Girl*

You're Still My Girlfriend

 Relationship is something most people want it but not everybody can give commitment to it. Instead of having a boyfriend, she'd rather have herself. Going solo as what Jennie said is better than anything. Once broken, it can never be mended. She likes men, she wants to like them but something stop her. Barrier is the thing, she can never forget it. The man she pretends to love but in fact she does love him more than anything. It broke her heart once she knows it was a set up. Falling in trap like a rat is not what she expects. She hates to tell the truth but it is. Hurts that indescribable. It almost killing her.


6 years passed with good life. Further her study in university she dreams of, majoring in Language because she loves it. She’s already at the last year of her study, last year in foundation. She feels glad because she finally going forward without hesitation. The alarm ringing for umpteenth time and finally at last the owner turn it off. ‘Gosh, when will you shut the alarm?’ Feeling a bit annoyed but continue into her dreamland, hugging a pillow for a better sleep. That’s the point.
Wake up herself without any noisiness, she stretches her body before get up from her bed. A loud thud coming from her, lucky no one is awake yet. “That hurt!” She whispers while rubbing her head. Opening her locker, picking her undergarment and take a shower. She’s not used to wearing clothes in front of everyone although she already lives with her roommates for a year and half. She’s just not comfortable with it.
Feeling fresh from the shower, she combs her hair using her big black comb. Putting on toner and moisturiser before boiling the water for her to drink. She tied her hair into ponytail, she grabs a container with black coffee to drink as it’s her routine. “Hmmph.” She sniffs, feeling refresh with the aroma. She sits at the corner where her desk is placed and tie up the curtain to let the light enter. Somehow today, she feels great. Feeling good mood which better than before.

After watching some entertainment using her iPad, she receives a call from her beloved mother. “Hi, mom.” A small smile escapes her lips. She keeps on talking with her mom until her mom drops a bomb. “Why so sudden?”
“Well, I just want you to come with me.” Her mom surely do talk a lot and love telling story although it’s unnecessary to her but hearing this sudden invitation, it doesn’t help her from getting curious. She knows her mom very well because her mom will not ask her to come home just because to ask her going out. “Okay then. I’ll be home this weekend.”
Shrugging off the thought, she goes back with what she’s doing.


“She’s coming home.”
She glares at the girl lying across her. Gosh, this girl seriously is nuisance. “Yah! Slow down.” It’s no other than her own roommate who’s currently watching drama which she thinks it’s some cliché plot. “You know how I get so hype when I watch drama.”
‘I don’t.’ Rolling her eyes, she heads out to take some fresh air. Her good mood has been ruined by her friend and it’s not good but she’s not the type that easily annoyed. It’s just she needs to get out because she’s bored.
Putting on her earphone, she walks outside and decides to head out of the compound. She just walk around looking at the creation. She loves the weather, it’s nice and she can tell a lot of people go out for the weather. But it’s actually because they wanted to.
She stops at a bookstore after walking for quite some time. She missed bookstore. She haven’t go to the place since she steps into college. She just doesn’t have time to go and check new books and now it’s the chance. Both of her corner lips lifted upward when she saw the books. ‘Heaven.’ She thought and look at the genre. She loves sci-fi and mystery thriller. So, she goes to the section and accidentally hit a book shelf. The book falls and she quickly pick it up, afraid if the staff saw it.

“Clumsy as always.” She’s startled by sudden voice that she thinks she recognised them. She quickly placed the book back and look at the voice coming from. She almost lost her oxygen when she saw a young man, smiling in front of her but she acts as if she’s no affected.
Pretending as he’s just a worker, she apologised to the man and look for the genre. “Hey, you’re not gonna greet me?” The man earlier try to approach her again. She pretends she didn’t hear him and finally found the section. “Aww, come on. You knew me, Suk.” She almost flinch hearing the name he called her.
The man grabs her wrist and turn her around, taking off her earphone. “Hey.” Somehow his voice change slightly. It sounds gentler. “How are you?” She just stare at the man and not say anything. “I’m working here.”
“Yeah, can see that.” She mutters but he heard it. He chuckles and think this girl just don’t change. “What are you doing here?” She looks at the man with no interest. She shows the book in front of him and the guy just chuckle. “Okay. I can see that.”

The man leaves her all alone because to respect her as customer. After quite some time, she decides to leave the store. “Thank you. Please come again.” The cashier says and she just smile softly. She hums to a song while walking back to compound. “Wait.”
She looks at the man earlier and frown. “Just… want to have a little time with you.” He frowns, his lips jutted a little. “If I say no?” He grins forcefully, somehow showing off his dimple that has been her admiration since before. “Fine. Just a while.” The man smiles, knowing his trick actually work after years.
“You don’t want coffee?” There some awkward ambience, it’s like some crow flying over them. “Seems like you had your coffee. Juice?” The man just stands up and order drinks for them. A few later, the man come back with carrot juice in front of her and a latte for him. “Still your favourite?” He asks, wondering if she still the same. “Okay. Let’s get to the point. What do you want?” Finally the girl asks after been treating him with silence. “Just want to be your friend.”
She sighs and lean on the chair. “We were friend.”
“That’s it. That’s the point. We were but now we weren’t.” He looks at the girl and lean forward. “Look, I just want to be your friend. I know I made a mistake but it was supposed to be forgiven anyway.”
“But, if I don’t want to?” He sighs and grab her hand. She dodges it and glare at him. “Okay, I’m sorry for being presumptuous but I’m sorry too for the past. I just want to make things clear.”
“6 years has passed and I’m fine with it already. But I can’t stand to see your face.” She gets up and decide to leave but something make her heart tugged. “I know I’m at my fault but can’t you please forget it?”
“Please, Suk.”
“Enough. I’m not Suk and I don’t know who you’re talking about.” He quickly grabs her arm and make her sit back. “That was our name.” She closes her eyes for a while, sighing. She doesn’t want to remember those things. His voice is so soft and gentle and she can never forget he used to sing to her. “Honestly, what do you want, Jungkook.”

He smiles. After been ages he hasn’t hear she called her name, now he finally hear it. Same goes to her. She haven’t call his name since the day they separate. Actually, they didn’t break up. They just moved their own way and it’s hurt to tell the truth. “You're still my girlfriend anyway.”
Sumin gapes at the statement and scoff. “So, that’s the thing you want to talk about? Listen, we broke years ago and I can’t believe you still claiming me as your girlfriend.”
“That’s the truth though. None of us declared anything about break up. We just went our way and that’s what I want to make clear.” Sumin crosses her arms and finally take a sip of her drink. “But it’s long enough already and let’s not bring it back. If you want to be my friend, then okay.”
“I’m not breaking up with you. You're still my girlfriend.”