in love with this

Princesses and Peasants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Songs for this chapter:

enchanted-taylor swift

tenerife sea-ed sheeran

kiss me-ed sheeran

i loved you-day6

you were beautiful-day6

once in a lifetime-one direction

beside you-5sos

 

 

 

Special note:if you have read my other one shot, The Penguin and The Baby, beware 👀

 

—————————

 

 

"They've been gone for quite some time, huh?" The short general sat next to the blonde Japanese girl on a wooden bench. The Japanese girl gave her a hopeless frown. 

 

"They've been gone for 2 weeks, Dahyun! 2 weeks! Chaeyoung told me that she'll be back with her but so many days have passed and we're becoming hopeless already." A tear fell on Sana's cheek, completely devastated with the fact that her close friend had gone missing as well. 

 

Worry continued to consume her heart as a lot of worrisome thoughts and possibilities consumed her mind. She hasn't been sleeping well ever since the smaller girl left. She had been feeling this strong guilt when Chaeyoung's mother found out about her disappearance. Everything was just so hard on her.

 

"We're trying our best. But now we're losing knights because emperor is losing it completely. He's been sending a lot of them, in big groups. But I just don't understand how they still couldn't find them." Dahyun heard Sana's sigh of despair. The Japanese woman wiped her tear from her cheek. Dahyun rubbed the older girl's back to console her, before she pulled her into a soft, comforting hug.

 

"Don't worry. Maybe, there's still hope and all. There's this particular place where they haven't searched yet." Sana raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

 

"Really? Where?"

 

—————————

 

"Chaeyoungie..."

 

"Chaeyoung..."

 

"Chaeng!" The shorter girl's eyes slowly fluttered after her short and comfortable nap. The first thing she saw was a glimmer in a princess' eyes. She saw a girl looking down on her while the sun shone on her. She swore she thought she was in heaven and she was seeing an angel, but she remembered that she's still stuck in this hellish world.

 

Chaeyoung groaned, propping herself up from her laid down position and she leaned against the tree trunk. She rubbed her sleepy and groggy eyes as she looked at the girl right in front of her.

 

"How...how long was I asleep, Mina?" The older girl sat in front of her, cross legged. Mina showed her a soft smile.

 

"Thirty minutes at least. I wanted to wake you because Jeongyeon's getting pretty cranky lately, probably on her period. She wants us to harvest all of those crops down there." Mina pointed at the fields below the hill where Chaeyoung slept. 

 

Luckily for these two, Jeongyeon, who was a married farm lady, found them in the forest where they were starving, lost and homeless. At first, Jeongyeon really wanted to take the two younger girls in her home but her wife disagreed with her. But once the wife realized that Mina was a princess who ran away and wanted to hide, she accepted them into their home. The married couple vowed not to tell the authorities about their current whereabouts.

 

Now, the two girls had been living in the farm for two weeks. Since they owe the married couple for letting them live in their home, they wanted to pay their gratitude to them by working in their farm. 

 

They've also changed their appearances to hide their identities. The long hair that Chaeyoung and Mina had were now chopped off. The older girl had her hair reaching a few centimetres below her shoulder while the younger one had a boyish haircut.

 

"Well, what are you waiting for?!" Chaeyoung enthusiastically jumped up and she started running down the hill.

 

"Last one who gets to the fields will clean the pig pens!" Chaeyoung yelled playfully. Mina whined as she stood up and ran after the younger girl.

 

"Hey! No fair!" The two raced down to the fields. 

 

"You only won because you had a headstart, you jerk." Chaeyoung stuck out her tongue to gloat her victory in front of Mina, who pouted cutely.

 

"Or you were just too slow to catch up to me. Anyways" The two stared at the huge field full of ripened fruits and fully grown crops ready to harvest.

 

"So...we divide the area into two." The older girl spoke. The calm winds blew on their hairs as the strands swayed with it.

 

"I'll work on the fruit part of the field." Mina nodded at her. Chaeyoung started stroll her way to the fruit side of the field. Mina gazed at the younger girl while she harvested the fruits. She then realized the fact that she was so staring at Chaeyoung for such a long time so she started to do her task.

 

She started to harvest the fully grown vegetables and she placed them on the basket which she held onto tightly. She walked from point to point to harvest the grown vegetables she saw around the field.

 

Mina wasn't used to doing a lot of chores or any kind of work involving any physical interaction and strength. She was a princess after all, and she got used to having maids around her, doing all the work for her. Sure, she got tasks in the farm but they weren't as hard as harvesting, which really needed two people to do it.

 

"You okay in there?" Chaeyoung asked. Mina was panting a bit, she wiped the sweat off her forehead. Her bucket wasn't even half filled and she already felt exhausted.

 

"Maybe, we could...take a break for a bit." Mina tiredly answered. Chaeyoung giggled as she gently put down her basket.

 

"Alrighty, lay down with me." Chaeyoung trudged her way throw the field until she arrived at a flat land covered in grass. She laid down and she patted a space next to her. The older girl laid beside her as they rested. The gentle breeze blew on their hair, gently grazing through their skin.

 

"I'm really happy, Chaeyoung." Chaeyoung faced the girl beside her as she listened to her. The older girl looked very relaxed and she had a soft smile on her face.

 

"I don't know why but I'm really glad that I ran away with you. It's kind of funny that we used to hate each other so much back then, but now I can't even stand alone without you. I feel so free here with you, so...relaxed. It's everything I ever wanted." Unconsciously, Mina's fingers trailed gently on Chaeyoung hand.

 

Chaeyoung smiled softly while they looked up at the blue sky. She remembers their wild past, how they would almost cut each other's throat or they'd end up destroying something the other girl owned. Things were really different back then.

 

But everything changed when the princess ran away and she decided to find her in the forest. She then found the girl in the forest, she took care of her and protected her, and eventually, they became close. Mina didn't want to go back, and of course, Chaeyoung with her whipped culture, she decided to follow the girl and be with her instead of bringing her back.

 

She suddenly remembered. I promised. She promised Sana that she'll come back, that she'll bring the princess back. But somehow, she was convinced in joining the princess with whatever adventures they go through, that she herself forgot her promise. 

 

Crap, they must be so worried about me. She thought about her friends and her mom who might be worried sick for her. She wants to go back to them but she can't leave the elegant girl beside her.

 

Crap, what do I do?

 

"I'm really happy too, Mina. But.." 

 

"Hmm?" The older girl gave Chaeyoung a questioning look.

 

"What about...them? What about the friends we left behind? I just...I enjoy this too but-"

 

"What about them?" She heard the cold tone of the girl right beside her. She turned to Mina and saw the cold and resentful colour in her eyes. 

 

"Mina, look...I like being with you but...you have to remember that they're still searching for us. You have to remember that a lot of people are worried about you-"

 

"Really, like who?" Chaeyoung was startled once she heard the Japanese girl coldly spat. She knew that she had already hit a nerve.

 

"Look, your father must've been very worried for you-"

 

"Nobody genuinely cares for me back home, not even that man I call father, and you should've known that by now. They'd only want to find me for the sake of the throne and for me to marry a man I don't even know. I don't care if they're worried about me."

 

"But Mina-" Chaeyoung gulped once she saw the girl beside her. Her eyes were angry and cold, like she was staring deep into Chaeyoung's soul.

 

"If you want to go back, then do it. Go ahead, at least you have people caring for you-" Chaeyoung panicked once she saw Mina standing up from where she laid. She stood up and she held onto the latter's wrist.

 

"No, Mina, listen-"

 

"Just-just admit it, Chaeyoung! You wanted me to warm up to you after all of this because the truth is you were sent by my father to bring me back, is that it?!" Chaeyoung's right eye twitched at what she was hearing.

 

"We've been together for 2 weeks, Mina and you still don't trust me?! I left my mom for you! I wanted to be with you no matter where we go because I genuinely understand and care for you, but you still paint me in that image after everything?!" Mina scowled as she forcefully pulled her hand away from Chaeyoung's grasp.

 

"Just-just leave me alone!" Mina quickly ran away from the field. Chaeyoung wanted to follow her, but she knew that they've already hit each other's last nerve. 

 

She sighed as she plopped down on the grass as she watched the older girl walk away from her. She wasn't really angry, she was just...hurt. Yeah, exactly, hurt. She felt a sting in her chest when the older girl accused her of something she truly didn't do. She felt like she still wasn't trusted after the many days they've spent together.

 

But she also didn't mean to strike a nerve in the girl's heart. She knew that the thought of the palace being brought into the conversation isn't something that Mina would be pleased to hear. 

 

She pulled her hair in frustration as she yelled in annoyance. The stared at the blue skies while the wind blew onto her short hair.

 

"UGH! WAEYO?!" 

 

Meanwhile, Mina angrily threw small stones on the small pond in the forest not so far from the farm. She came here whenever she felt stressed or tired.

 

"Who does she think she is?" She growled while she threw stones that don't skip whenever she tossed it.

 

She doesn't know why she's truly angry when the girl was right, some people might worry for them. But it triggered something in Mina which made her snap. 

 

She hates it whenever she's reminded of the things she left behind in the palace. It makes her feel so many complex yet destructive and regretful thoughts. These thoughts made her feel so conflicted and frustrated.

 

An angry tear fell down her cheek. She wiped the tear in frustration. She threw another stone on the pond once again, this time, the stone skipped successfully.

 

"Why can't I just leave things all behind?" She sighed in dejection.

 

 

—————————

 

"We'll set camp right here, everyone. After our lunch we'll divide ourselves into groups to search into different directions, alright? Do I make myself clear?"

 

"Yes, ma'am!" The young general nodded.

 

"You may go back to your tents to have your lunch. The maps will be given to you on this period. You are dismissed." The knights dispersed and they all went to different directions, settling back into their camps. Dahyun sighed in relief and she sat on a huge stone and ate her lunch.

 

"Hey, general Kim." Dahyun looked up to see a Japanese knight with another tall knight smiling at her.

 

"Hey Momo and Tzuyu." She greeted back. The two knights sat in front of her and they ate their lunch together.

 

"You look troubled there, Dubu. Pressured?" Tzuyu asked. Dahyun swallowed her fish. She gulped.

 

"Yeah. This is the last place which no knight had searched into. I just feel very nervous if we...if we don't see the princess around. The emperor will kill us or he'd have to force us to travel outside Edo, which would be...a lot of work." Momo snorted.

 

"Pffft, Dahyun's just pressured because she promised Sana something." 

 

"No, I didn't!" Dahyun quickly denied. But the truth is, Dahyun did promise Sana that she'll find Chaeyoung, whoever she is. The young general didn't actually know what Chaeyoung looked like but her close companion talked about her a lot so she knows a thing or two about the girl.

 

"Don't worry general, I memorized this place since I used to live here a lot so I know where are the houses located. The princess could be anywhere in there!" Tzuyu shared enthusiastically which was enough to give Dahyun a speck of hope.

 

"I'm really hoping for that."

 

—————————

 

"What happened to them? We've been watching them for five minutes and they keep on ignoring each other."

 

"Lover's quarrel, probably." The married couple watched the two silent girls sort their harvested fruits and vegetables. They went home an hour ago and they saw the two younger girls ignoring each other, which was odd to them. The two married women shared a concerned look with each other.

 

"Jeongyeon, what do we do?" Jeongyeon only shrugged as a response to her wife.

 

"I don't know, Nayeon...How about...we ask them if something actually happened?" The married couple face the two younger girls.

 

"Chaeyoung."

 

"Mina." 

 

The two younger girls looked at the married couple with blank stares. Nayeon nudged her wife and Jeongyeon furrowed her eyebrows at her. Jeongyeon cleared .

 

 

"Are you guys okay? You guys usually don't..."

 

"Ignore each other." Nayeon finished her wife's question. Chaeyoung shrugged nonchalantly.

 

"It's...it's nothing..." Chaeyoung continued to do her tasks while Mina looked at her with an unreadable expression.

 

"Yeah. We're fine, onee-chan." Mina added while she continued sorting the fruits. The married couple shared another concerned look.

 

"They're totally not fine." Nayeon whispered to her wife.

 

"Something must've happened between them. We should fix it because I can't already handle their silent treatment to each other." Jeongyeon whispered back.

 

"Guys, Jeongyeon and I will be going back inside the house, okay?" The younger girl's replied with 'okays' before the couple returned home.

 

"Jeongyeon, what do we do? I don't want to see our babies mad at each other." The coconut haired wife grabbed her chin while she was thinking.

 

"What do we usually do to fix our arguments?" 

 

"Hmmm...well...we talk about it...calmly." Nayeon answered. She sat down on the seat by the dining table and she took a bite from an apple settling on the basket which was on top of the table.

 

"How about we set them a dinner by themselves? Maybe...they could talk about it and all." Jeongyeon suggested. Nayeon agreed while she munched on her apple.

 

"Yeapfh! Maybeefp theypfh coulf talk abouft ift!" Nayeon swallowed the apple. "Besides, they argue less violently than we do and maybe we could engage them in a civil conversation alone!" Jeongyeon enthusiastically nodded.

 

"Yeah that's a great idea!"

 

"Yeah! I know, I'm so amazing!"

 

—————————

 

Chaeyoung didn't know what she was drawing, but it all looked familiar to her. She drew a form, a face, a constellation, something she learned from the person lingering in her mind.

 

She sighed. She truly felt free and happy here with her companions, but she still felt homesick. Her decision to stay was impulsive and spontaneous. She didn't expect that things like this will happen.

 

But still, she decided to stay. She wants to stay even if Mina told her to go. In any other life in this single universe, she'll always choose to stay.

 

"CHAEYOUNG, MINA IT'S TIME FOR DINNER!" Chaeyoung heard Nayeon's loud yelling from the dining area, snapping her out of her angsty thoughts. She set her paper and pencil aside and she left her room.

 

She suddenly stopped once she saw the older girl's door, realizing that Mina hasn't left her room yet, she probably didn't hear the call. With impulse, she went closer to the older's door and she knocked it.

 

"Um, hey, Mina, it's time for dinner." Chaeyoung muttered to the door. She didn't hear a response, making her frown. She then went down only to see two plates on the dining table. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

 

"You're not eating, onee-chan?" Chaeyoung saw the married couple all dressed. She figured that the two will leave them once again.

 

"Oh, Nayeon and I already ate. We'll just go to get some...uh..." Jeongyeon trailed off, completely confused. 

 

"Supplies and tools!" Nayeon gave Jeongyeon a glare. "We'll be back by midnight, take care of the farm you two." The married couple left in a haste. Chaeyoung heard footsteps from the stairs. She looked up to see the elegant girl staring at her with an unreadable expression.

 

"Uh...hey. Nayeon and Jeongyeon left so..."

 

"Can we talk?"

 

The two munched on their meals. The whole room had a thick atmosphere and it was engulfed in silence. Chaeyoung avoided Mina's eyes, too scared to make eye contact. They stayed that way until they finished their meals and they fixed their plates. 

 

"Chaeyoung."

 

"Mina."

 

The two stared at each other after their simultaneous call for each other. Chaeyoung cleared .

 

"I'll go first..." Chaeyoung gulped.

 

"I'm sorry. I should've not said that. I just...I felt really homesick, I missed my mom...a lot." Chaeyoung avoided the older's eyes once again, too afraid to see her expression.

 

"The truth is Mina... I looked for you for my mom. My mom loved you like a daughter and it hurts me to see her in agony, completely worrying for you. As crazy as it was, even if I hated you, I was willing to find you. And now I see why my mom cares for you so much. I didn't mean to force you to go back...to go back in that place which gave you so much torment." Chaeyoung felt brave and she locked eyes with the older girl, who listened to her.

 

"I'm sorry for making you...remember that place... I was being insensitive-"

 

"I should be the one apologizing, Chaeyoung." Mina looked down, avoiding the younger's eyes.

 

"I was being selfish. I didn't consider what you felt and I only thought about what I wanted..." she took a deep breath before she continued.

 

I... I never told you this but...sometimes I feel like...like I regret running away. I thought it was just a selfish move from me. I know I wanted to be free because of my father's own selfishness but..." she took a sharp breath. Unconsciously, her fingers trailed on Chaeyoung's hand.

 

"I feel very conflicted and frustrated, because what if...I am being selfish too." Mina croaked out. She looked down, tears of frustration welling up in her eyes, rolling down on her soft cheeks.

 

Chaeyoung gently wiped the falling tears away from Mina's face. "Do you want to go there?" Confusion etched on the older girl's face.

 

"Where? The castle?" Chaeyoung shook her head.

 

"No. The lake, so you could relax." A sad smile formed on the older's lips. 

 

"Yeah...maybe..."

 

—————————

 

The married couple watched from afar, hiding behind the trees, panicking at the sight of the knights.

 

"They're looking for Mina, Jeongyeon." Nayeon  panicked with worry laced in her voice.

 

"We should go back before they find out about the farmhouse." Jeongyeon said, earning a nod from her wife. The quickly sneaked their way out of the town without alerting any knights, returning to their home.

 

"Have you seen the princess around here?" Momo asked a villager who shook her head as a reply. 

 

"We didn't see the princess anywhere in this village, ma'am." Momo sighed as she walked over to the young general who was starting to look hopeless.

 

"They hadn't seen the princess, Dahyun, what do we do?" Dahyun sighed. She hopelessly stared at her map. They've looked around the different parts of this town but they still don't have any clues regarding the whereabouts of the two girls.

 

"I...I don't know anymore, Momo. This is the last place we'd have to look in Edo." They saw Tzuyu approaching them, confusion etched on her face as well.

 

"Have you guys found any clues about where the princess is?" The two knights sadly shook their heads. Tzuyu started to scratch her head.

 

"I don't get it, I swore that there are more places in this town where the princess could and should be."

 

"Um, knights." They heard a voice coming from a woman. They saw a villager approaching to them, they hoped that the woman had the answers to their questions.

 

"What is it, ma'am?" Dahyun asked.

 

"If I could remember correctly, I think there's a farmhouse in a forest from the north eastern part of the town. Maybe the princess is over there." The three knights shared a look, a speck of hope glimmering in their eyes.  

 

"Show us the way ma'am." Dahyun politely requested.

 

"With great pleasure. Follow me." The villager started making her way to the direction of where the farmhouse is.

 

—————————

 

The two made sure they locked the farmhouse completely to avoid intruders breaking in. They went to the lake where Mina was throwing some stones hours ago. They both sat down by the lake, Mina skipped some stones while Chaeyoung gazed at their surroundings.

 

"Wow, this place is...amazing." Chaeyoung gawked at the ethereal sight. The lake was beautifully illuminated by the full moon's shine. She gazed at the stars twinkling in the sky.

 

"Yeah, this place helps me think and relax." Mina tossed another stone. This time, the stone skipped nine steps before completely sinking into the water.

 

"Yay! I broke my record!" Mina joyfully exclaimed with a bright smile in her face. Chaeyoung stared at the other girl in admiration and in awe. She was also glad, seeing Mina enjoying herself, looking a lot more cute and pretty when she's happy. Suddenly, the older girl started to take off her shoes.

 

"W-woah Mina, what are you doing?!" Chaeyoung panicked as she watched the older girl started to undress quickly right in front of her.

 

"I want to take a dip. Join me." Chaeyoung gulped at the sight of the older girl already . Her cheeks stared to heat up.

 

"I-I...uh..." Chaeyoung was sweating profusely. She wasn't used to these kind of situation, especially with Mina.  

 

"Don't be nervous seeing me like this, we're both girls anyway, right?" Mina gave Chaeyoung a wink before she turned around ran to the lake to take a dip, submerging her body completely in the water.

 

"I...I don't know..."

 

"Don't worry, I won't look while you take off your clothes." Mina giggled and she covered her eyes with her hand. Chaeyoung blushed even more, her cheeks becoming dark red. She shyly took off her clothes. Once she was completely , she made her way to the lake and she took a submerged her body in the water. Her body was shivering as she felt the cold water touch her skin.

 

"Feels good, right?" Mina giggled while she swam around the lake. Chaeyoung was flustered while she submerged herself deeper, the water reaching her neck.

 

"Yeah. It does." Chaeyoung felt a very relaxing feeling. She felt the calm waves and the cold breeze caressing her skin.

 

"You know, this is even better than the baths I had back in the palace. It feels more...calming." Mina closed her eyes as she sunk her head underwater and she raised it back up. Her hair was dripping, leaving droplets on her bare shoulders. Chaeyoung gulped at the sight.

 

Mina had fair skin, so smooth that Chaeyoung wants to trail her hands on it. The older girl had perfect proportions all over, no flaw whatsoever.

 

What am I thinking?!

 

"The stars are so nice tonight, huh?" Mina asked, gazing at the stars above them. The older girl swam closer to Chaeyoung, sitting right in front of her. Chaeyoung cleared .

 

"Yeah...what constellations do they form, Mina?" Chaeyoung tried to distract herself from the woman's appearance as she stared at the black sky.

 

"At this time, I'm not really sure." Mina giggled. Chaeyoung smiled at the giggling girl, staring at her in adoration.

 

"You know...when you taught me about constellations, I really thought that...you were amazing, despite of my hatred for you back then." Mina raised her eyebrow at the short haired girl.

 

"Oh really? Are you flirting with me, Son Chaeyoung?" The short haired girl turned red once again, her cheeks heating up.

 

"Wh-what-no! I'm just...complimenting you." Mina chuckled.

 

"Well, I found you amazing too, back then when we despised each other. When you saved me twice and you took care of me even if you didn't want to. You were...just...so...caring that I thought, maybe getting stuck in the forest with you isn't so bad." Chaeyoung grinned brightly. Her eyes getting more lost into the girl in front of her. She was completely giving in.

 

She bit her lip as she stared at the woman's skin drenched in cold water, bare, flawless and smooth, with kissable lips enticing her. Her elegant face illuminated by the moonlight.

 

Unconsciously, Chaeyoung started to lean in, completely giving in to her desire. Mina noticed this while she stared at the short haired girl with glazed eyes, but she didn't flinch. She didn't move away. Her eyes diverted to gaze at the younger's lips.

 

Chaeyoung trailed her right fingers on Mina's bare shoulders while she caressed the latter's cheek with her left hand, cupping it. The older girl shivered at the touch. She moved closer until they were only a few centimetres apart.

 

"Mina..." Chaeyoung whispered. 

 

"I..." She nervously whispered, her voice trembling.

 

"Say it, Chaeyoung." The elegant girl demanded in a soft voice. The short haired girl took a deep breath.

 

"I love you." She whispered with such adoration and desire. She moved even closer, closing the small gap between them. She was about to press her lips to the latter's lips bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter