Chapter 13

Princess and the Pauper

The two Kims immediately got off each other, eyes widening at Hitomi who had Minjoo’s baseball bat on her hand. She looked furious and her usually calming and sweet scent turned to an unpleasant smell of burnt flesh.

 

Her dark chocolate eyes also turned light blue, almost white as her jealous, possessive side of her Omega kicked in.

 

The Alphas collectively gulped, dropping on their knees in an instant.

 

Even Minjoo’s Wolf was whimpering when it told Minjoo to just appear that she was really sorry.

 

“It’s tolerable when you were passionately catching up, earlier, and decided to ignore my whole being,” Hitomi growled, her voice uncharacteristically cold and low. “But when I left because you,” she pointed her bat to Chaewon, who squawked, “going all Hulk-y, I expected serious to go on! Not you making-out with my girlfriend! I expected blood! Bruises! Heck, even broken bones! Not… not this!

 

Both Alphas flinched when Hitomi swung down the metal bat to the innocent couch after a cry full of rage.

 

It didn’t stop there.

 

Hitomi continued to rant as she paced around the room and whenever she stopped, it was near the couch, on the spot where both Kims were previously sitting.

 

And swung her bat down several times.

 

Chaewon shuddered, thinking that if the couch was herself, then she should kiss her dream of having a lovely mate a goodbye. No lovely Omega wanted an impotent Alpha scarred by another lovely Omega!

 

Meanwhile, Minjoo silently lamented the damage Hitomi had caused her old battered couch and briefly looked up to the heavens, mouthing a mournful ‘why?’.

 

Her dramatic reaction piqued the interest of the Alpha beside her. Chaewon was now aware that Minjoo was silently mourning for her couch, and offered a look of sentiment, reaching her hand to Minjoo’s shoulder, rubbing the sagging shoulder affectionately with a low whisper of, “Everything is gonna be okay.”

 

Which, Minjoo sincerely doubted.

 

When Chaewon finally realized, she tried to retract her hand before Hitomi noticed where her hand was, but it was too late.

 

Because Hitomi immediately stopped her pacing and looked at both of Kims with a renewed murderous aura.

 

Blue eyes narrowed to slits, Hitomi made her way to the shaking Alphas.

 

With every step Hitomi took, it felt like their energy was being drained.

 

Whoever said an angry Alpha was scarier than an angry Omega needed to get their facts checked.

 

She stopped only half a meter from the kneeling Duo, steely cold blue eyes glaring down at them. On her hand was the fearsome metal bat.

 

Surely, one more incorrect action or word, the Omega wouldn’t hesitate to break a bone or two.

 

Even a strong Alpha was no match for a well-timed swing of a high-quality metal bat.

 

Hitomi twirled the bat on her hand. Looking very confident, experienced, and murderous. “You better choose your next words carefully, Kims, or I’ll give a kiss you so desired with this bat.”

 

That gave Minjoo an idea. A crazy idea that will either lead to her destruction or glory.

 

She quickly pushed herself from the floor and captured the Omega’s lips in a sizzling kiss. Her hands quickly secured around the Omega’s waist, pulling her closer as it soon became a full-blown make-out session as soon as Hitomi moaned to the kiss and reciprocated just as fiercely, the metal dropped with a clang as she circled her arms around Minjoo's neck.

 

Chaewon had her jaw hung open, shocked, but it was short-lived as she pulled out her phone and began recording with a erted grin on her face.

 

--

 

Both Chaewon and Minjoo survived, somehow, thanks to the distraction tactic that proved effective only because it was Minjoo and Hitomi certainly would never be minded being jumped by her object of desire, as sickening as it sounded.

 

Dom Minjoo was hot. Scorchingly so.

 

And that was enough to stop Hitomi’s anger.

 

She ain’t even mad even after realizing it was merely a distraction tactic! On the contrary, it made Hitomi happy that Minjoo, as submissive as she looked, was still capable of doing her move.

 

Granted, the Alpha shut down after Hitomi—having a more experienced tongue—began dominating the game, but at least Minjoo was the one initiating thing.

 

Heck, she d her !

 

Achievement unlocked.

 

“I’m not mad.”

 

“After Minjoo eating your lips like that? I would be surprised if it’s the contrary,” Chaewon fired back, cackling madly as she dodged Hitomi’s upcoming punch. “Now, you never told me how you and Minjoo met!”

 

“It’s nothing exciting,” Hitomi bashfully said, running her fingers along Minjoo’s sharp jawline. The unconscious woman only laid still. “She saved me from an unwanted company and us... just… clicked?”

 

Clicked? Hitomi didn’t realize the dangerous spread upon Chaewon’s lips. The older Alpha coughed a little to suppress her grin and teasing tone to continue onward with her interrogation- er, questioning. “And that was…?”

 

“Just last year.” She answered in a clipped tone, shivering at the memory. It wasn’t a lie, though. It was last year. Well, technically speaking. “We started dating in December, though.”

 

“Yet you already have each other’s scent imprinted… Huh…” Chaewon trailed off, rubbing her chin in a thoughtful manner as she slowly drifted to her own thoughts. December was only a month ago.

 

“Did you say something, unnie?”

 

“Nothing. Well, Hitoma, you should never let Minjoo go. And no, I’m not saying this as your best friend or her beloved cousin, no. I’m saying this as an Alpha who has yet to find her mate.” She shook her head, then continued in a low voice. “At this point I’m not even surprised if I don’t have an Omega as my mate.”

 

“Unnie did you say something?” Hitomi raised an eyebrow. Chaewon was rambling under her breath.

 

“Nothing,” Chaewon answered her, her smile mystifying. “Just don’t let her go.”

 

--

 

Chaewon left a little before noon, right after Minjoo regained her consciousness because she smelled something burning in the air.

 

Because Chaewon tried to make herself a toast, only for it to burn because she forgot she was cooking.

 

Minjoo was fully awake when Hitomi was in the middle of yelling Chaewon’s ears off because she ruined Minjoo’s cooking utensils.

 

Luckily, before Chaewon’s ears could fall off for real, Minjoo “tamed” the Omega with a surprise peck on her lips. When that didn't really work, Minjoo pulled her to her chest, securing her smaller frame to her embrace.

 

“It’s okay,” Minjoo said soothingly, nuzzling her nose to Hitomi’s neck. “I can always ask her to buy a better set.”

 

“Hey hey now I certainly didn’t agree on anything-”

 

Hitomi immediately side-glanced her, the laser of cold eyes instantly silenced Chaewon’s upcoming protest. “You’d better,” Hitomi muttered under her breath, but it was loud and clear.

 

“Yes of course!” Chaewon saluted, shaking. She looked at her wristwatch, gasping when she realized what time it was. “I’d better get going! I’m late for my date! I’ll send you the whole cooking set tomorrow, Ciao!”

 

Hitomi lunged to stop the older Alpha from running away, but the arms around her waist prevented her from moving from Minjoo’s embrace. Not that she minded.

 

“Hey,” Minjoo’s voice was soft to her ear, making her skin shiver pleasantly. “Let’s just prepare for the check-ups, alright?”

 

Hitomi nodded as she turned around, cupping and pecking Minjoo’s jaw with a smile. “Alright,” she responded and removed her arms to prepare.

 

Minjoo watched Hitomi re-applying her makeup with a fond smile. Then, after realizing she was staring at her, she quickly dismissed herself by going to her bedroom, taking out the padded jackets needed for the outside’s cold air.

 

She didn’t actually need the padded jacket but Hitomi insisted that they should dress like a couple and who was Minjoo to refuse her? Hitomi had done so much for her.

 

“Let’s go,” Minjoo said, already wearing her jacket carelessly. Hitomi’s jacket was on her arm.

 

“Alright,” Hitomi responded while putting her makeup equipment back inside her bag until she saw Minjoo’s bare face. Her nose crinkled in distaste. “Oh no, don’t tell me you’re not wearing anything?”

 

Minjoo looked unsure. “Only BB cream?”

 

“WRONG ANSWER!” Hitomi screeched, scaring Minjoo to her wit's end. She forcefully pulled Minjoo toward the couch, and boy, Hitomi was strong.

 

After a firm request to stay still, Hitomi began working up with her face for several minutes until Hitomi said it’s finished.

 

“You can see yourself now.”

 

So Minjoo opened her eyes, thinking of what could have been so different?

 

It was a light makeup, but Minjoo could see her own beauty stand out more with a simple touch on her eyes, lips, and cheeks.

 

While it wasn’t a new sight, Minjoo now knew the difference between people who do their makeup daily and her, who never hold a mascara before.

 

“Do you like it?” Hitomi nervously asked, fiddling her fingers.

 

Minjoo nodded her head vigorously, smiling like a child as she pressed her lips carefully to Hitomi’s temple. “You kidding? I love it.” And that was the truth. Minjoo liked the natural look Hitomi chose for her, knowing that the Alpha wasn’t someone who liked standing out, unlike a certain Alpha.

 

The smile that crept up to Hitomi’s lips was bashful as well as proud.