A Doctor's Game

One Floor Above
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is what happened in the apartment while Wheein and Yongsun were on their date. Hope you enjoy some hwabyul :)

(If you haven't read the previous chapter you should do that first)

The moment Yongsun and Wheein left the apartment for their date, the little girl asked Hyejin if she could have a snack.

“Of course. Food is very important,” the brunette said and they went into the kitchen hand in hand. Byulyi just followed them like a lost puppy and sat down by the little girl as they watched Hyejin make some food.

“Sorry, I didn’t get to introduce myself, I’m Byulyi. You can call me Byul unnie for short,” the older woman bowed and bit and the little girl just nodded her head, not caring.

Hyejin noticed how quiet the girl got and was surprised because it was completely different from when she was with Wheein or other adults.

“Sunhee, you should also introduce yourself,” Hyejin chided and the girl barely turned to the doctor.

“Hi, I’m Sunhee,” the girl said quickly but then turned away again. Byulyi also noticed how indifferent the girl was acting and looked at Hyejin confused. 

The brunette just shrugged her shoulders and gestured to the fridge to get banana milk. The doctor did what she was told and when she went to pour a glass of banana milk, the little girl gave her a death glare.

“Wheein unnie is the only one who gives me banana milk,” Sunhee scowled and Byulyi frowned and put the drink down not knowing what to do.

“Sunhee, why are you being like that to Byul unnie?” The brunette scolded but Sunhee continued to look at the doctor coldly.

“You need to apologize first before you can get a snack,” Hyejin ordered and the girl let out a huff before turning to the doctor.

“I’m sorry unnie,” Sunhee said but it was the least genuine apology Byulyi’s ever heard. 

“Um, it’s okay. Do you still want banana milk?” The doctor asked hesitantly and the girl just gave a slight nod. Hyejin was going to scold the girl again but decided to just give her her snack. 

While the girl was eating, Byulyi got closer to Hyejin and slightly hugged her from behind, bending down to whisper in her ear.

“What did I do?” Hyejin tried to ignore the shiver that went down her spine before she turned and looked at the doctor, slightly leaning back into her embrace.

“Maybe you shouldn’t have made her mom mad first,” the brunette retorted quietly and Byulyi realized she might have had a point. 

 

After Sunhee was finished eating, Byulyi tried again to get closer to the little girl.

“Do you want more banana milk?” The doctor asked hopefully and the girl just looked at her weird. Byulyi thought for a moment an idea came into her head.

“How about we play a game?” Byulyi suggested and Sunhee couldn’t help but perk up a little. The brunette noticed the girl’s behavior and looked over at the doctor wondering what she had in mind.

“How about we bounce some ping pong balls into a cup of banana milk and if you make it in you get to drink the milk!” The older woman explained and Hyejin looked at the woman in shock. She hit the woman discretely.

“Are you suggesting beer pong but with banana milk?” The brunette seethed quietly through a fake smile and Byulyi just shrugged her shoulders.

“So you want to play?” Byulyi asked the little girl again and was met with an excited nod. Luckily Hyejin had some ping pong balls and gave them to the older woman. Well more like threw it at her but Byulyi just acted normally.

The doctor and little girl played a bunch of rounds of banana milk pong. Both were very competitive and every time they won they would rub it in each other’s faces. The brunette realized this was not a good bonding exercise and had to tell them to stop since banana milk was getting everywhere.

 

After they were told to stop Sunhee looked at Byulyi with even more hatred due to their competition but the doctor was oblivious.

“Aren’t I fun Sunhee?” Byulyi asked happily but was met with a scowl.

“No. Wheein unnie is more fun,” the girl grumbled and the older woman pouted.

“What can she do that I can’t!”

“She can paint!” Hyejin looked over at the doctor and saw the smirk forming on her face.

“Oh really? I happen to be a better artist than her,” Byulyi boasted and the brunette rolled her eyes.

“She taught you how to paint-” Hyejin tried but the doctor interrupted her.

“I can show you! Just get me a canvas and some paint and I’ll paint you,” the doctor announced and the girl looked at her suspiciously. 

“Fine, but if it’s not as good as Wheein unnie than Byul unnie gets a punishment,” Sunhee shot. Byulyi was gonna disagree but was interrupted.

“That’s a good idea Sunhee, Byul unnie should be punished,” the brunette agreed. Byulyi looked at her with surprise but was met with a stern face. Her words died on and when she tried to give an apologetic smile, the other woman just walked away.

Hyejin only had paper and some leftover paint and gave it to the doctor. 

Byulyi went to work and began painting the little girl. She concentrated hard on the paper while Sunhee and Hyejin went into the living room to give her privacy.

After a little while, the two were starting to get impatient.

“Byul unnie are you done?” The brunette yelled from the other room.

“Give me a moment! I’m almost done!” the doctor yelled back and Sunhee and Hyejin just rolled their eyes. 

 

Finally, the older woman called them over and they went and saw paint all over the counter. Hyejin was about to start scoldin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter