Chapter 1: Cravings

Chocolate Brownies

Sihyeon's POV

It is finally our long awaited day off. All the Everglow members took the opportunity to either go shopping or catch up with family and friends. Well that is, all the members except me.

That's right. It is around 4:00 pm now and I, Kim Sihyeon, am sprawling on the couch in our group dorm doing nothing at all. Yes, Kim Sihyeon is a pretty lazy person on off days but that isn’t the reason why I am in this state right now. I actually had plans to go shopping with Yena today but ended up having to call it off.

Today, I woke up with excruciating period cramps. Oh yes the joy of being female! I took painkillers and at first, I did feel a lot better but the sharp pangs of pain kept coming back in intervals. Since there was no official work schedule today, I decided to take it easy and called off my plans with Yena. I felt bad because it was usually not easy for us to find a day we were both off and free to hang out, but thankfully Yena my bestie is such an understanding ducky.

I had the TV on but I wasn't actually watching it. I did try at first but whenever I was hit with bouts of piercing pain, it was just so difficult to focus that I just gave up. In this state, there was no way I could play Sudoku either. What a nightmare. That's why here I am sprawled on the couch. I think the members have no idea I am currently in this state as E:U, Onda and Yiren left the dorm really early in the morning before the pain actually hit in. Mia did see me clutching my stomach and running to the toilet before she left but she probably thought I just needed to do my No. 2.

The only member I failed to hide from was Aisha as she was the last to leave. This morning, she saw me sitting at the kitchen table, looking dazed with a glass of warm water on the table. I tried to act normal because I didn’t want her to worry, but Aisha being as sharp as she was, noticed how I was wincing in pain even though I tried to hide it. She kneeled down beside me and gently held my hand and asked if I was okay. She even almost wanted to call off her own plans to stay home with me, but I reassured her that things would get better once the effect of the painkillers kick in.

“Okay then, but call me if it gets worse. I’ll come back immediately. You got it unnie?” said Aisha sternly as she kissed my hand affectionately. I could only smile and nod at her though I knew I wasn’t going to contact her no matter how bad it got because I wanted her to enjoy her day off.

However, now hours later, as I am lying helplessly on the couch right now, I really regret not asking Aisha to stay. For some reason, I can’t stop thinking of her. It even distracts me from the pain for some time.

I think about how I really miss the warmth of her hands when she holds mine and the comfort and security I feel whenever she embraces me. Heck, when did I even start feeling this way for her? I have always loved all the members equally including Aisha of course, but suddenly right now, there’s only two things I yearn for. Aisha’s touch and also some chocolate. I’m a grown woman, so nope, I’m not going to trouble Aisha right now when she’s out having fun. I can’t be selfish as much as I want her here with me.

As for the chocolate, perhaps I should buy something from the convenience store. But gosh I feel the pangs of pain hitting me once again. This is ridiculous. I guess I am stuck here in my agony unable to satisfy both of my cravings for the rest of the day. On the bright side, at least I have the dorm to myself right? I shrugged because damn, I really am the worst at persuading myself.