Their only lead

Her Bloodied Paramour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! This chapter is shorter compared to the first chap, but just to get the story going--so that we can get at them Kwonchaeng crumbs ye? hahaha. Also forgive my poor ediitng skills ^_^

for clarity:

Lee Sian - Male

Enjoy, Comment, and Upvote!

 

Chapter 2

Their only lead

         

Bang! Bang! In the Ales killers’ secret lair, shot after shot were fired in the group’s own firing range.

“Nice shot Chaeryeong-ah!” Chaeryeong removed her noise cancelling ear muffs, smiling at Yuri’s words as she inspected her target mark. At the distance she tried, her shot wasn’t necessarily at the centre, but it was close enough—she was glad at the improvement.

Chaeryeong shifted her gaze to Yuri’s target mark, Yuri’s distance was double hers and the shot was accurately on the centre of the target. Chaeryeong let out a sigh in awe and disbelief, how Yuri could accurately fire semi-automatic guns at that distance and with her quaint size was still a wonder to Chaeryeong.

“I’m not as good as you Yuri,” Chaeryeong teased Yuri, knowing how the other girl gets uncomfortable whenever her shooting skills are brought to attention, even when Yuri was the group’s designated sniper.

The girls’ conversation was cut short by a loud knocking on the glass door leading to the firing range, it was the group’s resident hacker, Choi Yena.

“Can you girls stop ruffling each other’s feathers and get over here?” Choi Yena grinned teasingly, both Chaeryeong and Yuri rolled their eyes at his antics.

“Sorry if our shooting skills are something to be jealous of Yena-oppa.” Yuri mimed back.

“Don’t brag Yuri, we all know you only became the sniper because you’re scared of close-combat fights!” Yena replied, sticking his tongue out for good measure. “You’re a coward.”

“Well excuse me! Aren’t you the one who’s always cooped up in vans? If there’s a coward here, it’s you!” Yuri shouted, it was evident that she was slowly getting upset.

“No, you’re the bigger coward!” Yena bit back.

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes for the second time, spending time with Yuri or Yena alone was a good thing, it was when the both were together… well, that’s a problem all on its own.

Putting a stop to the boiling fight, Chaeryeong said, “Guys sorry to cut this courting session, but can ya’ll get a room?”

At Chaeryeong’s words Yuri turned beet red and lowered her gaze to the floor, whilst Yena suddenly found the wall next to him interesting. The sight almost made Chaeryeong laugh… almost.

“Yujin and Chaewon are here already, Chaeyeon wants to talk to us.” Feeling uncomfortable with the turn of atmosphere, Yena blurted out what he was initially supposed to say and ran out of the firing range in the speed of light.

At the behest of their leader, Yuri followed Yena’s footsteps—her head hung in embarrassment, a chuckling yet disheartened Chaeryeong hot on her heels.

“What happened to the three of you? Especially you Yuri, you are like… tomato red!” Ahn Yujin’s loud voice greeted the trio as they entered the makeshift meeting room at the center of the lair they affectionately named ‘the Nest’.

Due to Yujin’s words, Yena immediately and smoothly busied himself with the files Chaeyeon wanted to discuss to the group, whilst Yuri glared at Yujin as she sat on her seat. Chaeyeon and Chaewon chuckled at the flushed and awkward atmosphere between Yena and Yuri, the undercurrent between the two members of their pseudo-family was a well-known fact.

“Chaeyeon hyung, just give Yena your blessings already! That’s all he is waiting for!” Yujin shouted, swinging his arms over to Yuri’s seat, and if she could’ve gone any redder—she would have.

“Yah! Shut up you big baby!” Yuri pushed Yujin’s limbs off of her seat, whilst Yena glared at Yujin with a ferocity… Yujin’s words hit the target too close.

“Enough Yujin, Yena and Yuri might combust at this point.” Chaeryeong laughed at Chaewon’s words—hiding the bitterness she felt at the situation, unlike Yena and Yuri’s inability to hide their real feelings for each other, Chaeryeong has mastered its art.

Chaeryeong knew right from the start tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter