Chapter 2

fishbowl.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun

 

I sat there at my desk trying my best to concentrate on the contract in front of me. I hated reading contracts while loving it so much at the same time. It may seem a bit niche, but I loved working all while hating it at the same time. However, I couldn’t concentrate not because of work, but because of Ms. Kim Areum.

The more and more I thought about her, the more and more I replayed last night's events in my head. She was suave, well spoken, and overall seemed genuine.

 

I watched as she tried chicken satay I had recommended to her. Jongin’s establishments always had the best foods and in my opinion it was one of the best. Somewhere along the lines, we had also somehow managed to order a kimchi fried rice to share along with a roll of the bar’s signature sushi.

I watched as she placed the chicken in as her eyes popped open. A satisfying ‘hmm’ leaving as she nodded in my direction. “You’re so right, Baekhyun! This is delicious.” I smiled at her reaction. She just talked to me so naturally and it just felt so natural talking to her.

“I knew you would like it. It’s one of my favorites.”

She smiled at me as she took a small sip of her drink. “I thought after I had the fried rice, there could be nothing better.” 

Looking back up at me with those huge brown eyes, I couldn’t help but feel like I had to stay quiet. I had to listen to her and every word she had to speak.

“Thanks for recommending the food here. I’m still trying to find good places to eat.” She smiled sheepishly and it was just so cute.

 

The more and more I think about it, I think the more I got distracted. It wasn’t good at all and I knew at any moment, Kim Minseok would be bursting in here to bust my balls about how long it was taking him for a contract. Although I was the boss, it never stopped Minseok from telling me where I was lacking. However, right now, I could care less especially with Aruem still floating in my head. It may have been my first time meeting her, but she had also given me a first time yesterday.

 

I knew this wasn’t a date, but it felt like it. It felt like I had just had the most amazing time of my life, so as the check came out for our drinks and food, like Kim Jongin knew, I had instinctively reached for it. However, as her hand landed on top of mine, I could feel the coldness of her hand followed by that small sting of electricity coursing through me. 

Both her and I pulled our hands away and looked at each other. I could see the small bit of shock on her face. Maybe she felt it too? However, I watched as a bright smile fell on her face, “I’ll pay.”

I’ve never meant a woman who had offered to pay. It was a nice gesture, but I couldn’t let her. “But I recommended it all and I ate some too.” I said as I placed my hand on the bill, but she also reached for it.

“How about we go halfsies then?”

I blinked at her. “Halfsies?”

 

Halfsies. Yesterday was my first time ever going halfsies. Laughing to myself, I clasp my hands together and push my forehead into them as I try to quiet myself. Amazing! 

 

As the check came back, Jongin looked at me weirdly as he handed Areum her half of the bill. However, I only smiled at him and shooed him away. Looking back to Areum, I watched as she signed her signature on the receipt. 

“So.” I began, trying to muster all of my courage. I felt redundant. I kept telling myself not to fall so hard so easy. However, this felt so right and I couldn’t just let her get away. Three months was enough time in between to start dating again, right?

So as she stared at me with a hopeful smile, I wouldn't disappoint. “If you’re still looking for more places, maybe I could recommend you some? Maybe we could go together?”

I watched as her smile just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter