Cheesed off.

Second Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Next morning......

 

Sunhee plastered her most-used innocently-sweet smile as she walked her way towards the mansion of Dreamspace. Inwardly, she was dying to go back to the guest house and nap for another few hours. She wasn't someone to wake up early, unless there's any emergency or important event. So, she pretty much despised the idea of having a stupid 'family breakfast' at freaking eight in the morning. 

Apparently, today, was another day where Byun Daesoo had invited her over to have brunch with them. Usually, she just ate at the guesthouse, she had been given the freedom to fill up the grocery counters there as per her needs. She was even provided servant services to keep the place clean, to cook her food and - basically everything a servant could do. 

Back to the present, Sunhee was about to let out a string of inelegant curses, because she had just stumbled into someone, but she somehow managed to clasp shut only after a short yelp. She couldn't be losing her 'Good girl' façade right now or anytime sooner, she wasn't a rookie player to do so.

"I'm sorry! Oh.... Hey, Sunhee!" It was kyungsoo. He blinked his eyes a few times, rubbing his nape almost as if he was nervous, as he waited for the girl to reply.

Sunhee would've been inwardly ecstatic of his reaction if he still was her target, because his cute embarrassment was the sign that she somehow affected him. But this wasn't of any use for her now. So, she didn't put much emphasis on mending her facial features in a more pleasant way. She merely gave him a nonchalant wave. "It's okay!"

"How….How's everything?" The male stood there, unconsciously blocking Sunhee's way, and asked her.

"Yeah, everything's cool!". Sunhee again mustered up a fake grin, whereas inwardly, she was already on the way to get annoyed. Badly.

"You look like you haven't slept well."  The girl was about to brush past him to reach inside the house, but the male spoke up yet again, stopping her in her track. 

She only gave him another forced smile. Was he trying to strike up a conversation with her? Well, she wasn't interested in randomly talking to anyone if that wouldn't beget her some benefits. "Well, I was a bit busy with your brother last night." She really didn't want to mean it in a scandalous way, but somehow her words sounded wrong, making her want to gag her guts out. 

"Oh! T-That's good to hear. Yeah, it's good if you two are doing well. I was worried that Baekhyun would remain stubborn…. you know, after how he reacted that day? But i-it's good that things are getting… uhhh better for you two." Kyungsoo's gaze wavered as he blabbered, the tips of his ears red.

Sunhee was about to awkwardly nod and trudge off from the place, but she was stuck when someone had wrapped their arm around her shoulder, unannounced.  "Did you really have to share our private details with my brother here?" Baekhyun. He had appeared as a sweet fiancé, but Sunhee could practically overhear the clenching sound of his teeth. He looked like he had just returned from a morning run, donning a tracksuit, bangs sticking to his forehead as a proof of his previous perspiration. But overall, he looked annoying in her eyes.

"Ah no, Baekhyun! We were randomly conversing. It just came out!" Kyungsoo interrupted their silent staring contest - more like hidden glaring contest. 

  Sunhee gave kyungsoo an okay smile and waved nonchalantly. "You don't have to explain. Your brother is just shy!" And she didn't forget to leave a purposeful remark for the male who by the way still had his arm rounded around her. It was fun seeing him trying to suppress his irritation that he had for her.

"I am anything but shy, Sunhee. I think last night wasn't enough to prove to you that I'm not shy. Maybe I should visit you again, tonight?" Baekhyun mocked back, and he wasn't going to stop using her real name anymore, was he? How much she wanted to give him a purple eye for the audacity.  

Kyungsoo looked like he didn't want to be a part of the current conversation anymore. He cleared his throat albeit loudly and muttered a soft.  'I am going to the garden', then left the supposedly couple alone. 

The moment kyungsoo was out of their vision, Sunhee pushed herself away from the male's grasp, whereas Baekhyun had also given her a moderate push - making a face as if he was forced to touch something dirty; and in the end, that didn't end well. With a shriek, Sunhee's knees touched the ground not-so-lightly as a result of her lost footing. 

"Are you crazy?" Sunhee hissed after letting out a loud gasp - mostly surprised than feeling pain, already getting up on her feet because such small injuries were a cup of cake for her. But it still didn't allow him to handle her this carelessly. She was aware that it was just an accident due to the wrong timing from both of their parts; but she could still blame it all upon him, and she would, because she was Sunny. She would never accept her fault, she loved herself too much to do so anyway.

Baekhyun looked like he let out a curse as his eyes roamed down to her knees; the knee length dress she had adorned, allowed him to gawk the reddened area of her legs. He opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't. Not because he was speechless, he was just interrupted.

"What happened? I just heard Sunhee's voice, it sounded like she has hurt herself - ohh, oh my god! You have hurt your legs!" Kyungsoo had taken a U-turn after hearing the small commotion, and was now panicking over a small injury after witnessing it. Like really, it wasn't even bleeding. "What do we do? Can you walk? You probably can't! Should we take her to the hospital?" The male lastly asked his brother in a restless way.

To say, the girl was baffled, would be a huge understatement. She wanted to laugh out loud like a mad woman, because this was seriously hilarious for her. She had never seen anyone reacting to such a minor injury like that. Was it because the guy, kyungsoo, was a huge softie? Or was it because rich kids usually grew up with so much care that even such small pains were more than enough to make them this stressed out?

Her string of thoughts broke when Baekhyun spoke up. "She can't go to the hospital like that. Just call in our doctor." So, it was the latter. It would be a lie if Sunhee said that she expected Baekhyun to be different, for some weird reasons, but he also deemed it the same as kyungsoo. 'Tsk, rich losers!' She couldn't help but to mock their stupidity in her mind.

"Where are you going?" Kyungsoo looked like he was going to panic even more as Baekhyun left them alone to enter the house after giving the instruction to his younger brother.

The panicked younger male then turned back to Sunhee, "Okay, forget about him. Hey, I'm going to call our family doctor. He will be here soon. You just have to hold through the pain for a few more minutes. I think you should sit down somewhere, do you think you can walk? Do you uhh need me to carry you? Or should I call Baekhyun back to do so?" Kyungsoo was in front of her now, as he blabbered out his panicked queries, genuine concern visible in his wide round pupils. He was about to fish his handphone out to call the supposed doctor, but stopped in the midst. Because..."Hey! Sunhee! Oh my- please, don't cry! I know it must be hurting so muc- are you laughing or crying? Did you perhaps hurt your head? Oh god, what s-should I do?"  

It was stupid. SO SO STUPID. Sunhee wanted to bury herself under the ground out of shame of her idiotic reaction and her even more idiotic tears. Like, what the actual ? How did she end up shedding tears as well as laughing at the same time - was she really turning nuts now? But one thing she couldn't deny, it was that her insides - mostly inside her chest - it felt strangely warm, the sort of warmth that was so rare in her life that she'd almost forgotten how it felt in the first place.

It was similar to the warmth she remembered first feeling back at the day, years ago.

That day, she was punished by Sister Jung for pouring water into another bully kid's food and the older lady had banned her from getting any food for one whole day. She remembered vividly, how she was crying at the corner of her shared floor bed - she was just ten, and she was hungry. And at that very moment, the new girl Seulgi - whom she was trying to save from the bullies in the first place, because she was too cute to be bullied in Sunhee's eyes - had sneaked i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter