Chapter 2

Princess and the Pauper

Minjoo woke up late but today was Saturday and she didn’t have any work or classes and was about to go back to sleep if the sudden delicious smell coming from her kitchen didn’t make her empty stomach growl loudly. She momentarily forgot she brought home a stranger yesterday and scurried off to her kitchen with her baseball bat in hand.

 

When Hitomi came into her view, the metal bat slipped out from her hand and hit the floor with a loud clang that it caught the Omega’s attention.

 

“You’re up,” Hitomi raised an eyebrow as she looked at the Alpha. “How do you even live with these kinds of junks inside your fridge? I had to do grocery shopping very early in the morning to make a decent breakfast!” She chided while tossing the pan aggressively but professionally. She guessed the Omega was making fried rice.

 

“I’m sorry,” Minjoo apologized, feeling embarrassed. “I’m dirt poor…”

 

“You shouldn’t be dirt poor,” Hitomi countered while not taking her gaze away from her cooking. “A waste of your pretty face, you hear me?”

 

This was the first time Minjoo had someone complimented her face with such anger. But she never felt she was that pretty, before. “I’m not pretty,” Minjoo murmured.

 

“Whoever said that to you must have a bland taste of women,” Hitomi spat out and expertly moved the fried rice to two plates fairly. “Consider this as a token of my appreciation. Because of you, I didn’t get any nightmare of that man.”

 

Minjoo’s stomach growled again. It had been a while since she ate decent food. She thanked the Omega profusely before eating her breakfast on the couch. Hitomi joined in shortly, sitting beside her.

 

It didn’t take long for Minjoo to finish the meal, Hitomi followed soon after but with more elegance.

 

“Are you being honest when you said you are dirt poor…” Hitomi trailed off uncertainly. “What’s your name, again?”

 

“Ah, my name is Minjoo. Kim Minjoo.”

 

“And I am Honda Hitomi, as you may know,” the Omega smiled. “So, are you being honest? Because this is quite a nice apartment.”

 

“It wasn’t when I first came in,” Minjoo said. “This building is my uncles’. I rented it cheap but I got to bring my furniture and redecorate.”

 

Hitomi had to admit, it was quite a sad apartment. It lacked furniture, for the most part, and no decorations. But Minjoo seemed to have a knack on arranging things so it looked decent.

 

“…Really.”

 

Really.

 

“Anyway,” Hitomi cleared , placing the empty plates elegantly on the coffee table. “I am indebted to you (you saved me from a !) and if there is anything you wanted to, you can just ask me. Heck, I can even be your sugar mommy if you want to,” Hitomi looked at her nails before trailing off, “with that kind of face and body, I don’t mind.”

 

“You must be joking,” Minjoo laughed nervously, pushing her frame again. “And you making breakfast is more than enough, thank you.”

 

“No. Thank you. If you weren’t there I would be , then killed, and he would my corpse,” She rattled on huffily. “You saved my honor, Minjoo-sshi, and my future. If I had to be your sugar mommy to repay your kindness I will gladly do it.”

 

“Not that extreme!” Minjoo squeaked while waving her arms wildly. Hitomi was attractive, but no. And—honestly?! What happened to the damsel in distress she met last night?

 

This Hitomi was… dangerous.

 

“Well… I do have a favor to ask but promise me… don’t laugh?”

 

“It depends on whatever silly situation you are in,” Hitomi silkily replied, crossing her legs. “Get on with it.”

 

“… Can you be my fake girlfriend until October?”

 

“Why don’t we just date?” Hitomi suggested readily. “To be honest, Minjoo-sshi, I found you attractive and I don’t mind dating a Low Alpha. I truly don’t mind dating a knightly Alpha like you.”

 

“…I don’t want you to date me because I saved you,” Minjoo protested meekly. “I admire you, Hitomi-sshi, but I don’t like you that way.”

 

“Of course,” Hitomi sighed as if she understood. She didn’t. “But why that long?”

 

“It’s quite a story,” Minjoo deflated. “Long story short, on October 29th I have to go to this school reunion with a bonded Omega on my side, just to convince my ex I’m an Alpha, not an Omega.”

 

Bonded? But yet, you asked me to be your fake girlfriend?” Hitomi snorted. “You are dumb.”

 

“Because I don’t want you to accept me as your girlfriend just because you are indebted!” Minjoo roared. “It’s not right and I don’t want to take advantage of you!”

 

“Then how about this,” Hitomi started diplomatically. “Let’s not call it fake girlfriend contract but rather business contract. If you insisted on saying that we are fake fake fake and fake, people can feel it. We’ll be both girlfriends and business partners. This way, I’m doing you a favor by not doing you a favor because I also benefited. Sounds good?”

 

“…Maybe?” Oh, Minjoo doubted it, alright.

 

“I will lay down several rules. One, because you are my girlfriend from this point on you have to satisfy my needs as an Omega.”

 

“What!” Minjoo cried out. “Hitomi-sshi, please consider this. I am not experienced! I – I am a Low!”

 

“Well, fortunately, skills in bed can be honed with little practice,” she dismissed. “I can always teach you a thing or two. But just stay loyal to me or else.”
 

“I –“ Minjoo relented. “Fine.

 

“Two, you are going to let me do a makeover on you.”

 

“That’s –“ Minjoo nodded. “Fair…”

 

“No, I don’t mean your face. I mean your style. I have a reputation to uphold and you are a very handsome woman, just lacking in the fashion department.”

 

“Hitomi-sshi, I don’t have any money,” She weakly reinstated, reminding the Omega of her situation.

 

“Three,” Hitomi interjected. “You are going to work as one of my models. Don’t worry, you just need to come at least twice a week and you will be paid handsomely,” She huffed. “My female Alpha clothing line is selling well, but I don’t have models with decent characters. My Beta stylists and photographers are the ones that paid the bill!”

 

“I understand,” Minjoo smiled. “I don’t mind working with Betas and Omegas. Usually, it’s them who…” Minjoo looked away uncomfortably.

 

I understand,” the Omega gently intoned, “You are hired, Minjoo-sshi. Not because you’re my girlfriend or because you are my savior, but because I like your character. Your looks are pluses too, I suppose.”

 

Minjoo was touched. Hitomi was arrogant and too straightforward to her liking, but she was earnest. “Thank you.”

 

“And four,” She smirked this time and it made Minjoo feel worried. “Let me pamper you.”

 

“Oh hell no.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“I’ve said it!”

 

“Look,” Hitomi huffed. “My family members are well-off and I have enough money to last until I am hundreds. I need to burn my money as legal as possible.”

 

“Do charities!” She yelled in disbelief. “Give your employees higher pay!”

 

“Oh believe me their paychecks for a week can feed you for months. Charities? Been there done that; only made me richer like damn,” a whistle, “ridiculous giveaways? Same effect as charities.”

 

“Adopt animals?”

 

“Lady,” She huffed tiredly, again. “I think I have hundreds of them under my name. So no. Why don’t you let me pamper you?”

 

“Because I’m the Alpha, I should be the one who pampers you!” Minjoo argued. “I’m the one who should treat you like a Queen!”

 

“And I have to treat you like a King,” Hitomi countered tersely. “Just let me pamper you until October 29th.”

 

“…It’s a deal, then.”

 

“Of course,” Hitomi purred. “I don’t suppose you can accompany me to my studio? I’ll need to introduce you to my stylist and photographers.”

 

“But what about your clothes?”

 

“Oh,” Hitomi looked down. “Can I keep this?”

 

What?”

 

Hitomi whipped out her phone and opened a shopping app. She was silent for a few minutes before she placed her phone back to the table. “I have ordered proper clothes for us. They will arrive in an hour.”

 

Minjoo tried to get rid of the ugly feeling of inferiority by changing the subject. “Still, I can’t accompany you to your work!”

 

The fashionista huffed, suddenly scooting closer to Minjoo. The Alpha immediately scooted away until she was pressed against the armrest. Hitomi glared at her and suddenly jumped to her lap, straddling Minjoo.

 

Minjoo screamed, but a narrowing of Hitomi’s eyes was quick to shut her up.

 

“We can always walk, genius. I don’t mind public transportation.”

 

“Fine,” Minjoo relented with a defeated sigh, wondering how did she become lucky and unlucky at the same time. She sagged against her creaking couch, closing her eyes as her fingers rubbing her temples in a circular motion as if to ease an upcoming headache. She was not ready being pushed under the public’s scrutiny with Hitomi—The Honda Hitomi clinging to her arms. “And can you please sit properly there? I can’t feel my legs.”

 

Hitomi squinted her eyes, adamant on staying to sit on Minjoo’s lap. She cupped Minjoo’s cheeks, forcing the frowning Alpha to look at her. “Don’t be too dramatic,” she smirked, deliberately making her tone as sensual as possible. “I haven’t even done anything.”