Morning After

The things we never said
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongkook took awhile to realize where he was. He was supposed to buy coffee and sandwiches but got lost in his own thoughts. He has been replaying everything that happened the night before. He was tired of overthinking and thinking about overthinking. He wondered if Jihyo was awake yet. As for him, he couldn't sleep at all that night. He drifted off too sleep while cuddling with Jihyo. But woke up less than an hour later. He wanted to wake Jihyo up for another round but she was sleeping so soundly, he couldn't shake her awake. So he just stared at her as she sleeps. This made him even more restless. He exercised, cleaned Jihyo's half-finished ramyun and exercised some more. From time to time, checking in on Jihyo who was slightly snoring in her sleep. 

Time seemed to go by so slow. He went for a walk and was bombarded with his own doubts and fears. Maybe it would be easier to just wait it out here until Jihyo goes home. It would be cowardly but it might save his pride for he has half a mind to propose to her when he gets back. They were so perfect for each other, it made him feel embarrassed that it took a drunk Jihyo to make the first move. He knew they'd be good together but last night was so much more than he could ever dream of. He denied his feelings for her all these years because it was too good to be true at the same time it would kill him if it wasn't. He was fighting a losing battle all along. He tried, and even Jihyo encourage him to date and meet other girls. But noone really stuck. There were girls prettier and much younger than Jihyo but his desire for younger ladies was long gone. All this time, the only real reason he dated girls and tried to make them feel special was to prove to himself that Jihyo meant nothing to him, or to make her jealous. He failed on all counts. Jihyo was never the jealous type, at least, she doesn't show it. That's why he always doubted whether or not she really liked him.

But she came to him last night, knowing what might happen. Was it really just because she was drunk?

 

Jihyo woke up to a tingling headache. She didn't drink a lot last night but she sure did drink enough to wake up with a hangover. She looked down at her self and the black colored satin sheets around her.

Damn. . 

Jihyo cursed herself. Jongkook was not around and there was no sound at all around the apartment. She got up to find her clothes. It was neatly folded on the bedside table.

Damn. .

She felt even more embarrassed. She tried to put her clothes on but her jeans was ripped by the waist and would not hold. How am I supposed to sneak home now?

She found a pair of sweatpants from Jongkook's closet and was wondering how best to get out of the apartment when Jongkook suddenly arrived. Surprised, she hurriedly locked herself in the bedroom.

"Jihyo-yah, I got coffee," Jongkook said from the other side. Jihyo kept hitting her head with the heel of her hands, "why does everything seem like a good ide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter