Chapter 12

Princess and the Pauper

Minjoo’s face was red in an instant.

 

“You’re awake!” Hitomi exclaimed, a bit embarrassed at the hungry look on Minjoo’s eyes. She was excited to have Minjoo slowly dropped her awkwardness around her and embraced her Alpha-side, but wild Alpha Minjoo was dangerous.

 

Actually, Hitomi wanted that danger but it was still too early in the morning.

 

Maybe later in the evening.

 

“Do you mind if you leave the room? I - I want to change.”

 

“We can’t stay?” Minjoo’s Wolf muttered before it could stop itself. Minjoo shushed it with a dangerous hiss. “Shut up, ert.”

 

“O-Oh yeah, sure!” Minjoo hastily scrambled to her feet, practically running off to the living room.

 

As soon as she made sure the door was locked, she quickly shed her towel and scampered off to the box at the corner of the room. It contained none other than her clothes, old and new, and Minjoo’s new clothes, delivered by her PA.

 

She quickly dressed before stuffing the contents inside Minjoo’s nearly empty wardrobe, organizing them neatly before leaving the room to finish preparing their breakfast.

 

To her pleasant surprise, she was greeted by Minjoo who was once again exercising in order to distract herself from thinking inappropriately. She was so focused on exercising that she was oblivious of Hitomi who nearly fainted at her iness.

 

Dat .

 

Fortunately, Hitomi managed to get a grip of herself and cleared loudly, instantly catching Minjoo’s attention. “You can shower now,” Hitomi coolly said, giving of an indifferent vibe.

 

Her reddening ears told another story, though. But with the lack of glasses on the Alpha’s nose, she doubted she could see her.

 

“Oh, and there are some new clothes. Style yourself according to the catalog,” Hitomi glared at her, “or else.”

 

Strange Minjoo could see her glare, because Minjoo squeaked and saluted before dashing off to her bathroom, slamming the doors in the process.

 

Hitomi rolled her eyes with a fond smile on her lips before whipping out her phone to call a very familiar number.

 

“Hello, Eunbi-unnie? Yeah, it’s me. I would like to schedule an appointment under the name of Kim Minjoo. Yeah, all of them. Uh-huh. Sure. Okay, perfect. We’ll see you after lunch, thank you unnie.”

 

--

 

“We have around five hours before we go. Do you want to go somewhere?”

 

Minjoo raised both of her eyebrows, pausing her meal as she racked her brain to think about her schedule for today. “Aside from the gigs you canceled, I don’t have anything to do today. It’s up to you.”

 

“I was hoping we can laze around here,” Hitomi said haltingly, fiddling with her fingers as she said so. “But,” Hitomi’s cheeks were pink, “I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

 

“Ah.” Minjoo nodded. Her Wolf chuckled. “I understand that.”

 

Hitomi nodded, mumbling her thanks as she moved to clear the dishes away after ripping the empty plate from Minjoo’s hands. Minjoo protested, but Hitomi shut her down with a glare.

 

Minjoo could only watch as Hitomi washed the dirty plates, pouting like a petulant child. She was capable of doing her chores herself! Despite her clumsy streaks, she had not shattered a single plate for 20 years!

 

Then, her doorbell rang violently, accompanied by the savage banging of her front door.

 

The Alpha and the Omega looked at each other, confused.

 

Were they that loud last night? They doubted so; they didn’t even have any real action!

 

Minjoo pushed herself off the couch, walking over to the front door, and opened it.

 

As soon as the door cracked open, a fist found its way to her jaw, sending her flying back.

 

“HITOMA!” The culprit screamed, pushing the half-unconscious Alpha away from her track. “WHERE ARE YOU?!”

 

Hitomi peered over from the kitchen area, raising an eyebrow incredulously at the intruder, who was dressed like she was at a fashion show.

 

“Chaewon unnie?”

 

‘Chaewon’ as she called her, gasped, before dashing to her and enveloped the smaller girl in a tight embrace and began coddling her. “Are you hurt? Did she hurt you?”

 

“No!”

 

“She didn’t take any advantage of you, right?!”

 

“Of course not! The opposite, actually.

 

Finally regaining her full conscience, Minjoo walked over to the intruder, growling while she nursed her sore jaw. Her eyes were bright red.

 

You,” the Wolf growled, pissed. “Who are you?!

 

Chaewon turned around, equally pissed. She glared at Minjoo from the back of her sunglasses. Challenging and strong minty scent flared out, the cold tone clashing with Minjoo's warm scent. “And who are you, missy?! You just took my baby Omega away from me! Trap her in this,” she moved her hand frivolously, finding it difficult to utter her next word, “dump! Yes, that’s right! A dumpster!” She added, crazy-eyed.

 

Minjoo's Wolf snarled. “My den is not a dumpster.” Minjoo ground her teeth, feeling insulted even when the insult was arguably pathetic. “Hitomi went here by her own free will.”

 

“She’s right, you know,” Hitomi told Chaewon, her grip on Chaewon’s shoulder was firm as to prevent Chaewon from clawing Minjoo's beautiful face with her perfectly manicured nails. “Unnie, this is Minjoo, my newest, current, girlfriend.”

 

“Minjoo?” Chaewon gasped, whipping her head back to the growling Alpha. She pulled her sunglasses down, eyeing Minjoo with her large eyes that reminded Minjoo of a cheetah. “As in Kim Minjoo? Pepe the Frog Minjoo?!”

 

Who is this woman?” Her Wolf questioned Minjoo’s real self in her mind. Minjoo’s eyebrows creased into a deep frown before realization dawned on her at the faintest scent of tea hanging in the air.

 

Mint and tea?! It must be her!

 

In an instant, the bright red eyes turned into brown, the snarl turned into happy laughter.

 

“Radish unnie?!”

 

Chaewon opened her arms. “Froggy!”

 

Hitomi made a face when the two girls embraced like a gross pair of overreacting aunties.

 

Um, what the ?

 

“You’ve grown up well,” Chaewon sobbed, patting Minjoo’s cheeks before squeezing them together. “Taller, beautifully! Overall gorgeouser!”

 

Minjoo nodded happily. “How have you been, unnie?” Minjoo didn’t seem to mind when the older woman began showering her cheeks and neck with sloppy, affectionate, pecks. Her eyes were a pair of crescent moons. “The last time I saw you was… ten years ago.”

 

Chaewon nodded, tearing herself away from Minjoo to smack her on the head. “Don’t dwell on the past! Now spill the tea, both of you! How did you two meet?”

 

“Wait wait wait,” Hitomi held up her hand, shutting up Chaewon’s rambling. She moved to separate Chaewon and Minjoo even further as she stepped between them, locking back and fort between Chaewon and Minjoo with an incredulous expression. “You guys—you guys know each other?!”

 

“Why yes, we do!” Chaewon chimed in, enthusiastic, gently pushing Hitomi away to pat the tall Alpha on the back. “Hitoma, this is my cousin Kim Minjoo.” She turned to Minjoo. “And Minjoo, this is Hitomi, my business partner, co-owner of Coloris.” The glint on her eyes turned mischievous.

 

“And apparently, your mysterious girlfriend you have yet to introduce me?”

 

--

 

Minjoo set down three mugs down the table, smiling in response to Chaewon’s happy “thanks!” and sat down on the small living room chair across the couch, where Hitomi and Chaewon were sitting.

 

Kim Chaewon was her first cousin. The supposed future head of their clan if she didn’t run away shortly before Minjoo’s tenth birthday.

 

She was an Alpha like Minjoo was, the only Alpha of the current fifth-generation aside from Minjoo.

 

“This is madness,” Hitomi muttered, clutching her head as Chaewon finished telling her tale. “It’s a small world I agree, but to have both of you are actually families—”

 

“It’s Fate,” Chaewon nodded her head sagely, crossing her feet. “Heavens knows there is no way for you to escape being one of my family so they brought you Minjoo to unite Honda and Kim together!" Chaewon turned to Minjoo. "Now, Minjoo, why are you living in a dumpster like this? I thought you got a lot of scholarships? Why aren’t you at the dorm?”

 

Hitomi was surprised. “You do?”

 

“I do,” Minjoo nodded, sheepish. “But well, you know I have to take Suppressant everyday…”

 

Hitomi nodded slowly as Chaewon gasped.

 

“I never knew.” Chaewon raised an eyebrow up, her eyes were full of concern as she leaned forward, her elbows on her thighs. “Why would you kill yourself like that?”

 

The younger Alpha eyed her, flabbergasted. “I - I thought Alpha take it every day? A-At least that’s what the Clan leader—your father, said.”

 

Chaewon pushed herself off the couch harshly, looking incredibly furious. Her action surprised both Hitomi and Minjoo. “Of course not!” She yelled, her eyes flashing dark red. She gnashed her teeth, long and sharp canines peeking out menacingly as she pointed her finger to the younger Alpha. “You’ll lose your Alpha traits that way! What the ! Does that good-for-nothing old man wanted you to die?”

 

“Unnie,” Minjoo was quick to stand up herself, but she met Chaewon’s furious gaze with a soft gaze. Her Wolf told her to compose her bubbling anger, so she ignored the heat and the crawling feeling on the back of her mind to respond aggressively. “He is still your father.”

 

Chaewon snarled, her heels to pace around the small living room. She was unaware that her anger fueled her scent to flare wildly about, affecting Hitomi who quickly fled to Minjoo’s bedroom, whimpering. “He doesn’t have the right to call me his daughter,” she said. “He lost it the moment he wanted me to mate you when you are still a kid.”

 

“H-Hold on—But I’m—”

 

“Strange, isn’t it?” Chaewon grinned wolfishly, pushing Minjoo to the couch. The older Alpha climbed to her lap, straddling the still confused younger woman and caressed her cheek tenderly. "Why indeed he needed me to mate you, my first cousin, who happened to be an Alpha?”

 

Minjoo shook her head, finding the idea unbelievable and too strange for her to grasp it. She shivered as the older Kim's breath fanned her face.

 

Chaewon huffed. She pinched Minjoo’s cheeks until she screamed and tried to push her off.

 

“Idiot,” Chaewon sighed with a roll of her eyes. “With us mating before you showed any Differentiation, you’ll automatically be bonded to me and eventually,” she leaned in, whispering seductively to Minjoo’s ears, “you will have to bear my pups on the next year.

 

“That is true,” her Wolf muttered. “But not quite. Not for you.” Before Minjoo could ask any question, her Wolf already disappeared again, leaving her alone again.

 

Minjoo opened as Chaewon pulled back, smirking. The younger Alpha wanted to ask a question but an angry scream coming from her bedroom stopped her.


“I left for not even 5 minutes, not even 5 minutes! And both of you are going -y?!”