Chapter 3: Chocolate Or Me?

Chocolate Brownies

Sihyeon’s POV

About 30 minutes passed and at least I wasn’t in so much pain anymore. Perhaps I should risk going out now so that I could satisfy at least one of my cravings. It was only 4:30 pm after all, and I remember the members all saying they would only be coming back after dinner. That means I couldn’t ask any of them for a favor to help me buy some chocolate either. Either I get it myself or not have it at all…

As I was trying to make this very important life decision, the front door suddenly opened. I jumped up in shock because I wasn’t expecting anyone to be back at this time. Just who could it be? Did one of the members forget something and came back to get it? 

“Sihyeon unnie! I bought you something! I’ll leave it on the table. Have it when you feel like it ok?” 

I froze when I heard that voice and saw that figure standing right before my eyes. It was Aisha, the person I was longing to see the most smiling right at me. I was too stunned to say anything, so I muttered a soft thanks and smiled slightly back at her. 

“Unnie….I wwwant…” stuttered Aisha who averted her gaze away from me. Wait what is this? Am is imagining things or is Aisha getting shy around me? I didn’t want to make any assumptions, so I just looked back at her curiously, waiting for her to compose herself.

“I want some sleep! I didn’t sleep well last night, so I’m going to take a nap. If you need me for anything, I’ll be in my room!” said Aisha frantically. Then before I knew it, Aisha had dashed into her room. Boy, she must be really tired. I wanted to ask her to accompany me here so that I could lie comfortably in her arms and ask her about her day and laugh with her…but I lost my chance right there.

Dang, what is this feeling? Ever since Aisha came back, my heart has been throbbing violently, and I’ve been feeling so dizzy. It wasn’t exactly unpleasant; but it was just a feeling I wasn’t used to. Aisha did say I could go and find her if I needed her…but would that be taking advantage of her kindness? What if she wasn’t feeling too well and needed to rest? Really though, why is today just me making one decision after another? I sighed and held onto my stomach as it started to ache again. Feeling helpless, I sat back down and contemplated my life choices once more.

 

Aisha’s POV

Ahhhh!! Heo Yoorim you idiot! I rolled around my bed in frustration. How did it end up this way? Why was it so hard just to tell Sihyeon I wanted to be with her? Why did I panic? Why did I run away? I felt so angry at myself. So much for being bold. My fantasies of sharing sweet moments with Sihyeon feeding her cake and flirting with her all gone down the drain just like that. I mean I could just go back out and awkwardly sit next to Sihyeon, but I was too embarrassed to do that now. Plus, I don’t even know if she wants my company. What if these feelings are only one-sided? I would hate being a nuisance to unnie after all.

I lay there in bed for about 15 minutes, not knowing what to do. I closed my eyes, hoping to find some courage and resolve from within myself. Just then, I heard some footsteps coming towards my room….wait what? No way! Is Sihyeon coming to look for me? Ahhhhhhh!!! 

Not knowing what to do, I kept my eyes closed and pretended that I was sound asleep.

 

Sihyeon’s POV

Not long after Aisha dashed to her room, I suddenly remembered she bought me something to eat. Everything happened so fast that it almost slipped my mind. I walked over to the table and opened the small box.

Chocolate brownies?? Aisha remembered I always get chocolate cravings during this time of the month and bought this just for me?! I don’t know if it was due to my mood swings that I was feeling super emotional but I began to tear up. All day today, I had been feeling miserable, so her simple but kind gesture really touched my heart.

Sihyeon you’re a grown woman. Yet why are you such a crybaby? I felt so happy I couldn’t contain myself. I just wanted to see Aisha immediately and tell her how thankful I was. Perhaps we could eat the brownies together too. Without wasting any more time, I ran towards Aisha’s room and knocked on the door.

 “Aisha, are you awake? I’m coming in ok?” I told her before opening the door. When I entered, I saw Aisha lying on her bed sleeping peacefully. I watched her silently while trying to stifle back my sobs. I smiled to myself as I stared at the sweet, beautiful angel sleeping before my eyes. What did I even do to deserve so much love from her?  

Usually, I’m the type of person in which my brain rules over my emotions, and I would have quietly left so as not to disrupt her precious nap. However, somehow this time, it felt right to follow my heart. Instead of turning to leave, I lied down and joined her on the bed. I knew she probably wouldn’t hear me, but I still wanted to convey my gratitude to her.

 “Yoorim-ah, thank you so much for the brownies. Also…today the cramps were really horrible. But just thinking of you made me feel so much better. I missed your hugs, your laugh…I missed you.” I whispered into her ear. I couldn’t hold back my tears though I tried, so I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her tightly from the back. 

“Sihyeon-unnie…are you crying?”

Aisha…talked??? Did I just wake her up? Upon hearing her voice, I quickly let go my hands,  muttered a soft sorry and was getting up to flee as I felt bad to have disturbed her.

 

Aisha’s POV

I can’t believe what just happened! Sihyeon just walked into my room, whispered some sweet words into my ear and held me tight. I wanted to keep pretending I was sleeping but I just couldn’t when I heard her choking up as though she was crying. All I could think of was whether she was okay. 

Was she in pain? What could I do to make it better? So, I voiced out and it must have frightened her because she immediately let go and was about to run away. But there was no way I was letting her go. No, at least not till I find out what’s wrong. 

Before she could take off, I quickly grabbed her hand and gently pulled her back down and cuddled her in my arms. I couldn’t help myself, so I started to kiss her hair and forehead lightly with all the love I could draw out of myself. 

“Sihyeon-unnie, are you in pain?” I asked her, still concerned of her wellbeing. 

“I was… but not anymore cause you’re here,” said Sihyeon softly. We turned to face each other but almost instantly we both looked away. My cheeks began to heat up and the same must have been happening to Sihyeon because she became all red too. We both then laughed nervously, and our eyes met again.

Then, the most unexpected thing happened. All of a sudden, Sihyeon was on top of me. Her eyes still looked teary but they beamed so brightly back at me. She looked shyly down at me and my hair gently and then before I knew it, there was a soft sensation on my lips. Wait…WHAT?!!!! Did Kim Sihyeon just kiss me??? 

Before I could even react back, she laid back down and hid her face on my chest. She’s way too adorable. Help!!! I was so stunned yet so happy. Could she hear my heart beating? Cause it was going to thump out of my chest any moment now. 

“Unnie, pick one. Chocolate or me?” I asked her cheekily. She hesitated for a second but slowly turned to me and looked at me in the eyes with a serious expression.

 

Sihyeon's POV

​​​​I knew Aisha was as affected of me as I was to her. I refuse to be the only one in a mess right now! No way I’m going to just let that slide. I mustered every ounce of courage in my body and looked at her in the eyes.

“I’ll admit it. I was craving both you and chocolate today…but without thinking, I barged right in here to be with you. Even before I ate the chocolate brownies. So what do you think?” I asked her with a new sense of determination. I saw that Aisha gulped, looking really flustered and this time, it was her turn to shy away from me momentarily. 

But not long after, she gazed right back at me; her lips curling into a sweet smile, the smile that I love the most in the world. She gently caressed my hair and cheeks and then planted light kisses all over me from my cheeks, nose, chin, neck, shoulder, hands. Wow is this heaven? Cause it surely feels like it.

 “Sihyeon unnie…I came back because I wanted to be with you. I love you,” said Aisha earnestly as she drew closer to me, held my cheek and kissed me. It started with little pecks in typical Aisha fashion and then progressed to sweet lingering kisses which kept me yearning for more. 

Aisha’s lips were so addictive, even more so than any chocolate. Neither of us really knew what we were doing. We just kept savoring each other lips till we were out of breath and unable to go on. Well more like me to be honest. Damn it.

 

Aisha’s POV

“I’m sorry. I really don’t have the stamina for anything…” said Sihyeon apologetically. I couldn’t help myself but burst out laughing. She didn’t have to take this so seriously upon herself. I was already so happy just being here with her and getting to you know share some intimate moments with her.

“Sihyeon unnie, you’re really a dumb dumb aren’t you? Don’t worry, practice makes perfect. We’ll have more opportunities in the future,” I said to her and winked at her. She just looked at me in disbelief and her face turned a bright tint of red again. Gosh, it’s so fun teasing her. She’s really the cutest. Maybe I too much though because she suddenly stood up to exit the room, but just before she did, she turned back.

“Yoorim-ah, want to have the brownies together?” she said shyly as she looked down at her feet and fiddled with her fingers, not able to look me in the eyes. For a second, I couldn’t respond.

Please let my body just melt here into a puddle. This was such an adorable side of Sihyeon I have never seen before. I have zero resistance when it comes to her. She thought I wasn’t as affected to her as she was to me. If only she knew. I swear my heart keeps palpitating even right now.

Gaining back my composure, I smiled and nodded at her and then got up to follow her to the living room to have our brownies together. After that, we just enjoyed our time together like we usually did. Just some trivial talk while feeding each other brownies. The subject didn’t really matter. We were just really happy to be in each other’s company. Even simple moments like this with her were so precious to me.

Honestly, I don’t really know what Sihyeon and I have become after today. But that’s a worry for another time.  I was just so glad our feelings of wanting to be together were mutual. I guess Wonyoung was right. Those were really some magical brownies. I need to thank her the next time I see her. 

That night, as I lay on bed and replayed the moments with Sihyeon in my head, I couldn’t help but to smile stupidly at myself. I may not know what sort of future lies ahead of us, but I felt more thankful than ever that I had many more days ahead with Everglow. That means I could make more sweet memories with Sihyeon too! I got so excited just thinking about it that I couldn’t sleep. I mean how could I? She picked me over chocolate brownies!