Chapter 3

Princess and the Pauper

Just as Hitomi said, the clothes she ordered came through an hour after she ordered them. Minjoo would be lying if she wasn't amazed by the technology and Hitomi's capability of burning money.

 

But hey, at least the arrival of the package made Hitomi get off from her lap. That was so dangerous, by the way.

 

"Weak," her Wolf said, purring as it crossed its arms, giving Minjoo a judging look as it side-glanced her. "You do not need to be all knightly like the Warriors, Minjoo. You're alone with her here, you can just eat her up. I totally would, by the way."

 

Minjoo scrunched up her eyebrows, glaring at her reflection that had a lecherous grin on its face. Her Wolf. "You're speaking like a erted old man," Minjoo commented, turning around to fetch the jacket Hitomi bought for her.

 

Her Wolf sighed dramatically, placing it fingers on its nose as it looked at Minjoo's back with a mocking look. It's one of the rare time her Wolf assumed its form as a human, not a wolf. Of course, now her Wolf was using her reflection to communicate with her, but she had seen her Wolf in its human form several times.

 

She wasn't sure how her Wolf exactly looked nor what gender her Wolf was, but it had silver long hair--like its fur, and wearing white Korean traditional clothing. Its voice was still a growl, though. 

 

"You've hurt me." Then, it cackled. "I've been living on your ancestors' body for hundreds of years, Minjoo. Of course, I'm old, but I'm you now." It pointed at its chest--Minjoo's chest. "See? ies. A girl. For a period of time, of course."

 

"What? You're a erted granny, now?"

 

Her reflection only laughed even louder. So loud it started tearing up. "Granny! How dare," it returned to its neutral face, crossing its arms again as it sported another smirk, "I should have taken over when she was bouncing on your lap earlier. Just to teach you a thing or two about giving Omega an appropriate lesson. And by the way, I like this look."

 

Minjoo rolled her eyes, but her lips hung up as she gave herself a once-over. The outfit Hitomi chose for her was perfect. It was a little bit on the bigger side, but it still fit her body perfectly. It was a little itchy as it was unwashed, but there was no 'storage' scent as Hitomi had rained some nice-smelling mist on their clothes. 

 

Nodding and grinning, Minjoo told her Wolf: "Hitomi has great taste."

 

"She does," her Wolf admitted, biting its lips, eyes elsewhere. "Her Omega and I clicked very much, by the way. She's a feisty one, but I like her." Then it rubbed its hands in anticipation. "Ooh, can't wait until you are mates!"

 

Minjoo blushed, trying to ignore her Wolf's latest statement and focused on her Wolf's rather confusing prior one. "You're speaking as if Hitomi is... like me, having another person inside her mind."

 

"You have an animal inside your mind," it answered, grinning wolfishly. "But no, The Omega is Hitomi and Hitomi is The Omega. If she has another person, then it's just the figment of her imagination."

 

"Wolf, you are a figment of my imagination."

 

"Minjoo," it grinned wider, "I can assure you that I'm not. You can ask your father. was at his grandfather's mind before you. I can give you a solid proof."

 

Minjoo sighed. It was always tiring to argue with her Wolf, mainly because it was nearly impossible to win against it. "Whatever granny."

 

It growled. "The audacity."

 

The door of her bedroom pounded harshly, making Minjoo snap at the door's direction as Hitomi's voice echoed around the room. "Minjoo-sshi! Are you done changing and meditating? Gods, you've spent nearly an hour!"

 

"Coming!" Minjoo resounded panicky, turning to her reflection only to find herself, not her Wolf.

 

Sighing to herself, she checked her outfit for one last time and opened the door.

 

"Let's go?"

 

--

 

Well, the air was cold; that was the first thing Hitomi realized upon them setting their feet outside Minjoo's apartment. She was wearing appropriate clothes for the weather, but Hitomi was never a fan of the cold. Rather than disliked being cold, she hated being cold. 

 

Hate was a strong word, but Hitomi just had to use it.

 

Because she hated it.

 

It was a wonder how Minjoo could survive this weather without any thick coat.

 

"Aren't you cold?" Hitomi questioned while rubbing her gloved hands fervently against each other, trying to create heat that will warm her frozen hands. Not a minute outside and she was getting frostbite. Great.

 

The female Alpha only shook her head slowly; her spectacled eyes were looking back at Hitomi's dark brown eyes with a curious look. "Not really," Minjoo answered, "are you cold?"

 

"It's scorching here! I just want to strip and prance around , and maybe while sipping a cold and refreshing cocktail we can find on beach!" came the fashionista's sarcastic answer, uttered in a huffy tone and with a roll of her eyes. "Yes, Minjoo-sshi; I'm cold and it's very possible that now I'm suffering from hypothermia-"

 

Oh. My. God. If Minjoo knew Hitomi was this unbearable she wouldn't take her in for the night. "I get it I get it, I'm so sorry for asking the obvious."

 

Hitomi glared at her. "Can't we just... go?"

 

"Of course," Minjoo replied, giving Hitomi a small, strained, smile. She took Hitomi's right hand and intertwined their fingers together, knowing body heat is the best like this. "Better, now?"

 

Hiding her flushed face behind her scarf, Hitomi nodded her head, trying her hardest not to squeal like a schoolgirl.

 

They walked silently through the cold streets, with Minjoo occasionally greeting some people that greeted her. They were old and didn't recognize Hitomi, much to both young girls' relief.

 

It was until they reached the station their peace came to an end.

 

At first, Minjoo was adamant on placing Hitomi on the Omega-Only compartment, since the regular compartment was usually dangerous for women, especially Omega. Not to mention Hitomi was young and insanely beautiful that she would easily stand out to predators inside the regular compartment.

 

But, Hitomi disliked the idea of staying away from Minjoo. Boarding on the Omega-Only compartment would mean Minjoo wouldn't be by her side.

 

"This is for your own safety," Minjoo tried to make Hitomi understand. She was being unreasonable.

 

"I don't want to stay away from you," Hitomi pouted, changing tactics. If being a haughty brat didn't work, then, might as well try being a pouty princess. "Please, Minjoo?"

 

"I—" Minjoo sighed, cursing in her mind as her Wolf sneered at her weakness. "Fine, but stay really close to me, alright?"

 

"Really close to you?" Hitomi chuckled. "I don't mind."

 

Minjoo regretted her choices of words because Hitomi refused to let go of her arm even when some people started to notice it was The Honda Hitomi clinging on some random hobo.

 

Only that Minjoo didn't look like some random hobo but a dashing—yet nerdy—young woman.

 

Luckily, both of them managed to board the crowded subway train safely.

 

And it was the start of Hitomi regretting her stubborn decision to stay with Minjoo.

 

Because as soon as she boarded the subway train, she got surrounded by people that look like they were focusing too much on her. She didn't know if Minjoo noticed, but some of them were trying to inch closer to her.

 

Then, she felt it, lightest brush over her thigh.

 

She shifted closer to Minjoo, whining a little.

 

Minjoo swiftly pulled her near the door, away from the crowd and secured her within a safe distance. Minjoo said nothing to her, but Hitomi could tell Minjoo was annoyed. At her or those people, it wasn't clear for Hitomi.

 

For a few minutes, there were no incidents. But again, the peace lasted only for a short time because more people boarded the train as it reached its next stop.

 

It all started with another light brush, this time, over Hitomi's waist. Hitomi chose to ignore it, not wanting Minjoo to snap. But then, the hand became bold, just casually resting itself on her waist.

 

Hitomi whipped around, glaring at her assailant only to be greeted by a lecherous smug grin of a Beta man. He made a face that mocked her, taunting her to do something, and then boldly reached his other hand to Hitomi's waist again—

 

But was stopped by a tight grip around his hand.

 

"What are you doing, Mister?"

 

If the focus was all on Hitomi before, then the focus is now on Minjoo.

 

Minjoo was a tall woman—she easily towered over the man's pathetic height. She glared down at him with dark eyes full of murderous intent, her lips parted to a wolfish snarl, showing him her fangs.

 

The crowd around Hitomi and Minjoo and the man dissipated. They all tried to get away from the angry bitter scent emanating from the female Alpha.

 

When the man's only answer was a weak submissive whimper, Minjoo's snarl turned a grin that grew wider and fiercer. She bared her sharp teeth even more as the man tried to pull his hand back to his sides.

 

"Pathetic weakling," Minjoo's Wolf spat, tightening its grip. "You don't touch what is mine with your dirty hands, you hear me?" the man whimpered, nodding his hand fervently as the hold around his wrist tightened, even more, threatening it to snap. "Now, scram, before I rip you limbs by limbs."

 

The man let out a loud 'eep!' and hastily scurried off as soon as Minjoo released her grip.

 

And as soon as the man moved to another compartment, Minjoo turned to Hitomi, eyeing her with a soft look Hitomi had difficulties believing it was the same person who made a grown man nearly wet himself just earlier.

 

"Are you alright?" Minjoo queried in a soft tone, very much unlike the rough growling she displayed to the man. "Did he touch you?"

 

"Don't worry," Hitomi dodged the question with a soft tone, casually leaning her head to Minjoo's chest. Minjoo, although hesitant at first, responded by wrapping one of her arms around Hitomi, pulling the shorter girl closer to her protective embrace.

 

"You're safe with me," Minjoo swore softly, unaware her declaration triggered something within Hitomi.