Chapter 5

Princess and the Pauper

It was finally Tuesday, the first time Minjoo would start working as one of Hitomi’s female Alpha models. Maybe even the only female Alpha model. She had formalized and finalized the contract last Saturday and met the main photographer for her fashion line—that being the Omega’s sister.

 

She was yet to meet the other pillars and the mysterious co-owner Hitomi hinted on, but she was already an acquaintance with Hyewon and the Styling Team—or Chaeyeon and the Demons, as Hyewon would call them—as soon as she stepped on this studio.

 

“Perfection!” Jo Yuri, Hitomi’s main stylist squealed out happily. “You are perfect! P E R F E C T!”

 

“Of course she is! She’s my girlfriend!” Minjoo heard Hitomi resounded haughtily.

 

Minjoo smiled bashfully, bowing her head as she mumbled out her gratitude. She twirled a little in front of the large mirror, enjoying the softness of the fabric on her skin rather than the style (the reflection on the mirror was blurry af without her spectacles). Her Wolf was dormant or decided to stay silent until it is needed.

 

“YURI! Are you done for Jihyo’s sake—“

 

There was a clang, followed by a scream and… drips of blood?!

 

“Nako-chan!” Both Yuri and Hitomi shrieked and immediately helped the hairstylist to steady herself.

 

“This is the most illegal way I tell you!” Nako shouted crazily, staggering as Yuri and Hitomi helped her up. “This the most illegal way for you to make me believe in God again! Your attractiveness is ILLEGAL!”

 

“Thank you?” She wasn’t quite sure what did her ‘illegalness’ had to do with her religious belief but okay. "Nako-chan are you alright?"

 

Her concern was brushed off with another shriek. “No! THANK YOU! You made me believe Goddess aside of Jihyo existed! Aphrodite must have existed!”

 

“Get a grip on yourself and stop leering at my girlfriend!”

 

When Minjoo agreed on letting Hitomi do a makeover upon her, she didn’t expect a hamster forcing her to try on at least half of Hitomi’s winter collection with several styles and made her pose in front of this ridiculously large mirror. She also didn’t expect a TWICE’s Jihyo’s worshipper as her hairstylist, an assistant hairstylist who is a taller version of the said worshipper, and a woman that just wouldn’t stop eating, as her photographer. Granted, Minjoo respected Kang Hyewon, but please stop eating.

 

So far, she can only think that Lee Chaeyeon, the makeup artist of this team, is the only sane person inhabiting this studio.

 

“Um, can you please give me back my spectacles, please?”

 

“No.” The three chorused. Hyewon, the photographer, stopped munching and answered a loud “No” a beat later.

 

“Why???”

 

“It’s hideous,” Yuri told her huffily with a contemptuous snap of her fingers, with the other hand haughtily resting on her waist. She looked into Minjoo’s eyes, giving the Alpha a sneering look as she said this: “Besides! Why hide that damn pretty face underneath that yucky glasses anyway?”

 

“…It’s the only model I can afford.”

 

They all muttered a quiet “oh” and Minjoo turned away in embarrassment.

 

“Well,” Yuri cleared and carefully tucked Minjoo’s glasses back to where it belonged, looking embarrassed. But Yuri wasn’t someone who dwell on her past foolishness and instead changed the topic with a silky, “I think the previous outfit suited the glasses.”

 

Hitomi hummed, nodding as she examined Minjoo’s current outfit and the previous one she deemed too ‘nerdy’ and ‘preppy’ for an Alpha. “The glasses suited the previous outfit; you are right.”

 

Minjoo looked into the mirror. From head to toe, from her hairstyle to her outfit, they were perfect and screamed Alpha except for her rounded and thick spectacles sitting on her nose. She didn’t know how the outfit looked—everything was so blurry! But if Hitomi disapproved, then it might not be the best outfit around for her.

 

“A shame,” Minjoo muttered in disappointment, scrunching her face as she did so. “I like this look.”

 

“Darling, you won’t need this yuckiness when you’re there,” Yuri pointed at the photo-taking spot while patting Minjoo’s shoulder to direct her to the spot, “you only need to focus on the lenses or Hitomi. Your choice.”

 

“But—“

 

“It’s only for your profile,” Hyewon chimed in suddenly, and for the first time since Minjoo walked inside, the photographer set her snacks away. “You can look at whatever but pose accordingly. I’m not usually kind to Hitomi’s models (they usually are es that’s why) but you look kinda nice enough so I’ll help you in any way I can. Sounds good, noob?”

 

Minjoo blinked, then nodded. “Alright…”

 

“Okay.” Hyewon smiled. “Now Nako-chan, please do her hair and where the heck is Chaeyeon and Yujin, again? I swear if those bastards stole my food again—“

 

Hitomi stepped in at the same time as Hyewon rattled away, and squeezed Minjoo’s sagging shoulders. Minjoo turned at her with wide eyes.

 

“I’m not sure if I can do that,” Minjoo confessed in a low, shaky, voice. “I don’t have the experience—“

 

“Don’t worry, Minmin,” at the nickname, Minjoo found herself blushing “If you did bad, you can always learn. I believe in progress and I know you do, too.”

 

Hitomi could see Minjoo was hesitating on whether she should believe or not, but at the end of the day, she had to do it and couldn’t bail.

 

“ it up,” her Wolf whispered; for the first time sounding so encouraging.

 

“…Alright, Tomi.”

 

This time, it was Hitomi’s turn to blush.

 

--

 

The photoshoot turned out godly if Hyewon had to be honest.

 

At first, Minjoo was awkward as heck when Hyewon asked her to become as Submissive as possible (since she was a Low Alpha, she had to create an image where she was nothing more but a weakling).

 

It was maddening, and now Hyewon realized why she never took pictures of beginner models who are yet on their element. Hyewon only received a satisfying shoot only after Hitomi did something that made Minjoo flustered. She wasn’t sure what did her sister do to make Minjoo look like that but she knew Hitomi did something provocative just behind her.

 

The Omega was a definite Top, alright.

 

But then, Hyewon asked her to portray her Alpha-side, not expecting much as she did so. Hitomi refused to help her this time, saying she got nothing to help. She started the shoot with a scowl, expecting nothing as soon as Hitomi declared she wouldn’t be helping.

 

But was instantly blown.

 

Hyewon only needed one shot to get the perfect shot. And several more to satisfy her greed for good photos.

 

When she turned to look at Hitomi, the Omega was wide-eyed and as shocked as she was.

 

And perhaps, a little bit .

 

--

 

“Are we done?” Questioned Minjoo with her eyes wandering everywhere, trying to catch anything that wasn’t blurry. A distinctive feminine chuckle resounded on her ears, which Minjoo recognized as the Taller hairstylist of Chaeyeon and Ddaengz team. What was her name, again? Yeji? Yujin?

 

“Yujin?”

 

“That’s me!” Yujin chuckled, placing Minjoo’s spectacles back to its place. She smiled her dimple smile, looking as adorable as her older sister AKA Nako, the Shorter hairstylist. “You did great!”

 

“Thank you.” Minjoo allowed a bashful smile. “Your sister and your work are great, too. I like how you did my hair.”

 

Out from the corner of her eyes, Minjoo saw Nako and Hitomi approaching. Hitomi looked as haughty as always while Nako was—well, Nako.

 

“Aphrodite!” Nako shouted, grinning ear to ear, brandishing her own set of dimples similar to her younger sister’s. “I tell you, you are amazing! Are you sure this is your first time?”

 

Flustered, Minjoo giggled. “I—yes, it’s my first time posing like this in front of a professional photographer.”

 

“Amazing.” Gasped Yujin with genuine amazement, her eyes continuously looking at Minjoo who retreated to the changing room at Hitomi’s suggestion. The tall hairstylist followed them like a lost puppy, still eager to have a conversation with the newest model.

 

“Are you going home now, Minjoo unnie?” Yujin asked, noticing Minjoo seemed to be in a hurry on discarding the clothes. Which, annoyed Yuri greatly, because she was in charge of wardrobes and she couldn’t afford on letting them got trashed just because.

 

“Yeah. I have to check on my siblings.” Minjoo smiled, finally discarding her last piece of clothing, unaware of the leering coming from her girlfriend and the other room occupants. “It’s a promise between us to catch up every day without fail.”

 

“Amazing.” Again, Yujin was genuinely amazed. Even Yuri looked a bit amazed. “You are a good sister, unnie.”

 

“She is amazing,” Hitomi resounded, smirking a little with her slender fingers linking with Minjoo’s own, as soon as Minjoo finished dressing up. Her eyes were blinking flirtatiously when she hugged Minjoo’s arm. “It’s already so late, Minmin. Do you want a ride home?”

 

A naughty glint appeared on Yujin’s big brown eyes. “A ride as in—“ whatever Yujin wanted to say next, was quickly cut off by a powerful and precise stomp on her foot, right on the vital spot that made Yujin yowl and curl into a ball.

 

The culprit, none other than her sister herself, dusted her hands and with a chilling smile on her face, she asked her curling younger sister: “Do you want to get fired that bad, Yujinnie?”

 

Minjoo, speechless and in state of culture-shock, was helplessly dragged away by her impatient girlfriend to her awaiting car.