Good Night, Baby

IZ*ONE ONE-SHOT REQUESTS (CLOSED) BUSY writing the next requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt: Sakura is a CEO and is whipped for college student Chaeyeon

 

 

"Okay, that ends today's meeting. Have a good evening everyone," says a woman, wearing a black skirt topped with a blazer over a pink chiffon blouse.

 

 

 

The people around the table nods as they one by one, gathered their things and made their way to the door.

 

 

 

The woman releases a sigh as soon as the last person left, closing the door with a soft click. Today has been a long day for her as she sits back down on the chair, leans back, resting her head as she closes her eyes, taking this time to rest for a couple of minutes. But not even a minute later, the door opens again much to her frustrations.

 

 

 

Can't she rest? She opens an eye anyways to check who dares to disturb her after such a long meeting, but once she saw who it was, rolls her eyes and closes it again.

 

 

 

"Go away. I'm tired."

 

 

 

The intruder does not bat an eye as she continued her stride, "Now, why would you say that to your best friend, Kkura ah."

 

 

 

Sakura remains unmoving, thinking that if she ignored the girl, she would magically disappear, and she can go back to resting in peace. But it seems as if reality isn't on her side because she could still sense the girl getting closer, closer until she could feel her right in front of her. She grunts as she finally opens her eyes, glaring at the girl. "What do you want, Kang Hyewon?"

 

 

 

"Let's go out for drinks," says Hyewon, as she sits on the table with her arms crossed.

 

 

 

Sakura lifts an eyebrow, "I'm tired. And besides, didn't you just come from a meeting too?"

 

 

 

"Yeah, but it ended hours ago, and I'm bored," Hyewon says deadpanned, swinging her legs.

 

 

 

"Must be lucky not to be so busy?" Sakura says

 

 

 

"Hey now, I'm starting to think you don't like my presence," Hyewon fakes offense, placing a hand on her chest.

 

 

 

"You're not wrong, so go away" Sakura waves her away as she tries to close her eyes again, Kang Hyewon is a pain in the a**

 

 

 

"And for your information, I WAS busy. I just finished my work faster than you, slowpoke," says Hyewon, clearly joking but all the while trying to goad the girl.

 

 

 

Sakura's response is merely turning her chair away, not saying anything. She knows Hyewon is trying to get a reaction from her because if she did, her response would open up an opportunity for the girl to propose a bet of some kind, which the gamer girl inside her, can never refuse.

 

 

 

What Hyewon wanted her to do is say something like, "No, I'm faster, I just have more work" then Hyewon would respond by saying, "Well then the only way to settle this is to determine who's the fastest drinker."

 

 

 

That would have been the case if Sakura did react, but Sakura is too tired. Frankly, she does not want to nurse a headache in the morning. So, she ignores the girl much to her best friend's annoyance.

 

 

 

"Come on, Kkura ah, I need my wing woman" Seeing as her initial plan did not work, Hyewon tries another way. She knows that even if her best friend seemed to be a cold-hearted successful woman, this girl is a big fan of her relationship.

 

 

 

It seemed it was successful since Sakura turned her chair back to her, eyes burning with complete disbelief, "Wow, Eunbi unnie would really like that."

 

 

 

"Hush, the woman is busy in Canada for now, so I'm bored, I need my girls."

 

 

 

Sakura was actually close to accepting, and she supports the girl as she also supports her relationship with Eunbi unnie, she thinks that they are a match made in heaven. She knows Hyewon is fiercely loyal, but she also knows how Hyewon was such a party animal when they were younger. Hyewon did a lot of stupid things as alcohol is her number one enemy, and as her best friend, Sakura needs to watch over her. She opens , ready to accept, but when she sees her phone lit up on the table, her attention was immediately on it, as she shuts out everything else, including the pout her best friend is currently wearing.

 

 

 

My Baby <3

Hey, Saku chan, your meeting must have ended right now? Good work today. Let's meet up next time. You should rest"

 

 

 

"I'm quite sure to be declined, now," Hyewon says mostly to herself with a sigh, shaking her head "Dammit Lee Chaeyeon."

 

 

 

Sakura continues to ignore the girl, as her strength seemed to come back as she quickly gathers her things and stands up, "See ya, Hye. Let's have drinks next time."

 

 

 

Hyewon watches her best friend go, rolling her eyes, "Whipped," she says, as she walks, but her steps stop when Sakura's head pops in on the door again, "You're not, right?" she asks.

 

 

 

Hyewon knows what she's asking, she knows that even if her best friend is a whipped idiot, the girl still looks out for her, and she understands Sakura trusts her and knows that she will never cheat on Eunbi, but alcohol is just something Hyewon can't control. And they seem to have an understanding, both Sakura and herself does not trust Hyewon when alcohol is involved.

 

 

 

Hyewon rolls her eyes, "Yeah yeah, I'll just hang out with Nako and Chaewon; now go, you whipped idiot."

 

 

 

Sakura opens to retaliate but closes it again because Hyewon is not wrong. But Sakura can't help it, she just is. "Alright, next time, kay?"

 

 

 

Hyewon nods and waves her away. Once the girl disappears, closing the door, Hyewon continues to saunter towards the door, "Now, where is Nako?"

 

 

.

 

 

At Korea University,

 

 

 

"Hey, Chaen! Let's go to that new ice cream parlor that just opened beside Wendy's."

 

 

 

A short raven-haired girl turns to the voice giving an okay sign before looking back down to her phone. "And send."

 

 

 

She was too focused on her phone; she did not notice her friend had approached her from behind, "Who are you texting?"

 

 

 

Chaeyeon moves back, hugging her phone to her chest, "Just my mom Yena ah, let's go wash up," she replies with a sing-song voice.

 

 

 

Yena looks suspicious at the girl's reaction but does not say anything.

 

 

 

After washing up, the two friends finally make their way outside. Both excited to get something to eat after their 3-hour long practice.

 

 

 

"Yah, I really like that move you suggested," says Yena as she excitedly makes the move. Chaeyeon watches her with a smile.

 

 

 

"The one you suggested is good too," Chaeyeon replies in the same zeal, also doing the move.

 

 

 

Yena watches in awe, the way Chaeyeon moves is just so amazing. Really amazing that Yena wonders if the girl has multiple joints, "You're a really great dancer, Chaen, like really. The move looks better when you did it."

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stops as she pushes Yena's shoulder "Oh, stop it, you know, I won't treat you ice cream."

 

 

 

Yena appears shocked to be found out with the way her eyes grew wide. Chaeyeon tilts her head, confused. "Yah, were you that surprised I read your mind?"

 

 

 

But Yena shakes her head, as she gestures behind Chaeyeon, "There's a really gorgeous woman by the gates."

 

 

 

Chaeyeon turns around, and the same expression appeared on her face. Cause there stands the most beautiful woman she's ever seen, leaning by her red sports car, wearing a y formal outfit, which Chaeyeon is confused if it's appropriate with how gorgeous she looks just standing there and grinning so wide. Chaeyeon scans her whole figure as she gulps. Her eyes go back to her face, and Chaeyeon swore her heart skipped a beat, cause once their eyes connect, everything just tuned out. It was just them, surrounded by the night sky.

 

 

 

"You see what I see, too, right? The woman is waving at us," Yena suddenly says beside her, and this finally wakes Chaeyeon up, she struggles to say something, but Sakura seemed to ignore it.

 

 

 

"Chaeyeon, ah!"

 

 

 

"Saku Cha… ehem Sakur ssi?" Chaeyeon tried to hide the excitement at seeing her girlfriend, but she did not forget that she was not alone.

 

 

 

Yena seemed to regain her senses as she looks beside Chaeyeon, confused. How does Chaeyeon know this goddess?

 

 

 

Sakura pouts at the formality. As she crosses her arms, she's not about to go with Chaeyeon's refusal to acknowledge their relationship outside of their little bubble. She can see Chaeyeon signal her, but she ignores it, "Hey baby,"

 

 

 

If Chaeyeon's eyes could pop out of her sockets at the endearment, it definitely would have. Yena is the same as she looks between the two, growing even more confused. "What are you doing here?"

 

 

 

"I came here to see you, of course," Sakura simply replies unbothered by Chaeyeon's frantic expression.

 

 

 

"Um…" Yena starts

 

 

 

But before she could finish it, in a flash, Chaeyeon immediately walks over Sakura, pushing the girl to the other side so that she can open the car door. "I'll see you tomorrow Yena ah, I'll treat you next time," she says before getting inside the car.

 

 

 

Sakura waves at Yena before she walks to the other side and gets in the car too.

 

 

 

Yena stands there until the cars start and disappear, "Okay, Lee Chaeyeon owes me an explanation and ice cream.

 

 

-

 

 

The car ride was bathed in silence, and Sakura especially was quiet as the woman focuses her eyes forward on the road, not even sparing a glance at Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon fidgets in her seat as the older continues to ignore her, she knew it was her fault. The reason why she's anxious while she stares at the side of her girlfriend's face. She has been contemplating how to apologize after all her girlfriend came all the way here.

 

 

 

It took several minutes more before they finally stopped at a r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter