one: her

bloom again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

REMINDER: They are already adults in this story. That's all, ENJOY!

 

(P.S

I think i'm really sleepy last night, instead of chapter one, i wrote prologue sksksks sorry for the confusion)


 

-


 

Minjoo plopped down to her seat, letting her head fall at her desk with a loud thud before groaning in frustration.


 

She heard a swivel chair rolling towards her, making her eyes flutter open with a pout, sighing when she saw a familiar face leaning in closer with a bright smile while sitting on the chair.

 

“What's with the groan!” Hitomi asked, chirping as she leaned more closer to inspect Minjoo's expression.


 

The brunette lets out a long groan again. “Boss wanted me to revise my paperworks and check the others' works, and I need to finish it all before 9. God, my day is just starting and I'm already stressed out and exhausted.” She whined, frowning cutely as she started to flap her arms in the air out of frustration.

 

Her fellow workmate stifles a laugh, patting her shoulders before giving her a sweet smile. “Come on, Kim! Get your up and start to work so you'll get enough rest.” She replied, eyeing Minjoo's bags under her eyes and just cutely huffed, trying to motivate the older to be positive.


 

Minjoo sighed, sitting up properly, stretching her tensed neck. “I don't have any other choice, Honda. I need to rush too because I have something to attend later at night.” She answered blankly, tired and low. Hitomi gave her a thumbs up. “Flash mode?”


 

Nodding, the tired brunette smiles weakly before responding back with a thumbs up too. “Flash mode.” She answered, placing her fingers on the keyboard, watching Hitomi rolls back to her cubicle— almost bumping into the trash can in the corner, making both of them chuckle.


 

“Lets get it.” Minjoo whispered under her breath then cracked her fingers before typing furiously at the keyboard, looking at the screen of her computer and the paper beside her alternatively.


 

It's gonna be a long day again.


 

Minjoo's been working for this company since two years ago but seems like she's still not used to working this job at all or it's just her Boss who kept ordering her and giving her tons of works— she complains but she never quits anyway, she doesn't want to starve and go homeless besides, the pay is quite good but the main problem is the work itself, it's exhausting and it's sometimes making Minjoo stressed and sleep-deprived because she needs to finish lots of paperworks that she really have to pull out an all-nighter and stay at the office until midnight, coffee cups surrounding her.


 

Good thing, the office is not toxic like any others and her workmates are pure angels and hardworking, sometimes, they even help her out and Minjoo also helps them back. They're a good team, cheering each other on when they're down and exhausted from working all day.


 

She's thankful for that. They at least make this hell hole better.





 

Minjoo almost lost her balance when she stood up after sitting for five hours straight, typing on her keyboard as she intently stared at the screen, trying to spot some typos and stuff. Her head started to pound lightly and hisses as she tried to regain her balance


 

She looked at the clock, and it said 8:45pm. Just in time.

 

She grabbed the newly printed papers and folders, striding hastily towards the elevator, having a hard time pressing the 18th floor. The moment the elevator opened, she rushed inside the president's office and placed the papers on the table, staring blankly at the empty leathered swivel chair before rolling her eyes and pouting. Seems like the President already went home.

 

Clicking her tongue, she walked back to the elevator after she wrote a small note and posted it on top of the pile of papers, going back to her own floor, jogging towards her cubicle and fixed her things in a hurry, obviously desperate to get out of this place.

 

Almost all of the people in her department already went home by 7, leaving her by herself and the Head Manager who's most likely still in her small office. She glanced towards the office and saw that the lights were still on.

 

She shrugged and was about to exit when the door of the Head Manager's office opened, revealing a woman in her early 20's with short orange hair. By the looks of it, the Head Manager is about to go home too.


 

The woman closed the door and spotted her, smiling slightly at her when she saw by the elevator, briskly walking towards her while she slung her backpack on her shoulders. “Minjoo!” She greeted, halting beside her. Minjoo bowed a bit then gave out a tired smile. “Head Manager-nim,” She greeted politely. “You have loads of work too?”


 

The head manager nodded, scrunching her face. “Yeah, as usual.” She replied then frowned after she realized something. “Didn't I tell you to just call me Chaewon when there are no people around or outside the office.” She scolded, pressing the down button of the elevator, and it instantly opened.

 

Minjoo chuckled, stepping inside the elevator with a frowning Chaewon. “Oh yea, sorry! I'm not used to calling you by your first name.” She replied shyly. The head manager huffed slightly, faking an upset expression but there's a small smile on her lips as she pressed the ground floor button.



 

The head manager insists that Minjoo should call her by her first name whenever they're alone or whenever they're outside of the office because the two of them are actually acquaintances since college, although Chaewon is older by a year, they do know each other because both attended the same university and were in the same theater club before. But Minjoo always forgot, she would call Chaewon, head manager or sunbaenim instead.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter