Selfish

One Floor Above
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Wheein finished talking to her mother about their day, the older woman said she had to get some things at the grocery store before it got late. Wheein offered to go with her but the woman insisted she stay behind.

The blonde waved goodbye to her mom as her phone pinged. Checking, she found a message from her best friend.

 

Hyejin: hey, my aunt invited us to eat dinner at one of her restaurants. The place is actually pretty fancy so dress up. We will come over around 7.

Wheein: alright, is your mom joining us?

Hyejin: no, she said she and your mom have a night planned... 

Wheein: gosh they’re gonna gossip aren’t they?

Hyejin: probably

Wheein: well okay. How are things between you and unnie? Have you talked again?

Hyejin: no, when we got home my mom asked to help her garden so I haven’t gotten the chance. How are you feeling?

Wheein: honestly, I still don’t believe it. We should all talk after dinner.

Hyejin: I know we should, but a part of me still doesn’t want to hear the truth.

Wheein: I know this must be hard, but we have to clear some things up. I think we are all just confused.

Hyejin: maybe, but what if she does still love you?

Wheein: I don’t love her like that anymore.

Hyejin: I know, but it would still hurt to hear…

Wheein: let’s not assume anything right now. I should let Yongsun unnie know about dinner, we can talk later. 

Hyejin: okay, see you later.

 

Wheein put down her phone and headed to Sunhee’s room to inform her and Yongsun about dinner plans. Opening the door, she only found the little girl sound asleep. She was going to just leave but instead, she went inside and scanned her room again. 

Looking at the art, she wasn’t as upset as she was before. Her talk with Yongsun that morning made her feel better about being in the space. While looking at a specific painting she did in middle school, she heard Sunhee stir behind her.

“Wheein unnie?” The little girl grumbled and the soldier went over and sat on the foot of the bed.

“Yeah, kid?”

“I don’t feel so good,” the girl murmured, weakly. Wheein’s eyes furrowed in concern as she placed her hand on Sunhee’s forehead.

“You’re burning up,” the blonde said worriedly, “I’ll go find some medicine and let your mom know.”

The little girl just nodded at the soldier’s words and then turned around in bed again. 

As the blonde looked through some cabinets, she wasn’t able to find any medicine suitable for kids. She quickly texted her mom to get some, and her mother texted right away saying she would.

 

Heading to her and Yongsun’s room, Wheein was still looking down at her phone. Distracted, she didn’t notice the other woman already waiting for her with dark eyes.

“Unnie-” the blonde started, but couldn’t finish as Yongsun closed the door and pinned her to it. Wheein couldn’t even get a word in as the older woman captured her lips. Surprised by the action, the blonde could only moan in response as Yongsun nibbled on her lower lip. 

“You’re mine,” the older woman growled before nipping at Wheein’s neck making her moan again. Her mind was too clouded to process what the other woman said as Yongsun went back to kissing her lips.

Getting even more lost in the moment, the soldier responded with equal desire. Wheein held the woman’s waist, bringing her closer, and in a swift motion, switched their positions. Yongsun let out a surprised gasp as her back hit the door, but the gasp turned into a loud moan when the blonde’s knee slipped between her legs. 

The two woman’s kisses began to get sloppier and the heat between them increased. The black-haired woman put her hand on Wheein’s hip, but her eyebrows scrunched in confusion when she felt stiff material. 

The soldier slightly winced at the contact and they pulled away from each other, panting. Wheein was met with confused eyes and she knew right away that Yongsun felt her bandages. 

“Uh- um,” the blonde stammered as her clouded brain started to clear and she remembered why she went into the room. “Uh, Sunhee said she wasn’t feeling good and was burning up,” Wheein got out through heavy breathes. 

The mother looked at her still confused, but her eyes widened in concern as she quickly opened the door to go check on her daughter. The soldier caught her breath and shook her head feeling embarrassed by what happened before heading after Yongsun.

 

As she left the room, her mother was entering through the front door, holding some bags in her hands. Wheein quickly went and helped the woman, grabbing the bags and setting them in the kitchen.

“The medicine is in that bag,” the mother said pointing at a specific one. 

“Thanks, mom,” the blonde said as she quickly got the medicine before heading to Sunhee’s room.

Entering the space, she found Yongsun worriedly checking on her daughter.

“Unnie, my mom got Sunhee some medicine,” Wheein softly reassured and the older woman moved aside as the soldier crouched down in front of her daughter. Yongsun quietly watched the blonde give her daughter the medicine and her worries began to subside. 

“Thank you, Wheein,” the mother whispered, feeling grateful to have someone look after Sunhee. The other woman just gave a small smile before finishing up and Sunhee gave a small thank you before drifting back to sleep.

The two women watched over the little girl some more in silence. The air between them was tenser than usual and Yongsun felt bad if she made the other woman uncomfortable.

“Sorry for um attacking you back there,” the older woman awkwardly said and Wheein let out a light chuckle.

“It’s fine, unnie, I really didn’t mind. Although, it was kinda random,” the blonde noted. Even though they weren’t facing each other, Yongsun adverted her eyes as she remembered why she did what she did. However, she didn’t want the other woman to know about her slight jealousy.  

“Uh, you just looked really y in your hanbok earlier, I couldn’t help myself,” Yongsun came up with and the soldier tried to hide her slight blush. Wanting to change the subject, Wheein remembered the plans for tonight.

“Hyejin’s aunt invited us to eat at her restaurant, but since Sunhee is sick, I’d understand if you don’t want to go.” 

“Oh, I feel bad not being able to go, but I should stay with Sunhee.”

“Do you want me to also stay behind?” 

“No, you should go since we can’t.” The blonde nodded at the woman’s words and the two looked at the sleeping girl one last time before leaving the room. 

 

Wheein’s mother noticed the two leave the little girl’s room as she finished putting grocery’s away. 

“Is Sunhee okay?” The two women turned and went to the eldest woman.

“I think she’s running a fever,” the soldier responded and her mother frowned.

“Thank you for buying the medicine, ajumma, I’ll pay you back.” Wheein’s mother shook her head at Yongsun’s words.

“That’s not necessary, Yongsun.” The other mother was going to argue but after a certain look from the eldest, she held her tongue.

“Will you two still go to dinner?” 

“Yongsun unnie wants to stay with Sunhee,” the soldier said and her mother shook her head again.

“Hyejin’s mother and I can look after Sunhee tonight, you should go with Hyejin and Byulyi.” Yongsun was again going to deny her offer but the mention of a certain doctor made her think a little bit more.

“Mom, unnie is worried for Sunhee. Hyejin, Byulyi, and I will be fine.” The woman next to Wheein frowned again as the jealousy started to bubble inside and Wheein’s mother noticed right away.

“Yongsun, it is up to you, but we really don’t mind watching after Sunhee. I promise we will keep her safe,” the older woman reassured, while also trying to suppress a laugh at Yongsun’s obvious jealousy. She had a feeling the other mother overheard their conversation earlier. 

“Well, if you don’t mind, ajumma, then I would be very grateful, especially since Hyejin’s aunt is inviting us,” Yongsun answered and the eldest gave her a knowing nod. 

“Alright, unnie, as long as it’s okay with you. We should probably get ready now since it’s already 6 and we have to dress pretty nice,” Wheein suggested not really noticing the vibe between the two older women. Yongsun nodded and followed Wheein but before she did she glanced over her shoulder to the other mother and gave a slight nod in acknowledgment.

 

The two got ready separately with Yongsun occupying the bathroom to change and do her makeup while Wheein just changed into a simple slimming, short black dress, and did very light makeup.

As the soldier was trying to find her heels, the bathroom door opened revealing the older woman in a loose lavender suit with a simple white crop top. Her black hair was up in a sleek ponytail and her makeup was relatively simple but with sparkling eyeshadow. 

The two locked eyes and Wheein smirked as Yongsun’s eyes trailed down to scan her outfit. Approaching a bit slowly, the blonde grabbed the suit jacket, scanning it, before lightly tugging causing the older woman to bend down and Wheein gave the woman a deep kiss on the lips.

“You look stunning, unnie,” the soldier whispered teasingly and Yongsun was left speechless as the woman walked away and told her to hurry up. 

Leaving the room, Wheein was surprised to already find Hyejin and Byulyi waiting in the living room. Hyejin was wearing a long dress that high

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter