Lee Chaeyeon

My Boyfriend is Actually a Woman!? (But I had a hunch from the start so meh.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When a loud alarm sound bounces off between the walls inside a four-cornered space, a sluggish hand appears from under the covers, reaching out to try to stop the piercing noise. The continuous beeping agitates the tired woman so early in the morning. Muttering gibberish words, she continues to drape her hand on the side table while her body, still wrapped by her duvet like a burrito, remained in the same position, thus not even looking at where her hand is going. She begins to tap on random locations, hoping she'll get to locate the button to finally bring a stop to at this point, the almost deafening noise, but alas to no avail for the noise continues to pierce her ears. The woman frowns and immediately opens her half-lidded eyes, surrendering to the fact that she won't be stopping the sound by this lazy approach.  She faces the little side table on the right and pushes the alarm button with a bit more force than usual. The crease on her forehead increases as her blurry vision remains no matter how much she rubs her eyes.

 

A few more minutes of thinking and blankly staring at the ceiling, she suddenly realizes what is happening. Her brain began functioning, and a small O escaped from her lips. She squints her eyes after the realization and reaches for her glasses beside the alarm clock. She yawns before putting her spectacles to see what time it is. The clock reads at 6:45 am. Counting the remaining time on her head. The woman finally drags herself out of her bed, and immediately goes to her pantry to get herself a freshly brewed coffee.


Now sipping on her well-deserved coffee. She flinched when a ring started to occupy her senses again, but this time it was coming from her phone. She lets out a relieved sigh before walking back to her room and grabs her little friend. As she read the notification inside; Her lips began to curve upwards. Both ends almost reaching her ears.


'Good morning~ Have you eaten already? If not. Please don't forget your breakfast. Btw! Goodluck later~.'


The message made her heart thump like a jackhammer, and her smile grew wider on each moment she re-reads the message. Feeling on cloud nine, she feels her whole-body swaying by the wind, like a wandering feather. She started to type in her reply,


'I just had my coffee. Thank you~ also hope you have. Great day today! ♡'


After sending the message, she went back to sipping her coffee, and as if heeding the latter's words about eating breakfast, she makes herself a cinnamon toast to partner with her morning brew. Each bite tasted sweeter than the last as she keeps on playing the words written on her phone, inside her head, as if they were some kind of movie.


"I guess today is a great day~" she sings, looking out the balcony from her dining area.

 

 


Meanwhile...

 


A bob-haired woman walks in cheekily inside Chaeryeong's restaurant. It was 7 in the morning, yet her energy as she entered is sky-high— startling the bleary guests from nearby offices. Tired eyes followed her movements, yet the woman didn't care any less.

 

She skipped towards the manager's office and entered without even knocking or asking permission. She straight-up intruded the room, yet the woman sitting inside didn't seem to care that much. Instead, she gave the bod haired woman a warm, welcoming smile before offering her a seat. The latter takes the offer and slumps herself on the extra swivel chair. She starts playing with it like a child— spinning and rolling across the room, pretending to be a race car driver.

 

Chaeryeong only giggled at the woman's childish antics before returning back to the papers she was reading. Comfortable silence enveloped the two women until a soft knock echoed inside. Chaeryeong gave permission to the person outside, and the bob haired woman only gazes at the door with expectant eyes. "I bet it's Ryujin." The bob haired exclaims before the door flings open, revealing the restaurant's head chef. "Told ya!" She added as she pointed at Chaeryeong, who tried to stifle a laugh.

 

Ryujin sighs at the bob-haired's childish behavior. "Sakura unnie. It's so early. Why are you here?" Ryujin spats, glaring at the woman. Sakura only laughs and reels her swivel chair towards the glaring chef. "Well, as you may know. We got the deal with WIZ, and today is our first shoot with them, and I'm just genuinely happy that I came here." Sakura gave out her brightest smile before pushing the chair back to Chaeryeong's side.

 

Ryujin smiles a bit before faking a cough. She held her straight posture and walked towards Chaeryeong, who had her head dipped down on a bunch of papers. "Here's the change of menu you asked me a month ago." The chef placed the neatly clipped papers she brought down Chaeryeong's table. The younger only nodded before pointing at her side. Ryujin's orbs follow suit, and to her surprise, her gazes are greeted by a small well-decorated velvet box. "sorry if that's the only thing I can give. You know I'm not some rich girl, but I hope auntie would like it." Chaeryeong whispered— almost inaudible, yet Ryujin caught it.

 

A grin crept up the chef's lips before she briskly walked to Chaeryeong and gave the latter a tight hug.

Shock is evident on the younger's face, yet she unconsciously latches herself on the latter, earning a knowing look from the Japanese, seated a few meters from them. "Ah! young love." The Japanese chuckled, making the two younger women detach from each other, both faces sporting a flaming red color. A giggle escapes , earning another piercing glare from the chef. "Woah! Easy there, tiger." She chirps, standing up from her chair. She proceeded to stride towards Ryujin and latch her arms on the latter's shoulder. "How about you make me breakfast." Sakura then peeks behind her and saw a breakfast menu at the beginning of the paper Ryujin brought in earlier. "I can be the critic for your next breakfast menu!" The Japanese woman snickers, making Ryujin give her a displeased look.

 

The younger is about to decline, but Chaeryeong thought of it as a great idea, and Ryujin cannot reason out of it anymore. The young chef sighed before shrugging off Sakura's hold and traipsed towards the kitchen.

 

Sakura gives Chaeryeong a thumbs up before catching up to the young chef. After the Japanese relatch herself again to Ryujin. She whispers something on the latter's ear, making the younger slap her on the arm with tints of roses reaching her ear. Chaeryeong only giggles and returns to her papers as the two disappeared from her office.

 

 

In WIZ Publication...

 

"Yo! Joo, is the team ready for later?" Nako inquired as she skims the files on her table. Since they had to change the studio that will be leading the photoshoot. Nako and Minjoo never had a wink of sleep. Especially, that the two of them only made arrangements overnight; and that the shoot later is a mock check on the studio's capabilities.

 

"yeah! Also, when will we be informing sunbae about the change of studios?" Minjoo answered, with a question as an ending statement. Nako only exhaled— palming her hair back. The shorter woman stops on her work and takes a good look at the assistant editor beside her. "Let's just call her later, once we get to the location." Nako smiled, worry evident in her eyes. As the chief photo editor, the quality of the photos is her top priority. Even after Lights had presented their portfolio, and she became impressed with every shot she had taken a glimpse of, there are still uncertainties hanging by a thread-like; What would their boss feel about the sudden changes? Would it be okay to actually switch to an indie studio than a popular and trusted one?  This kind of doubt was never really pushed aside, but with their current position. She had no other choices. Besides even Minjoo or rather, the whole team agreed on the deal, and honestly, she did try to make her research on the studio, and everyone had the greatest feedbacks, not even once had she heard a client complain. Noting this in her mind, she tried to put a little more trust in Lights.

 

Minjoo, on the other hand, can see Nako

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter