Mouse in the trap.

Second Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun groaned at the endless knocks at his door, slapping his peaceful slumber out of the windows. And as if that wasn't enough, he then heard his door being unlocked - even though he hadn't given anyone any permission to enter yet. In this house, there were only two persons who had the audacity to do this, his mother - Byun Daesoo, and his younger sister - Byun Dani.

"Oppa!" True to his sleepy but spot-on assumption, it was Dani who had been knocking at his door in this early hour of a supposedly disturb-less weekend. 

"Go away, Dani! Let me sleep!" He buried his face under his pillow and hoped that his little sister would be less-annoying for now, and kindly leave his room and him to be.

"Oppa, Mom has an announcement! She wants all the adults downstairs within five minutes."  Dani rendered in a surprisingly serious tone. She uttered the word 'adults' with annoyance since that would mean she wouldn't get to be present there.

And that had forced the sleepy male to sit up straight in a swift movement. It wasn't something new in this house, his mother literally ruled everything in here, and she liked to announce things - literally. So, all the members present in the Dreamspace had to be a part of the announcement physically, no matter whatever they'd be doing. 

Groaning yet again, Baekhyun didn't even bother washing up, because he'd be late if he did so, and rubbed his face twice before scrambling off to their usual announcement spot - the living room. 

"What's the matter?" The groggy male asked the first person he noticed, kyungsoo; and tiredly settled himself on the same couch as his early-bird brother.

The guy seated beside him sipped his coffee and shook his head once, "I have no idea. I was summoned from my study." He clarified. "Ugh, go cuddle with the cushions, not me! My t-shirt is ironed!" Groaning, he pushed his sleepy brother away.

"Who the hell irons their home clothes, Soo?" Baekhyun sent a weird face at the younger male - along with a kick on his shin just to annoy him. He knew Kyungsoo's habits too well, but he never stopped doing things that would bother him - this was their way of living their brotherhood ever since they had met years ago.

"Good morning, sons."  Before the irritated guy could counter attack, Byun Songhyun greeted the pair of young males as soon as he made it to the living area. He had a solemn smile on his face, watching his sons just being themselves after a long time - he mostly would see them in the office, where they would be professional, of course.

Baekhyun and kyungsoo sat up straight and greeted back respectfully, after all, this man was not only their father, he was also their boss at work, the CEO of Byun enterprise. Also, the older male was strict in case of manners and ethics, the only exception to his strictness was his one and only daughter, Dani. 

Followed by the older male, entered his wife with a neutral face, features void of the usual smile. "Good morning, my kids." She started in her usual affectionate tone after she was seated beside her husband. "This announcement is very meaningful for me and for our whole family, because it will contain something life changing." 

Baekhyun couldn't help but to let out a yawn as his mother kept narrating the importance of today's announcement. Though he again sat up straight like a stick, when he noticed his father's judging eyes directed towards his yawning self. 

"So, I'd like to introduce you all to someone. Sweetheart, please come in now!" The older lady called out for someone very sweetly, the neutral look gone from her face, and now she was grinning brightly.

Kyungsoo's face brightened up the same way his mother's did, upon noticing the person who had just entered their living room. "Miss Sunhee?" He murmured with a hint of surprise, as he had no idea why his mother was introducing the 'temporary babysitter of one day' like this. But he didn't mind seeing her again, in fact, he had been inwardly hoping to somehow meet her again.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun's features furrowed in concentration, and soon - within a second - his face turned immensely displeased when he deduced the newcomer's identity in his mind. But before he could conjure up any more thoughts or could react to the discovery, Daesoo had spoken up again. 

Now standing just beside the standing girl, Daesoo held the younger girl by her shoulders. "This is Sunhee. And I'd like to let everyone know that I have chosen her as my daughter-in-law." And she dropped the explosion without any further ado.

Both Baekhyun and kyungsoo stood up from their sitting position with wide eyes. 

Kyungsoo was already contemplating the candidate for Sunhee; and much to his pleasure, he concluded that it was he himself - since Baekhyun already had a girlfriend whom he'd been dating for almost an year now. As far as he knew, his mother didn't have any other son. So that only left him. And for some weird reasons, he felt really glad at the outcome.

"Baekhyun, honey, come here please!" Kyungsoo was about to go near his mother, but he stopped when his elder brother was called instead.

With a blank head and fisted hands, Baekhyun walked towards the direction almost unwillingly. It had been what? Two years? Two and a half maybe, when he had last seen this girl, and he had never thought of seeing her again, that even under such circumstances. And it was boiling his blood pretty violently just by witnessing her give out such an innocent and shy smile, anyone could be deceived by her fake innocence, he himself was the living proof of it. After all, she and him had dated for a couple of months back in the past, and he had almost got conned by her.

"Here I announce Sunhee to be Baekhyun's future bride. From today, she is Baekhyun's fiancée." The older lady firmly stated. 

Silence followed into the place for a good few seconds, it was as if everyone was trying to let the information sink into their heads.

“Mom, what the hell? What are you even talking about?" Baekhyun's first instinct was to protest rebelliously. He took the chance to glare at the girl who had the audacity to smile up at him despite their despicable past. 

"Young man, do not speak to your mother in this way!" His father also stood up, and reminded his son to be respectful. The older man had been silent and calm all along, that only meant that he already knew what was happening here - and he probably had already given his consent for this nonsense of an arrangement.

"But Dad, I don't understand... What is she talking about! How and when did this escalate out of nowhere? Do you guys even know this girl?" Baekhyun spoke back without any fear, his eyes dripping with disbelief and sheer anger. "And moreover, I have a girlfriend." He lastly added an important and heavy point that he almost forgot to include, hoping that it would save him from this. 

"And I don't approve of your relationship with that girl! She is nowhere near fitted to be your wife."  His mother countered back without missing a beat.

"Mom, I am not even thinking about marrying my own girlfriend right now. I am just not ready for something like this in general. Let alone marrying some random girl you pick up from the streets!"   Baekhyun gritted out, trying to compose his hostile tone. 

"Excuse me!" Sunhee finally spoke up, having her ego scratched at the adjectives he had just used for her. 

"No, excuse me from all this bull. I am not marrying you." He pointed a finger at Sunhee, his face sheathing in rage. "Mom, please don't make any rash decisions! You can't just declare someone as my fiancée, someone whom you don't even know properly!"  He then turned to his mother, trying to mask down his angered voice and talk calmly - as calmly as a person could after seeing his only enemy in the whole damn earth, the only person whom he hated deeply.  

Daesoo also had her face turned int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter