One zero zero.

Second Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sunhee huffed as she finally reached at the front of her unwanted destination for today, a majestic looking mansion - Dreamspace. Although it was sort of a dramatic name in her perspective, she couldn't deny that the place did look sort of dreamy, judging by how expensive every part of it would've been. 

She showed her 'permission note' to the guard, which was given to her by the culprit behind this uneventful and forceful arrival - Seulgi - one of the very few people whom she considered as close. The younger girl had a cramped group project which was to be submitted this weekend, and she had used her rare but powerful weapon - aegyo - to melt Sunhee's determination of rejecting her request.  

So, that's how she was here, apparently, going for an awful and boring job like babysitting. 

Currently, the girl had opened widely, as she was escorted inside by an elderly woman; and Sunhee wasn't too unaware to decipher that the older lady in this plain uniform was a servant here. She was awed at the view presented in front of her, the mansion looked even more gigantic than it was appearing from the first view outside, and there were several establishments around the center building, looking equally big and expensive than the supposed mansion. Though she wasn't able to gawk at the whole property and calculate their market value in her head, because soon enough, she was led inside the center building, the main mansion. 

Sunhee could literally sniff the scent of money from every corner of the vicinity, from the interiors to even the smallest painting hanging on the walls screamed dollars, yes dollars, not Korean currency for ing goodness sake. 

"Hey! I think a fly just got into your mouth!" Someone shrieked from somewhere, whom she realized was a young kid, a girl, who was leisurely scrambling off the stairs just behind the nicely organized expensive couches. 

Out of instinct, Sunhee snapped shut, before trying to gag out the supposed fly, only to cease her actions when she heard an obnoxious fit of giggle coming out from the same kid. 

"You're such an idiot!" The kid blatantly told her, not even respecting the fact that she might be a good ten years older than the laughing girl. Well, for a matter of fact, Sunhee wasn't the most respectful human being out there either, but she did expect to get respect. 'Little !' And something about these spoiled rich brats made her irk - always, so she'd definitely not prefer being made a fool by them. 

"Dani, baby! That's enough, stop laughing." A strict but nonetheless motherly voice called out from the other corner, seemingly emerging out from a door situated there. Just by a glance at the older female, Sunhee could tell that she was the owner - most likely the wife of the owner of this whole property. She was just too good at guessing people's status by their aura and looks, after all, this was an important requirement in her line of job. Sunhee wasn't someone to keep tabs on celebrities or any other sort of news, if so, then she was sure she would've seen this woman or the members of this family most often - she could already feel the 'newspaper headline' and 'magazine cover' aura from here.

 The owner - owner's wife - lady came close enough to her, so that they could stand face to face and talk without shouting.  "My daughter is a little too playful. Isn't she so cute?" She casually commented while giving her daughter a loving gaze.

"Yeah, very cute!" Sunhee faked a wide smile and nodded along. 'Cute my foot! She's just a spoiled kid!' She inwardly cringed at her own too sweet tone - which she wouldn't even use on her targets unless dire emergency.   'It's okay, Sunny, calm down! It's just for today. You are doing it for Seulgi!'   "So, umm, is she the baby whom I have to babysit?" She pointed at the kid - a girl around the age of not more than twelve - the very kid who had just made fun of her. Wasn't the girl a bit too old to be held up for babysit? She had never asked Seulgi any details about her jobs if she herself didn't tell her, so she had no idea about the age of the supposed 'baby' in the first place. 

"Yes. She is Dani, my princess. Please, take care of her while I'm gone, I'm sure Seulgi have already explained you your duties. I'll try to be back in the early evening." The older lady, who was definitely dressed up to go somewhere out, probably to attend one of those annoying kitty parties that the rich oldies liked to hold for showing off their husbands' bank balance, requested her sweetly. But Sunhee could almost hear the warning behind her sweet smile, and that was for her to do her job properly. 

"Yeah, I will, don't worry, ma'am."   Sunhee slightly bowed - unwillingly, of course; and ensured the mother of the brat. 

"Thanks. Oh, I almost forgot to ask your name. Seulgi had told me, but I don't remember!" She casually rendered and waited.

"I'm Sunhee."  She hated her name to the core, she would rather prefer her other name Sunny, but her idiot of a friend had already told her that she had used her real name while appointing Sunhee as the temporary babysitter for today.

"Only Sunhee? Nothing before or after?" The older lady blinked, suddenly eyeing her scrutinizingly. It was alright, Sunhee was actually very much habituated to this - people giving her weird looks when they'd find out that she didn't have any surname. But how could an orphan have a surname? Wasn't the fact that she at least had a name, was more than enough? What's the use of a goddamned surname?

Taking a small breath, Sunhee firmly shook her head, her eyes shining with determination, "No, ma'am. Only Sunhee." She confirmed, not even considering explaining a bit. She never did. She didn't need people's pitiful glances and sighs after finding out that her parents didn't seem it necessary to keep her with them, that she didn't even know her mother or father, that she had been brought up into an orphanage. 

"Okay. Then I'm taking my leave. Bye." Despite looking curious, the other female didn't dig for more. Thankfully. And finally left. 

Sunhee again took a breath, gathering all of her patience as she approached the kid who was now sprawled on one of the fluffy looking couches, flipping through the channels of the big- TV. Seulgi had already notified her the list of duties she had to fulfill as this brat's babysitter, so the first thing she had to do was to get the kid to do her homework. "Hey, Dani! Do you know good kids always finish their homework first before watching TV!" She tried to coax the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter