Lights

My Boyfriend is Actually a Woman!? (But I had a hunch from the start so meh.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Hyewon left for Jeju, the editing team was handed to the care of Hyewon's assistant editor— Kim Minju.


Minju has always been a great employee. The young woman had always been dubbed as someone who'll be the next Kang Hyewon— kindhearted, good attitude towards work and co-workers, punctual, meticulous. She is the dream employee, and to top it all; she's one of the most stunning women in all of Wiz Publication. 


Aside from her work attitude, the young woman also produces promising results for every project, and she can easily execute the plans handed out by her boss with exemplary quality, probably why the editing team was left to her care. Even so, with all the skills under her sleeves, no one has ever prepared her for the upcoming unfortunate event.


"Minju-ya! This is an emergency!"


Nako shouted; while staring at her monitor— horror devouring her expression.


Minju suddenly rushed towards the small woman's desk— worried that something bad could have happened.


As soon as Minju got to Nako's cubicle, she immediately asks the latter what the commotion was about, and Nako, with a troubled expression, just pointed at her monitor.


"If this is a prank! I'm going to throw thatTWICE merchs you have over there!"


Minju threatens, yet Nako remained aghast. Minju could have sworn how weird the small woman was; and eventually gave up after not getting any other response from the latter; other than eyes filled with dread and a finger pointing at the monitor of her office computer.


After she took a peek at the monitor, Minju immediately straightens her posture, as she felt the anxiety crawl up her spine, Nako could feel it too, she could feel something wrong because Minju— the great Kim Minju is now mirroring her own expression.


The two looks at each other, communicating through their mind and seeming to agree on it, they ran like mad women towards another co-worker—the new blood in the company— Jang Wonyoung.


After reaching the youngest; the two adults started to drag the poor intern with them towards Nako's office.


"Wonny! Tell us we are just hallucinating, and that Kirin Studios didn't cancel their schedule on us. Tell us!"


Minju desperately pleaded, but even if they tried to ease their mind that maybe the cancellation did not happen, the young intern hammered the last nail on the coffin.


"Ma'am, I know this is not good for the project, but... It seems like they actually canceled it. They even returned the initial payment."


Wonyoung pointed out as she scans the whole email from Kirin.


Minju and Nako almost fainted. How can they not? The ones who recommended Kirin was them after all, and they did assure their boss that the said studio is top of their line. Now, both of them doesn't have any idea on what to do. Aside from Kirin, the other studios they have put their trust on are all fully booked.


"Nako-chan! We're screwed! I can't face Hyewon sunbae like this!"


Minju grimaces while Nako tried to think of ways to patch this mess. After all, they only have two weeks before the team reaches its final stages of editing.


Minju shook her head as she started to picture a disappointed Hyewon and probably a termination letter after. She shivers at the thought, but then, it might not actually be the worst day.


Wonyoung started to tap her fingers at Nako's desk until a loud "Ah" escaped . As if the young one suddenly got a very bright idea that the two seniors in front of her could swear, they saw a light bulb above the young one's head.


Nako and Minju curiously look at Wonyoung, faces full of hope.


As both women's attentions were on Wonyoung, the younger could not contain her giggles but quickly regains her composure upon seeing Nako's frown. She then clears , still feeling the two's gaze on her. After the young woman suggested a solution, the two seniors look at Wonyoung as if she just saved a whole country.

"Nako! I need everyone in the conference room right now."


Minju stated as Nako immediately sent an emergency message to their whole team, only telling them to come to the conference room as soon as possible. After the whole team has settled in, they started to inform everyone about the Kirin problem and the solution they have come up with.


At first, the whole team was skeptical, but it was worth a shot; after all— they don't want their boss to be disappointed after putting so much trust in them.


Minju and Nako wear matching grins after everyone agreed, they could feel that this could work if the whole team trusted them. After the meeting, Minju and Nako instructed Wonyoung to call her contact and probably strike a meeting as soon as possible— and by as soon as possible, it means later in the afternoon.


"I hope this new studio can match with Kirin."


Minju muses low. She's having doubts, but she has no other choices.


"Minju sunbae. My contact said they're up for it."


Minju then beamed a smile at the young woman. 


She then wishes that everything goes well, or else it'll be the end for her.

 

 

+

 

 

"Chae! Can you get off your phone for a minute and help me out here— find a client!"


Sakura says as she scrolls on a website. After the client they had some days ago; their studio hasn't been receiving any offers, and Sakura being the co-manager of the said place is starting to get frustrated; not only with the lack of clients, but also with her best friend — ever since Chaeyeon came back from buying her pet's food, the latter suddenly became inseparable with her mobile device, and it's ticking Sakura off.

Luckily Ahn Yujin— a junior photographer in their studio pitched in a good-looking offer. 


The young lass stated that she had gotten a call from one of Wiz publication's intern— trying to make a deal with their small studio.


As the name Wiz publication echoed in the four-cornered space, the photographers were in, Chaeyeon— for the first time in a while, separated herself from her phone, and stood up from her seat. She approached the young junior photographer and held the latter on both shoulders.


"wait! Wiz publication? As in, THE WIZ PUBLICATION!?"


Chaeyeon muses, shock evident in her face.


Her friend Sakura was the same.


Never once they thought that they could strike a meeting with Wiz publications— A.K.A, the biggest publication company in Korea. 


It has been their dream to get their photos featured in one of the magazines by the said company, and now, that dream might not remain as a dream anymore.


Without hesitation, Sakura and Chaeyeon instructed Yujin to agree to what Wiz Publication wants. This is their chance to impress the said company; so, they better give them a good impression.

 

 

 

+

 

 


"So, How's Jeju?"


Eunbi asks on the phone as she sips her coffee. Usually, at this time of the day, during her days off, she would drag her best friend out for some shopping— and most of the time, for blind dating. But since her friend is not around as of the moment. Eunbi settled in a nearby café, alone— with her little book and laptop.


"Jeju is fine. The weather is nice. And work is going smooth; I might actually finish this after two more days."

The person from the other line replied chirpily.


Eunbi smiled upon hearing such cheery replies. She then giggled at her friend and continued to type on her laptop.


"By the way, unnie. I suddenly need to go. I just reached my destination. I'll call later. Bye~"


Eunbi hummed, and after that, the person from the other line cuts the call. Eunbi then started to sip on her coffee again, eyes still on her laptop monitor.


"Time to pull some strings for this next date."


Eunbi smiled before she started dialing on her phone to call someone.

 

 

 

+

 

 


After Minju and Nako made arrangements with a studio named "LIGHTS"; both women settled to meet at a restaurant just a block away from their office. The two entered the place and were greeted by the waiters. A tall young man whose features could make you think that she's Wonyoung's twin, with how they seem to look alike. His name is Nam Dohyon, the younger cousin of the owner of the restaurant.


The young man beamed, giving them a bright smile, which the two reciprocated.


Soon after, Dohyon guided them towards the elevated floor of the restaurant. Usually, only big gatherings and important events are held in this space, but since the two women are close to the manager/owner of the place. They have their perks.


"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter