The Arrival of Autumn and Maybe Something More.

Love at First Bite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The Arrival of Autumn and Maybe Something More.

 

 

“I must say, I have outdone myself this time,” Baekhyun announced with pride, staring at Hayoon as she stepped out of her bedroom, all dressed up for Yixing’s company party.

 

Jongin felt his jaws drop, unable to take his eyes away from the girl. She was wearing a two-piece outfit; the high-waisted matte black satin skirt embroidered with navy blue flower details draped beautifully down her waist while the matching black bodice with off-shoulder neckline hugged her body perfectly. There was a teasing gap between the bodice and skirt, showing only a glimpse of Hayoon’s skin, making Jongin internally groan in frustration. Her short hair had been styled into loose waves, giving it volume. The bright red lipstick she wore contrasted with her soft skin tone, adding an air of mature elegance to her usual innocent aura.

 

The image of Hayoon during the Shakespeare themed summer extravaganza was still deeply engraved in Jongin’s mind, but nothing prepared him for what was in front of him now. If summer extravaganza Hayoon held the ephemeral delicacy of a fallen angel, the Hayoon of tonight bore the charm of a teasing temptress.

 

“Damn shortie,” Sehun whistled. “I don’t care whichever celebrity will be there tonight, but you’ll be the centre of attention.”

 

“Please don’t say that.” Hayoon frowned while slipping on her silver heels. “I really don’t want anyone to notice me. At least not more than necessary.”

 

“Sunshine,” Baekhyun interjected. “I will take personal offence if people don’t take notice of you.”

 

Reaching for her face out of habit, Hayoon grunted when she realised that she was not wearing her glasses. She threw Baekhyun a glare, cursing the male for confiscating her glasses yet again for the sake of aesthetics. Before she could say anything in response, the ringing of the doorbell echoed across the room. Picking up her shawl and purse, Hayoon opened the door, revealing a handsomely dressed Yixing. The male had coordinated with Baekhyun and gotten himself a black dress-shirt and suit, tying the look up with a navy bow-tie. Letting his eyes travel down Hayoon’s body, Yixing let out a low whistle.

 

“Damn Hayoon, seeing you all dressed up I almost regret letting you go.”

 

“Zhang Yixing, you better keep your hands off of Sunshine, you hear me?” Baekhyun warned. “And keep other prying hands off of her too. They are only allowed to look at her, nothing else.”

 

“Well then milady,” Yixing mused, holding his arm out for her to hold. “The carriage is awaiting us.”

 

Jongin stared at the two as the door closed behind them, his heart desperately wishing to be the one holding onto Hayoon’s arm right now.

 

・・・

 

Stepping into the hotel where the party was taking place, Hayoon was in awe at how grand the whole event was.

 

“Your company must be filthy rich.”

 

“The entertainment industry pays pretty well I suppose,” Yixing chuckled, leading Hayoon into the main hall.

 

A grand crystal chandelier hang from the high ceiling. A stage was set up at the far end of the room where a newbie group in the company was performing. A waiter passed by with a tray holding flutes of champagne. Yixing smoothly lifted two flutes, handing one over to Hayoon before offering his arm for her to hold again, knowing full well that the girl had not yet fully mastered walking in heels.

 

Squinting her eyes to observe her surroundings, Hayoon tried without much success to see how many faces she could recognise. She soon gave up though as it was an impossible task without her glasses. She was pretty certain however that she had caught a glimpse of Soojung, looking magnificent as always, dazzling everyone with her beauty. However she did not manage to spot the girl again, and thus gave up the thought of approaching her.

 

“Is it just me or people are staring?” Hayoon whispered under her breath.

 

Lowering his lips to Hayoon’s ears, Yixing exhaled softly.

 

“It’s because you look absolutely stunning.”

 

Just then, Hayoon saw a corporate looking male approaching them, ready to engage Yixing in a conversation. Not wanting to be caught up in boring business talk nor attract further attention, Hayoon slipped her hand away from Yixing’s arm. The male gave her a side glance, furrowing his brows in worry, but the girl gave me a reassuring smile and simply pointed towards the hallway, signalling him that she wanted to take a breather.

 

Slipping out of the crowd and into the empty hallway, Hayoon combed her fingers through her hair, approaching a large window and staring out towards the starry skies. Her peace was however soon disturbed by approaching footsteps. Leaning against the window, Hayoon turned her head towards the sound only to see Jaebum dressed in a white suit, holding a flute of champagne in hand.

 

“You look beautiful. More so than the summer extravaganza.”

 

“You don’t look too bad yourself.”

 

Staring at the male, Hayoon gave him a tight smile before turning to face the window again, hoping the male would leave her alone. But luck was not on her side for he decided to initiate a conversation instead.

 

“You’ve been hanging out with Jinyoung.”

 

Hayoon frowned, unsure if she had imagined the discomfort and edge in his tone.

 

“Jackson made it impossible not to.”

 

“He is quite something isn’t he.” Jaebum chuckled. “I swear my head almost exploded the first time I met him. I have no idea how Jinyoung is surviving hanging around him all the time.”

 

Jaebum stared at the girl, an uncomfortable silence weighing down as she appeared unwilling to engage in a conversation with hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter