Only Look At Me

The Tales of Cub and Penguin

A/N: First of all, welcome to my first ever MiChaeng fanfic! That is all, hope you enjoy! And thank you for the people that have subscribed before I published a story for this thread! 

---

Night times are the times when I find my peace. It is also when I am at the stage with the DJ behind me. I sing and rap in front of club goers. Everyone seemed to be as hyped as I am whenever I am on stage and that is what I would like to see the most. I also get to see pretty ladies. As loud and crowded as it is, to me, it is where I find my peace.

Speaking of pretty ladies, there's one newbie I've set my eyes on. She came in with her co-workers and it was pretty obvious that the club isn't her scene. We get a lot of workers come here to have an after party while still in their uniforms. There's on that. From the stage, I see them encouraging her and pushing her to come out of her shell but she just sat there, shook her head, and smiled at them.

"Hey deej, you see that girl over there? What do you think?" I asked the DJ while he was busy mixing it up.

He looked over to where my eyes were gazing and shook his head.

"She seems to innocent for your filthy ," he joked.

"What do you mean filthy? I shower everyday!"

"You know what I mean. You jump girls almost every month. It's slimming down to a weekly thing!"

What can I say? There's a lot of me to go around. Plus, I'm young. I'll live my life the way I want to.

"You're a stubborn young one so whatever I say wouldn't faze you to actually change your mindset," he sighed.

"Watch me work my charm over," I grinned over to him.

The next set was another stage of mine. I told the DJ to put on my rap mix. I grabbed everyone's attention before proceeding and her eyes met mine. To be honest, I felt my heart skip a beat upon locking eyes with her. This kind of beauty is something I've never seen around before. She seemed to have a certain charm that just pertains to her and nobody else. Nobody could imitate it, or at least I haven't seen anyone with the same charms as her. Her eyes are an all-kill.

"How's everybody feeling tonight?" I asked the crowd.

They shouted with glee in response.

"Alright, next up is another set of mine that will get you guys really hyped up! I hope you have some energy left because this one will definitely require you to have that! And also to everyone that just got out of work, here's to take off your stress and tiredness!"

Everybody cheered on and I startedup with my rap verse. It was the most explosive song I've ever written as of yet and it sure garnered people when I was doing an underground rap battle not too long ago. I'm definitely sure this would hype this shy girl.

I kept glancing at her in between my gazes at the crowd so I could slowly catch her attention. Her co-workers were cheering along and she was just watching my stage performance quietly while sipping a drink. At least I've got her attention, now it's time to put an action to it. I pointed at her, winked, and motioned my finger for her to come over. Everyone looked over to her and everyone cheered on. Her co-workers began pushing her to go towards me but she was shaking her head. I gladly got out of the stage, into the crowd who gave way to me, and went towards her table as I continued to rap. I was doing my rap stage as if she was the only one in the crowd and she seemed confused on what to do. Finally, I reached out for her hand and she gladly took it. I walked her over back to the stage and she just stood there as I continued to rap to her. She seemed uneasy and didn't know what to do but stare over at her co-workers while I'm rapping to her with the crowd cheering and dancing.

At the end of my rap stage, the DJ immediately played random music on the background. I led her back to her group. As she sat down, her co-workers asked me to take a break and invited me to sit with them. I looked over to her, seeing if she was fine with it. She bowed a little, seeming as if she was fine with me sitting nex to her so I made my way through and sat next to her.

"You were really good out there! Your stage with Mina got me all hot and bothered," her co-worker commented. 

"Well thank you, it was all thanks to her! She seemed to have added some charisma on my rap stage," I motioned over to her.

We locked eyes once again, her dreamy, beautiful eyes, and I gave her a quick wink.

"So where do you guys work at?" I asked them.

"We work for realty, so if you need a house, make sure to come to us!"

He hands me over his business card but I looked over at the woman I was interested in.

"Mina, correct?"

Her co-workers cheered in awe as they seemed to know what was going on. Mina reaches over to her purse and hands out a business card to me shyly.

"I can't believe I just got rejected," her co-worker whined, "but it's okay. Mina, do you even like girls?!"

Mina looked over to him and then over to me. I was all hopeful. She turned away and chugged her cocktail. They all cheered once again.

 

Since I work nights, my days are usually filled with me sleeping over and waking up during the afternoon. I looked up at the ceiling and envisioned the divine beauty that I just encountered last night. She was definitely one of a kind and I'm definitely in it for more.

I got out of bed and washed myself up. I put on a leather jacket over my white tee. My chain necklace was dangling just below my crewneck line. I also put on some harem pants and leather boots to go along with it. This won't scare her away, won't it?

Finally, I headed over to the realty office. It's not like I was interested in a house obviously or even interested in renting out a new apartment. The one I have now is pretty old but it's fine and fits my budget. I passed by the realty office and glanced over the window before going inside. As soon as I came in, I was greeted by the guy that was the most assertive one in the group last night. Mina comes out of the blue with a tray of readily made tea.

"Hi! Welcome to---"

"How are you?"

"W-What brings you here?"

Mina turned bright red.

"I'm actually interested in looking at new apartments. Would you care to show me some?"

Seriously, the lies I'm spewing right now.

"She's still actually an assistant so you'll have to work that with any other one of us," the guy blurted out.

"How about I work with one of you on one condition?" I asked.

"What is it?" the guy replied.

"She has to be beside me the whole time," I pointed at Mina.

"Eh?!" she reacted in shock.

"That is no problem at all, isn't there, Mina?" her co-worker asked.

Mina just looked down in embarrassment. We both walked over to her co-worker's desk to discuss the details and search for apartments.

"Alright, to get things started, we need to know your preferences."

"Hm..." I looked over at Mina, who was sitting all proper right next to me, "... how about an apartment she's currently renting from?"

"Uh..." her co-worker had a nervous look, "I don't believe we could disclose that detail to you..."

"That's alright," I sighed, "I'll find out eventually."

 

I never stopped visiting her work space. It was to the point where I know I was annoying them so I had to make a gesture at least to ease their mind. After all, I will do anything to capture Mina's heart.

"How about half off drinks at the bar whenever you guys come?" I offered.

"Sounds enticing but please, if you're not a serious buyer, you should coming in to our workplace and disrupt our daily job activities," the assertive guy told me.

"Well I guess you're going to lose a potential buyer... or should I say, buyers?" I threatened him.

"What do you mean 'buyers'?"

"I work at the bar. I do underground rap battles. I'm pretty popular," I boasted.

"I-If that is what will make you stop bothering us, then that is something this company can sacrifice. Please leave before we call the cops on you."

Why can't I just see my beautiful goddess in peace? It's not like I could ask her out after work since she's been too shy. I kept trying to push her to go out with me but she still wouldn't budge. I can't give up and I won't give up. Why won't she look at me? Maybe she's not gay... but that's impossible! I've turned everyone gay!

 

I decided I was getting too annoying for them. I started going through my daily life before I even met Mina but made damn sure I was there when she's done with work. After all, that's the only time I get to hang out with her.

"You're really adamant, aren't you?" her assertive co-worker reckoned.

"Have you met me?" I joked and walked over to Mina, "now come, I'll treat you somewhere nice!"

My heart ached for a second. A quick second flashback of memory dawned onto me. It was grim and dark. I shook my head and the pain went away.

"What's wrong?" Mina looked over to me, concerned. Ah yes... please keep on gazing onto my eyes, my beautiful princess.

"Nothing, just a sharp pain that I've been dealing."

"Did you need us to take you to the hospital?"

"It's something I've already taken care of," I chuckled nervously, "anyway, let's go!"

 

I took Mina to a nearby dessert cafe. They had lots of parfaits to choose from and different dessert drinks to enjoy. Finally some one on one time with my princess beauty. Now time to commence the plan. I'm sure she won't resist me anymore after this whole date!

We proceeded over to the counter and looked over the menu. I already knew what I was going to get. I wonder what she would get. It'll be something to write down on the "About Mina" list in my head.

"I'll get the chocolate banana parfait please with a side of french fries and an americano," she told the attendant. Chocolate banana parfait and french fries? Weird.

"And I'll get the strawberry parfait please," I followed after.

"Alright, will this be in one check?" the attendant asked.

"Yes ma'am!" I immediately replied, giving no room for Mina to pay for it.

Mina just turned over to me, ready to bring out her wallet from her purse. She slowly started putting it back afterwards and looked for a table for us to sit in. After I paid for our orders, I followed her to the table and sat across from her.

"To be frank," I started, "do you like girls?"

She seemed flustered with the sudden question.

"I haven't explored that realm."

"Would you be willing to?"

"You're pretty persistent, aren't you?"

"Have you met me?" I laughed.

Soon, the attendant brought us our orders. I finally got my strawberry parfait and she's got her... weird combination: chocolate banana parfait with french fries and americano. Mina stood up and went to the condiment stand. She grabbed a handful of packets. I was wondering what it was until she came back to the table and dropped the packets on her side of the table.

"You must like ketchup for you to grab that much."

"Have you met me?" she mocked.

Mina sat back down and proceeded to empty out the ketchup packets beside her french fries. She makes me want to order french fries for myself. I watched as she picked up a lot of ketchup with one french fry as if one packet of ketchup was for one piece of fry. I'm in love with a weirdo.

"You like strawberries I'm guessing? Or you just picked that out of random?" she asked as she picked up a fry, grabbed a full scoop of ketchup, and put it in .

"Strawberries are my favorite fruit," I replied as I picked up a strawberry to eat with the long spoon they give us to eat the parfait.

"I wouldn't have guessed."

"Are fruits for certain personalities only?" I giggled.

"You're pretty badass, in my honest opinion," she blushed.

"What should I be eating then?" I asked as I put my spoon back on the parfait glass. I put both my elbows on the table and put my chin on both of the palm of my hands, giving her the best aegyo I could pull at that moment.

"Stop it," she blushed and proceeded to cool down with her parfait.

This date was going well. I've learned a couple of things about Mina but she's still shy as ever. Of course, I'm not going to give up and I will definitely win her heart. She will be mine.

 

I woke up having another headache and another memory flashback. All I heard was a screaming woman. I don't understand why I keep having these headaches. I don't want to go to the doctor at all. It's just a waste of time. These pain meds won't work. The headaches and flashbacks only come in bouts. Anyway, I should prep myself so I can hang out with Mina again.

I took a long shower to relax and clear out my memory. My hands were dirty but I don't remember going somewhere dirty last night. It's been happening every once in a while, as far as I've noticed. It's not like I've been drinking either. Anyway, just clear your memory Son Chaeyoung!

I hopped out of the shower and dressed myself up in a more comfortable fashion. I put on some joggers, a breezy shirt, and some comfortable walking shoes. I gathered my belongings and walked off the apartment to start my day with Mina once again. Rinse and repeat!

 

The door to the realty office opened and I soon saw them trickle their way out of the door. Mina looked over to the side and smiled at the sight of me.

"It seems like you've got what you wished," her assertive co-worker smirked.

"I'll only get what I wish if Mina marries me," I responded.

Her co-workers cheered on while Mina just looked to the side embarrassed. She proceeded to walk away fast a little after.

"Wait!" I shouted and ran over to her.

I was wondering what we should do this time. Maybe I should take her to go to a karaoke?

"Hey, do you like singing?" I asked her.

Mina's face lit up upon my question.

"I'm guessing that's a yes?" I giggled, "let's go to a noraebang then! I have to go to work in 3 hours so we have time at least."

"I haven't been to a karaoke in a while! And if I even go, I usually go by myself," she confessed.

"Well then, I feel special," I smiled cheekily.

 

I took her to a really nice noraebang place. It was one of the most luxurious looking noraebangs out there that served top quality foods and snacks. They even serve steak! I mean, where do you even get that out of any noraebang? Of course, I want the both of us to have the best dates and experiences together. We proceeded over the counter, checked-in a room for an hour, and ordered a bunch of drinks and snacks. She ordered french fries again with lots of ketchup. Next time, I should probably take her to a place that serves the best french fries.

"Go ahead and sing first," I offered.

"How about you start first?"

"I guess," I sighed. Maybe she needed to break her shyness even more.

I took the little controller from the table and browsed through some music. I put in Justin Bieber's list because I've loved singing his songs for a while now. It's also my go-to when it comes to singing in a noraebang with my friends.

The music started playing and I saw Mina proceeding to clap to the beat of the music. I prepared myself for the verses until it came on.

"I'd like to be anything you want. Hey girl," I pointed to her as I sang the verse, "let me talk to you."

She smiled and kept looking at me and the screen while she listened to me sing.

"If I was your girlfriend, I'll never let you go. Keep you on my arms girl. You'll never be alone."

I kept singing Justin Bieber's "Boyfriend" as if I wanted to say all these words towards her. Of course, I put on my best performance in front of her. After all, she's the only audience I want in my life at the moment.

When my song choice was done, I handed her over the controller machine. She was browsing through the music until the noraebang attendant came in with our drink and snack orders. I immediately picked up my drink and sipped on it. I have to keep myself hydrated if I'm going to keep singing and keep my throat hydrated from being dry.

"Will that be all?" the attendant asked.

"For now, thank you," I told them and they exited the room.

Finally, Mina picked a song. It was from CNBlue. The song was called "I'm a loner".

"Look, look at me, me. Look at me straight in the eyes..." she proceeded to sing the verse.

I cheered on as she sang her song, hyping her up as well so she can lose her shyness. I snacked on in the middle as well.

"I'm a loner. I'm a loner..."

I wonder if this song reflects on what she's been feeling as well. She does seem to be a loner so I wouldn't be surprised.

"Love is going. Love is leaving..."

Her voice is actually pure and sweet. I would love to hear her singing voice more.

As her song was coming to a close. I proceeded to choose another song so we wouldn't be wasting money and time in the noraebang.

"Chris Brown?" she questioned.

"There can be one only you ahhh ahh ahhhh... and baby God could never make two..."

I see Mina bobbing her head to the beat as she proceeded to eat her french fries. A full scoop of ketchup and the mix into . As I sang my song, to her, I found her eating alluring. Everything seemed so slow and my heart was just pounding... and pounding...

"Chaeyoung!"

 

My eyes slowly opened to a white ceiling. It was pretty quiet around. All I hear is a monitor beeping... beeping... wait... am I in a hospital?! I immediately sat up and saw Mina startled at my sudden action. I looked around and saw nothing else. I gave a sigh of relief.

"Are you alright? What happened?" she asked all worried.

"Ah... I'm going to miss work aren't I?"

"You've passed out in the middle of a song. It's been 5 hours since then," she explained.

"I have to call my boss---"

"You're finally awake."

I saw the doctor coming in and a nurse was right beside him to assist. He checked the monitor and whispered something on the nurse. The nurse proceeded to write down my vitals.

"Son Chaeyoung... I went through your records and saw your long history," he proceeded to look over at Mina.

Mina stood up, bowed at us, and walked out of the room. Wait, I need her right this moment. I don't trust the doctors!

"It seems you have been getting worse once again..."

"Get me out of here!" I shrieked.

I was in panic mode. My mind was closing in and I was hyperventilating. What if Mina sees this? What if Mina knows about this? I can't let Mina see me like this? She can't know about this! I'm going to lose her aren't I?

"You're probably feeling better now but it's dangerous to release you at the moment," the doctor told me.

"Look, I don't need to be seen again!" I shouted at him in anger.

The monitor was beeping louder and louder. I couldn't take it off of my head. I feel like I'm about to pass out. Everything was moving slowly. The doctor held me down while the nurse ran out of the room. I saw Mina from the little slit of open space from the door. She looked really worried.

Don't walk away from me... please...

 

I woke up once again. I saw the same sight... plain white boring ceiling. I sat up slowly but I found nobody right beside me. It was dark outside. I wonder what time was it today. Maybe I should get out of here.

I put on the slippers that was prepped on my bedside and walked over to the door. I slowly opened it and peered outside and saw two men seeming to guard the door to my room. What are they doing here? They looked over at me. I rushed out of the room but they caught me quickly. I saw the nurses and the same doctor run over to me. Again, everything was slowing down. From afar, I saw Mina standing in the middle of the corridor. Everyone was blurred out but her. I guess she's seeing this at the moment. I hope she can look away.

"Get off me!" I yelled.

The two men guarding the door picked me up and brought me back inside the room. They sat me down on my bed while the nurse injected something onto me. Soon, I started to calm down.

"Who are these guys?" I asked the nurse.

"We're from the police department. You are wanted for the murders of 4 female subjects," one of the men explained.

"That can't be true! I'm a good person! I don't do anything but spend time with Mina and go to work at night!"

"We've found enough evidence to link you to the murders of these 4 victims. We're going to have to arrest you."

The other guy pulled out his handcuffs and locked both of my hands on my back. They escorted me out of the room as I looked down on the floor. What did I ever do to those 4 female subjects they're talking about? I'm young and still have a lot to live for. I still need to make Mina mine.

I saw one of the men approach Mina and explain what was going on. I just saw her drop the plastic bag she was carrying with the surprised look she had. She turned over to me but I couldn't tell her anything. Tears were just flowing down my face.

She doesn't deserve to know what was going on! That's not me at all! You're ruining everything for me! 

 

We arrived at the police station where they took pictures of me and took down details. They proceeded to take me to an interrogation room and harrassed me with questions. I just looked at the table unfazed with the questions thrown at me. All I could think of was what Mina was probably thinking of me at the moment. I will get out of here. I will make her mine.

Soon, they seemed to have given up and threw me at one of the cells. I was isolated from the other detainees in the precint. I heard footsteps coming closer and I looked up to see who it was.

"It's been a while, Chaeyoung."

It was that freaking doctor. Useless trash.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I was called over to explain your mental history. Tell me, you didn't mean to do any of these things, right?"

"I never did them in the first place!"

"Was it Sandy that did it then?"

Sandy? Oh right... damn.

"Chaeyoung, it was important that you tell them the truth. Sandy did all of this. It wasn't you. I know deep inside that you're a good girl."

"I don't even remember Sandy taking over. To be honest, I forgot all about it. I was well. I was doing fine. I didn't need your help anymore!" I shouted.

"Your schizophrenia can be controlled. Sandy can be controlled, Chaeyoung. You need to keep visiting me so we can keep Sandy from coming out," my shrink told me.

"What can I do? It's not like I can tell the police that Sandy was behind it all. After all, Sandy is me."

"She's not you, you're good and Sandy is back. You need to fight her!"

But was it really Sandy all along? I don't know anymore. I just know, when I get out of here, if I ever do, Mina will only look at me.

---

A/N: I was going to claim this as the "EXPLICIT" version. I wonder if I should make a "CLEAN" version to make it all innocent and bubbly. Also, I'm sorry it took so long. I'm watching TWICE videos on Youtube while writing this and I keep getting distracted. Also, I probably need to stop watching True Crime type of documentaries. It influenced my writing LOL.