Prologue

Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo wakes up in a typical sterile scented room and immediately realizes that she is in the hospital. Holding her slightly dizzy head, she looks and scans the surrounding. What is happening?

Memories of the accident that just happened immediately approach her, making Ji Hyo gets off of the hospital bed, releases the IV fluid from her hand and runs out. One name crosses her head. Ha Neul. Her heaven, her sky. Kim Ha Neul.

“Seonsaengnim, where is my daughter?” Ji Hyo approaches someone with a white coat. “My daughter?”

The doctor stabilizes Ji Hyo’s shaking body. “Song Ji Hyo-ssi, please calm down. Your daughter is still in the operating room. Let me take you back to your room, you’re still bleeding.”

Ji Hyo shakes her head quickly. “No, Seonsaengnim. I want to see my daughter. Please take me to my daughter. Please.”

Her tears are not stopping, making her vision blurry. She can feel the panic attack that’s approaching. She will never forgive herself if her one and only daughter can’t be saved.

“Song Ji Hyo-ssi, please calm down. Your condition is still unstable too.”

Ji Hyo can feel other people, other than this doctor, holding her. Not only one, but there are a couple of people who force her to just surrender and get back to her room. But no, before Ji Hyo can see her daughter, she will never be calm and just ‘wait’ in her room as the doctor just advised.

“My daughter, please. Please take me to my daughter.” Ji Hyo keeps trying to break loose until she feels something sharp pierces through her arm, and slowly, her consciousness starts disappearing. “Ha Neul-ah…”

 

 

Waking up again in the same room, she immediately pulls herself up and sits. This time, she’s not alone, there’s a man who’s watching her from the sofa at the corner of the room.

“What were you thinking, Ji Hyo-yah?” That voice. The voice that makes her in this situation. “Micheosseo*? Driving the car carelessly that almost costed Ha Neul’s life.”

Ji Hyo doesn’t return his blazing eyes and just bows her head. She can no longer stare at the man that is her husband. Her lawful husband that sadly has been taken away by her best friend.

“Ha Neul-ie. Was the operation successful?” Ji Hyo manages to get her voice out although it sounds more like a whisper.

Even though she doesn’t look at the direction of her husband, she can feel his restlessness.

“Eo, Ha Neul is okay now. She’s sleeping,” Then he stops talking for a second before he continues. “Don’t change the topic, Ji Hyo-yah. Answer me. What were you thinking? Where were you going taking Ha Neul that far late in the night?”

“I didn’t-”

Ji Hyo hasn’t finished answering when there’s another voice interrupting their conversation. “Eonnie? Oh my god, how are you? Sorry I just have the chance to visit you. I just got the message from Jong Kook Oppa.”

Hong Jin Young.

The trot singer who claims to be her best friend. Who seemed to always support her and be by her side. Who had built so many memories with her. Who always got ready and went off with her to award shows before she met Jong Kook. Who always offered her shoulder to be leaned on when she was not strong enough.

“Get out.”

“Eonnie?” Jin Young confusedly asks. “What do you mean? What happened?” Jin Young walks closer and almost touchers her shoulder but Ji Hyo quickly brushes aside.

“Was my statement not clear enough? Both of you, get out.” Ji Hyo lifts her head up and sees confused eyes from both of them. Ji Hyo sighs. “By both of you, I mean Hong Jin Young-ssi and Kim Jong Kook-ssi. Please leave my room. Kamsahamnida*.”

“Jin Young-ah, can you leave us for a minute? I want to talk with my wife.” Jong Kook intercedes.

Jin Young who’s still confused finally nods her head. “Ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter