it?” pointing at the woman who looked unbothered.

 

 

Chaeyeon reaches a hand to bring down Sakura’s arm as she tries to appease her girlfriend, “Saku chan, it’s okay, calm down.” 

 

 

“But….”

 

 

Chaeyeon leans into her ear and whispers, “I’m yours, okay?” 

 

 

Sakura blushes, finally relaxing as she turns to look at Chaeyeon, a smile appearing again. Chaeyeon smiles back then turn back towards Hyewon.

 

 

“It’s really nice to finally meet you, Hyewon unnie; I’ve heard a lot about you.”

 

 

Hyewon’s eyebrow raised, resting her hand on her palm. “Oh, really? Same here.”

 

 

But after a few seconds, it felt like they forgot someone; they all look towards Yena, who was stunned to silence as she looks at Chaeyeon’s direction, eyes clearly conveying something that Chaeyeon knows is directed to her. 

 

 

“Introduce me too, Chaen, isn’t that why I’m here?” 

 

 

“Ah! I’m sorry, Yena ah” Chaeyeon then proceeds to introduce her. She tells them that her name is Choi Yena, her classmate/best friend and also a dance major like her.

 

 

Then Chaeyeon turns to Sakura with a smile, then looks back at Yena, “Yena ah, this is Miyawaki Sakura, my girlfriend.”

 

 

“Wait…. Miyawaki… like THE MIYAWAKI SAKURA CEO OF MIYAWAKI CORPORATION!” Chaeyeon was dumbfounded at Yena’s reaction; the two CEO seemed amused.

 

 

“Well, aren’t you cute,” Hyewon says beside her.

 

 

Upon realizing her outburst, Yena covers bowing.

 

 

“Sorry”

 

 

Sakura only laughs as she reaches her hand to pat Yena’s shoulder. “It’s okay, Yena ssi.”

 

 

Chaeyeon shakes her head as she wipes at her face, “I forgot to mention how loud she is.”

 

 

“Yah!” Yena retaliates as she glares at Chaeyeon.

 

 

When their order comes, Chaeyeon smiles sheepishly, “I hope you didn’t mind, I ordered for all of us.”

 

 

Hyewon looks surprised, “Even mine?”

 

 

Chaeyeon nods, “I texted Saku chan while you guys were on your way here.”

 

 

“She didn’t want you guys to wait too long for your orders,” Yena adds. 

 

 

Hyewon blinks as she looks down at her order, a matcha frappe with a slice of strawberry shortcake cheesecake, she smiles when she looks up at Chaeyeon, “How thoughtful. Thank you.” She then turns towards Sakura and says, “You’re a lucky idiot.” 

 

 

Chaeyeon felt her tummy warm at the girl’s first genuine smile her way; she had wanted to give a good impression knowing that Hyewon is her girlfriend’s best friend. Someone who has been beside Sakura since they were young, someone she envies, and someone she’s thankful for. 

 

 

Sakura leans her head towards Chaeyeon hugging her arm, “Very lucky indeed.” 

 

 

The four continued to converse as they eat. They talk about a lot of stuff, ranging from Yena and Chaeyeon’s college days, Hyewon’s obsession with drinking and eating, or Sakura’s obsession with games. Just anything under the sun. 

 

 

There was one instance when the couple once again, acts as if they were the only people in the world, with the way, Sakura feeds Chaeyeon and the latter opening on instinct. Yena, who was looking at the two finally, breaks the spell they’re on as she asks what she has been curious about ever since she knew about the two.

 

 

“So, how did you two meet?”

 

 

The two look at each other as Chaeyeon tries so hard to stop herself from laughing, while Sakura facepalms. “I’ll let Chaeyeon answer this one.”

 

 

The other two turns their curious eyes towards Chaeyeon, who was looking at her girlfriend, who seemed to be acting unfazed, but deep inside, she knew she was still embarrassed to this day.

 

 

“Well, it seems like Saku chan gave me permission,” she starts as she grins mischievously. “We met at a party… and let’s just say, I kind of saw everything before I even learned her name.”

 

 

Sakura’s hands immediately come up to her face, shaking her head as if to shake away the memory. Yena stays silent at Sakura’s apparent unease while her best friend, Kang Hyewon, is already bracing herself for whatever embarrassment she did.

 

 

“I was a sophomore in high school, and I wanted to earn money, an opportunity came in the form of my neighbor back then who ran a catering business… 

 

 

Chaeyeon is finally able to rest after four grueling hours of catering to these rich folks all night. She did not expect the party to be this big. Mrs. Kim gave the impression it was to be a small private birthday party. Apparently, small and private does not mean the same for rich people, especially if it was a birthday party. When she arrived at the venue, it was big, but big would be an understatement, no wonder Mrs. Kim needed more help.

 

 

After washing some of the dishes, Mrs. Kim finally told her to go rest, since most of the people are done eating and that the rest of the waiters can handle it. She decides she needed fresh air after being cooped in the hall, full of wealthy people.

 

 

She steps out, walking towards what appears to be a garden with a fountain in the middle. She finds a bench and stretches her limbs before sitting down a sigh of relief coming out. She stares at the sky and sees how big the moon is. It seems like it’s a full moon tonight. While she was admiring the sky, steps coming from her left grabs her attention. 

 

 

Her head turns towards the direction, thinking it might just be one of her fellow waitresses. But once a pair of heels, topped by a long, pink ball gown dress, with diamonds sparkling against the moonlight, it looked like it was shining brighter than the stars, she felt anxious. Once her eyes move towards the owner’s face, Chaeyeon felt her heart skipped multiple beats. 

 

 

Cause she is looking at the most beautiful girl, she has ever seen in her life. While Chaeyeon was rendered speechless, the girl seemed to have thought that she was alone because what she did next completely punched Chaeyeon’s soul out of her body.

 

 

The gorgeous angel just lifted her gown in the middle of the garden with the moon and the stars and Chaeyeon as her audience, exposing her long beautiful legs and red pan… Chaeyeon averts her eyes before she could even finish the word in her head, her gaze goes to the girl’s hand reaching onto what seemed to be a gun holster on her right leg, pulling what, Chaeyeon at the time thought was a gun.

 

 

Chaeyeon lets out a yelp out of instinct, completely surprising the girl as she drops what she took out on the floor. The two stares at each other for an eternity, both not knowing what to do.

 

 

“So, what did she drop?” Yena asks eagerly

 

 

But Hyewon answers instead, “Let me guess, it was a game console, right?” 

 

 

Chaeyeon laughs as she nods, making Sakura turn to her, burying her face on Chaeyeon’s side.

 

 

Yena blinks, stunned at the revelation, “You… hid a game console under your gown using a gun holster….?”

 

 

Hyewon turns to Yena eyebrow raised, “That’s what caught your attention? Did you not hear that she flashed a high school student?” she asks, “I’d call that ual harassment if you ask me.”

 

 

The comment made everyone, except, of course, Sakura laugh. But the girl snuggles her head further into Chaeyeon, making the girl smile at the action, caressing Sakura’s back in an attempt to comfort her.

 

 

“No wonder you wouldn’t tell me how you guys met, only saying that you met on your 18th birthday,” Adds Hyewon, clearly enjoying teasing her best friend.

 

 

“Omg, I knew you would tease me, but please stop it now,” complains Sakura, who was now on her side, huffing with her arms crossed. “If you won’t, then I might also retell how you and Eunbi unnie met? You want that?” 

 

 

Hyewon’s eyes widen as she tries to control her face, “Heh, not like yours is any better, flasher.”

 

 

Yena could not hold her laugh as she lets one out while trying to stop it at the same time. But, Chaeyeon was watching her silently.

 

 

At Hyewon’s first comment, Chaeyeon notices the slight change in Yena’s demeanor. She has seen it before, but it is more blatant now. Chaeyeon wants to know what’s wrong, so while her girlfriend and Hyewon are busy trying to up the other, she excuses herself and Yena to the restroom.

 

 

Yena was surprised as she looked at Chaeyeon worriedly. But Chaeyeon gave her nothing, so she had no choice but to follow her. Once they were inside, Chaeyeon turns around to face her, making Yena step back.

 

 

“Is everything okay with you?”

 

 

Yena tilts her head, confused, “What? Of course. What do you mean?”

 

 

“Don’t lie to me. I know when you lie.”

 

 

Something about what Chaeyeon said made her snap, as her expression changes from confusion to rage, “Not like you haven’t lied to me too, huh.”

 

 

It was Chaeyeon’s turn to be confused, “What are you talking about?”

 

 

“Why did you lie when I asked you if you were dating someone back when we were just starting college?” Yena asks resting her hand on her hip, Chaeyeon was about to answer, but Yena isn’t finished, “How come you haven’t mentioned about meeting her way back in high school? While her best friend seemed to know about you two. I thought I was your best friend?”

 

 

“I’m sorry…I wanted to tell you, …but we were still keeping it a secret," explains Chaeyeon, as her eyes try to convey how sorry she was towards Yena.

 

 

“And yet, Kang Hyewon knows.” Yena scoffs, “What a secret, huh.” 

 

 

Chaeyeon does not know what to say, she knows she was at fault, yet she somehow felt defensive about it. She also felt like Yena is quite impossible right now with her reaction, it’s not like she killed someone, “Aren’t you overreacting a little bit?” as soon as the words escape , Chaeyeon wanted to take it back when she saw Yena’s crestfallen expression.

 

 

“It may be overreacting to you, but what I feel is betrayal.” says Yena shaking her head, “You don’t trust me enough, that’s what it means.”

 

 

“No, that’s not true, Yena, ah.”

 

 

Yena does not say anything else before she turns and leaves the restroom.

 

 

Back to the two CEOs, it seemed they were done with their bickering as they wait for the other two to come back. Sakura was eating some of Chaeyeon’s leftover cake when Hyewon finally breaks her silence.

 

 

“I like her.”

 

 

Sakura turns her gaze towards her best friend with a suspicious glint.

 

 

“I like her for you, ,” she adds, rolling her eyes, her best friend is really too whipped and too protective.

 

 

This made Sakura smiles as she feels giddy. But it changes as soon as Hyewon opens again, “Have you told her about your parents wanting you to meet potential marriage prospects?”

 

 

Sakura stiffens and does not say anything.

 

 

“Look, I’m not saying this because I oppose the two of you, but she’s young and still in college. And will her job be stable enough in the future? Do you think your parents will approve of her?”

 

 

Sakura raises her head and looks at Hyewon; she wants to say that, of course, they will, since Chaeyeon is the girl she loves, but before she could say something, Yena comes back, followed close by Chaeyeon.

 

 

Hyewon immediately changes her expression, looking up at the two of them. “Oh, hey, you guys are back.” 

 

 

When all the two of them did was nod, Hyewon raises an eyebrow, feeling something weird between the two’s dynamic, “Is everything okay?”

 

 

Sakura turns towards Chaeyeon, concerned, her hands instantly ready to reach for her. Chaeyeon finally answers this time as she smiles, “Yeah, everything is peachy.”

 

 

After settling the bill, courtesy of Chaeyeon —much to Sakura’s dismay, they finally decide to call it a day. 

 

 

The four of them were standing outside, saying their last goodbyes. Hyewon leaves first, saying she has something to do which Sakura probably thinks it’s to call Eunbi unnie, but not before telling the two college girls that it was nice meeting them and that they should hang out like this again soon.

 

 

“Thank you for today, next time, it’s my treat okay Chaeyeon ah?” and off she goes, which leaves Yena, Chaeyeon, and Sakura.

 

 

“Well, I’m off,” says Yena, extending a hand towards Sakura, “It was nice to meet you, Sakura ssi.”

 

 

Sakura arches an eyebrow at the formality, “Just call me Sakura, no need to be so formal.”

 

 

Yena nods, then look at Chaeyeon, “I’m going, see you at school.” She says as she turns away.

 

 

“Yena, wait!” says Chaeyeon grabbing Yena’s arm, making the girl turn her way, “I’ll go with you.”

 

 

“Baby?” Sakura calls out, surprised at Chaeyeon’s sudden decision. 

 

 

Chaeyeon does not look back and continues to stare at Yena, eyes pleading. But when Yena saw Sakura’s face behind her, she knew what she had to do. 

 

 

“Aigooo, you really are so clingy Chaen,” she says as she smiles, pulling the girl into a hug, once is near Chaeyeon’s ear, she whispers. “We’ll talk. Go to your girlfriend.” Then she pulls b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter