Unwelcome Visitations

on opposite ends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
PRELUDE.

It's too cold outside to be wearing a single layer of clothing that consists of a thin sweater but she had only meant to get the mail when she saw from the window that the mailbox flag had been turned up. Snow was falling fast and the temperature continued to drop which was odd but not highly unlikely this time around during the end of March. Snow flurries were trapped within the strands of her hair but she was too preoccupied with the two burly men blocking her path back to the front door of her own house, appearing out of nowhere, to have noticed. 

 

Her hand tightened around the stack of mail she had and felt the outline of her wand against the pocket of her sweater. She contemplates for a split second whether or not to the hex them on the spot before she takes a brave step forward. The men don't move a muscle but they keep their beady eyes trained on her.

 

She's about to take another step and finally whip her wand out when someone clears their throat and it's neither of the two men standing in front of her.

 

"It's been a while, Jisoo." 

 

It takes three seconds for Jisoo to place a name on the woman who had been standing behind her. Jisoo turned around to face her former colleague standing near the mailbox and the woman, Kang Seulgi, smiles at her. False sweet and teeth hidden no doubt like her true intentions as to why she was here. She looks at Jisoo with a glint of sentiment.

 

Personally, Jisoo thinks Seulgi's sentiments are misplaced at this time. "What do you want?" she didn't mean for her tone to come out icily, she'd like to blame the weather for that. Or maybe she did mean it. "I reckon you're not here for some tea and to chat. Not when you brought some lapdogs with you.” She points unkindly to the two men behind her, whose faces harden at her last sentence.

 

“No,” Seulgi's false smile gradually fades. She has her hands clasped against the front of her long coat, no wand in sight but Jisoo knows she can get it out in less than second if Jisoo did the same. “Perhaps some other day, you can invite me inside for tea but for today, I’m not here as a friend.”

 

Somewhere in the depths of her being, Jisoo wants to tell Seulgi that she hasn’t considered her as a friend for quite a while now but she holds back only because she doesn’t want to spend another minute around ex-friends and Ministry lapdogs. She needs to cut this conversation short and Seulgi and her bodyguards need to leave immediately. Whatever they're here for, she's willing to fight her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter