Forever and Always

Finding Each Other
Please log in to read the full chapter

Autumn 2027 | Joohyun

 

5 years with nothing from Seulgi.

 

No calls, no texts, and it frustrated me to no end how Sooyoung knew where she was (and was obviously visiting her since she flew off so often) but still told me nothing.

 

Nonetheless, I had adapted to it. There was a slight ache in my chest when I thought of Seulgi but other than that, I guess all was fine?

 

Was it?

 

I hadn’t dated anyone in years. No one seemed right for me. Maybe it was me? Or was it because someone had given me a taste of what it felt like to be treated right that I refused to be treated any other way?

 

I didn’t know.

 

To be honest, I didn’t even know what it was I truly felt for Seulgi. Was it because I was desparate to reconcile with a friend? Or was I looking for something more? Did she even feel the same way about me that I was feeling about her?

 

Was I waiting for someone who had already moved on?

 

So many questions. No answers.

 

Maybe it was time for me to move on too.

 

 

Autumn 2027 | Seulgi

 

“Hey winter’s coming. Do you wanna head anywhere?” Wendy asked as she whipped up breakfast for the two of us.

 

“Maybe we should head to one of the ski resorts nearby? I’ve been wanting to ski or snowboard for a while now,” I replied, backhugging my wife from behind before planting a kiss on her neck. “Gosh that smells so good.”

 

“I know it does. Now go and sit down, you’re just getting in my way,” Wendy tapped my arms as a signal for me to release her.

 

“But I like being close to you.”

 

“Don’t be a big ba-“

 

Wendy suddenly doubled down against the stove, one hand on her head.

 

“Babe, are you ok?”

 

“Yea it’s just a migraine don’t worry about it,” Wendy groaned, eyes clenched tight. I was getting worried. These migraines were happening more and more often.

 

“It’s been happening more these days. I think we should see a doctor,” I gently chided as I felt her forehead for a fever.

 

“Nah it’s fine I’ve had these before-“

 

Thank god I had my arms around Wendy before she collapsed.

 

“WENDY!”

 

 

“It doesn’t look good Seul,” Dr Matthews sighed as he pulled the CT scan up. “Wendy has a brain tumour.”

 

No. It can’t be.

 

“It’s not exactly cancer because it isn’t spreading throughout her body. The problem is that it is compressing on parts of the brain which has been causing her headaches. Unfortunately, we have discussed radiotherapy but due to the size of the tumour, it wouldn’t even be helpful. If we take it out…she’ll lose most of her brain function and she’ll be considered braindead.”

 

Wendy. We were-no are- we are supposed to spend the rest of our lives together. How could this be?

 

“Seul, you need to be strong for both of you guys,” Dr Matthews squeezed my shoulder. “I know this is hard but there is still time for you two to spend together.”

 

Wendy. Our future. We are supposed to be soulmates. She is my life. How? Why? Why her?

 

“Seul. I’m gonna leave for 10 minutes and I’ll be back ok? I know it’s hard but we really need to discuss everything.”

 

We just got married. She has her whole life ahead of her. She has a such a beautiful soul. She can’t leave me. I can’t live without her.

 

 

“Seul. What’s up?” A cheerful voice greeted me on the other end of the line. I closed my eyes and felt wetness slide down my cheek.

 

I bit my lip, trying not to muffle my sobs.

 

“Seul? Is something wrong?” Sooyoung’s voice changed to one of concern. “Talk to me. I’m here.”

 

“Wendy’s dying,” I choked out, emotions finally getting the better of me. I

Please log in to read the full chapter