Ya Ya Ya, I like You!

Unfair! |Do Kyungsoo x Reader x Byun Baekhyun FanFic|

"Why won't you eat?" He said, and it automatically had your heart race. It's because of you ! You thought to yourself. You've been feeling tired since last night for the coffee you indulged all night long because of the stress as your mind was occupied with Do Kyungsoo, your ever best friend. You've been with him since your childhood because your parents and his parents were the best of friends since they were in college. And right now that you're in college with him, your best friend, you never thought of being together with him in a romantic way. Because best friends are best friends. No more, no less. This has been your principle since grade school.

 

You didn't really know what has gotten into you when you realized that you liked Kyungsoo. You've never thought of that even in grade school, middle school, but well now in college, you were. You dropped your head on the table and frowned because you're getting tired of having your heart shaking because Kyungsoo wouldn't leave you for even a second. Well that has always been your routine.

 

"Yah, Kim Jieun, get up." He shook your shoulders and then offered you a scoop of yoghurt which you lazily declined. "You're being lazy Jieun. What's the matter? Are you sick?" He swooped his hand on your forehead and neck which caught you. But then immediately you swayed it away and said that you didn't have a fever. "A-hey you're definitely hot and flush-- aw!" He insisted and tried to put his hand on your forehead again but you just bit his hand to stop him, which garnered the attentions of Kim Jongdae and Oh Sehun who were on the same table with you.

 

"Hey you two are being clumsy!" Sehun swayed you two away from each other. You offered him a glare because he always did that."You may start bickering each other if I didn't warn you." Sehun explained to you who were still sending him death glares. You also attempted to bite his arm but failed to do so. "You're so clumsy and childish you know Jieun!" Again, Sehun bickered at you. You just rolled your eyes and put a tongue out at him.

 

"Yah Sehun, don't say that to Jieun, she's just having a hard time." Kyungsoo hissed at Sehun and you smiled. That's my best friend. And there you went back to being fluffy and happy since you have Kyungsoo by your side. But you're still flushed at the fact that you liked your best friend. You sighed and looked at Jongdae. You just wished that Jongdae was the one you liked. So that I wouldn't have to lose Kyungsoo. You still stared at him longingly.

 

Jongdae noticed it and gave chills to his bones, "Yah Jieun, why are you looking like that? Are you daydreaming? Falling in love with me?" And he laughed. You didn't even move so Sehun and Kyungsoo looked at you. Sehun, looking surprised said "What the hell. Are you really inlove with Jongd--"

 

"No, she's not." Kyungsoo said without finishing Sehun's statement. You then looked at Kyungsoo asking how he knew that you didn't like Jongdae. And as if he could read minds, Kyungsoo said, "Because you're my best friend!" He eye-smiled as he ruffled your hair, gleaming like a sun. Best friend it is. You repeated to yourself then Kyungsoo stood up and said, "I'll be the first one to notice who she is falling in to."

 

And the bell rang indicating that it's time for your classes to resume. And that bell also indicated how lost you were. Kyungsoo will definitely notice! And you blushed more than you already were.

-

Classes had ended and everything was like the usual except you had feelings for Kyungsoo. You were holding three yellow roses as you waited for your girl best friend, Yoo Naeun. Your brother asked you to give it to her. That sheep!

 

"Jieun!" somebody called and it was Naeun, waving at you in the Architecture Department building. You smiled at her and went up to her giddily until you bumped into someone, causing you to fall.

 

"I'm sorry!" the boy was surprised as well, you looked up to him and told him it was alright but irritation was still written in your face. Then you looked at him once again since his face was familiar to you. "I'm really sorry, how shall I make it up to you?"

 

Sincerity was written all over his face and you saw it. So you just shrugged it off and apologized too. "No, it's alright. I'm sorry too, I'm not looking ahead as well." And you bowed and bid goodbye to him and went up to Naeun to give her the yellow roses.

 

"What?" Naeun's face was filled with confusion as you handed her the roses. "Someone asked me to give it to you."

 

Naeun asked who it was but of course, you couldn't tell. "Is that the reason why you messaged me to meet you here?"

 

"Yes, yes." You answered her then she pouted, "Yah, I thought you wanted to see me that's why you want to meet me."

 

Yoo Naeun was your childhood friend, together with Kyungsoo and your brother. She was the sweet, kind girl that every man would give their attention to. Since she was dense and a fragile girl, you always wanted to protect her.

 

You ruffled her hair as you bid goodbye, "We can always go on dates you know. It's just you're too busy." Then Naeun held your hand and apologized, you were shocked because you never intended to imply negative feelings into her. "Yah, I understand. Architecture is not easy. I'm saying that when you're not busy, we can always hang out." Then she hugged you then Kyungsoo and Chanyeol went up to both of you.

 

"Hey Naeun, how's it going?" Kyungsoo greeted her and Naeun just whined for the stress she was having. It was the first time all of you talked since the classes started.

 

"My class is until 8 o'clock. I should probably go now." Naeun waved goodbye to all of you as she walked up their building. And there your heart went crazy again for walking with Kyungsoo side by side, it's a little relief that Chanyeol was there, but he's not really helping. You thought.

 

You were taking a walk to your home like the usual with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, who was your neighbor. Still having your shoulders dropped because you didn't know what to do, you crouched down and placed your hands to your knees like the child you were. Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and the other students looked at you, some even whispered to each other. But you never minded it because you felt like crying. The least that you wanted in life was being in love with Kyungsoo. "Yah Jieun what are you doing, get up!" Kyungsoo told you but you didn't move.

 

And then some boys headed towards Chanyeol to talk about the basketball championship coming in a month. But you didn't mind that because you never really cared about others. You still had your head bowed down to your knees and in a few minutes that you thought you've calmed down, you brought your head back straight. And that action made your heart stopped beating as you felt you couldn't breathe properly.

 

Kyungsoo also crouched down and was facing you. Even smiling with his eyes almost closed, cheeks up like a hamster, and lips forming into his usual heart-shaped smile beaming at you. Is that the reason why I liked you? You asked Kyungsoo in your mind. "Why are you imitating me?" were the words that came out from your mouth. Then he glared at you and flicked your forehead.

 

Your palms turned into a ball attempting to fight back, but then Kyungsoo leaned towards you which made you halt. He then whispered, "Because of the boys who are with Chanyeol. I can't really relate to them that's why I'm here. And because you're crouching down like that with your oh so short skirt... I'm afraid they'd see your ." He laughed like the dork he was and you didn't hesitate to punch him in the face.

 

"Yah Do Kyungsoo, I'm wearing cycling shorts, how much did you see?!!" You shouted at him, earning a surprise from Chanyeol and his friends. You looked towards them and saw Kris, Minseok, and Junmyeon watching the two of you. You then politely bowed at them and greeted them.

 

"Well I guess we're disturbing you love birds here. Shall we go?" Junmyeon, a senior in the Acapella Club where Kyungsoo was a member of, teased you. And of course you denied it inspite the fact that you really liked Kyungsoo.

 

"We'll take Chanyeol from here since we got some things to be discussed. It might take longer." Kim Minseok, another senior in the Dance Troupe which you were a member of, said. You two said goodbyes to the seniors and Chanyeol, and continued bickering each other while walking down your block.

 

"I swear I didn't see any white laced !" Kyungsoo teased you, He didn't see it, but it's still embarrassing! And you couldn't blush more because of what he's saying. You just stayed silent in embarrassment, even though you two were best friends, having your shorts be seen by anybody was just so embarrassing. And you were mad at him and he saw that. You realized that you had to be more careful around now. Kyungsoo then pointed out, "It's not like I never seen your or shorts before when we were younger!"

 

"That's us being in grade school, we're innocent then." You told him in frustration.

 

"Are we any different now?" Kyungsoo then stopped walking. "Should we feel different towards each other now, huh, Jieun?" He asked you and you were taken aback. You felt so different when Kyungsoo said that as if he knew that you liked him. But then you shook your head. "You shouldn't." Even if I did. You smiled at him. You just wished that he didn't see that fake smile.

 

But on the other hand, that response had made Kyungsoo feel relieved, he then put his arm on your shoulder and happily walked, "Yah I thought that something is really different towards us. Hey Jieun, you know that you're the last one I wanted to lose. I'm really relieved when you chose to be in our department and go with me, not with Naeun." He said as he walked you to your house.

 

You then gave him a glare, "You're not really the reason why I entered our department, you know." You said in a matter-of-factly tone. "I entered this course because I want to write and everything."

 

He then laughed it out and ruffled your hair which made your heart beat faster. He then said goodbye to you immediately. He didn't want to be seen by your brother because definitely, your brother would tease and cling onto him.

 

You held your head where Kyungsoo patted as you walked inside your house. Stop giving me heart attack please. And you were greeted by your brother Kim Jongin, having the serious face with his puffed lips facing you. "Yah Jieun, aren't you being too close to Kyungsoo?" He beamed at you and you rolled your eyes. "Brother, we've known Kyungsoo since like forever. It's not really that bad." Well of course, you liked the feeling and attention of Kyungsoo towards you. You were not ready to lose Kyungsoo yet.

 

"Still, you are teenagers now. We are teenagers now." Jongin pointed out. And though you're tired to fight back, you said. "Oh yeah, says the kid who was about to tease Kyungsoo just now but then Kyungsoo ran and you didn't catch him?" You deadpanned your brother which made him pause.

 

"W-well that's a thing for us guys you know. But you two are different. You're a girl and he's a guy." You looked at your brother, not releasing a hint of feelings you had for Kyungsoo. "You never know he might have feelings for you. Or the other way around. Yah I just want you to be careful of boys from now on."

 

"Really bro? What's the matter?"

 

"W-well, it's because I saw you earlier walking with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. You crouched down unknowingly that your are showing in front, you know." He shouted at you and confronted you about it. Jongin was being the good brother he was, indeed. So you just said sorry for your mistake and childish actions. "Well it's just a relief that Kyungsoo covered you." He muttered but you sure heard it. You stared at him asking him how and he explained, "He saw the other boys coming, and in order for them not to see your body is that he crouched down in front of you so it won't be so obvious and revealing. Yah know he saw your shorts and don't want others to see it too. You better get your actions straight Jieun. It's not like me or Kyungsoo will always be there to protect you."

 

Your brother explained. And you realized it now, Kyungsoo protected me. You smiled at the thought. It was so sweet that your mind was focused on Kyungsoo subtly looking after you. And maybe that's why I like you. 

 

A week has passed and you thanked the heavens that you had calmed down a bit. But you never failed to notice the things Kyungsoo did to you, Was he always like that? You tended to ask yourself. Aside from the fluttering feelings you had, you started to see that he was handsome indeed, no wonder there were girls in your campus who confessed to him before.

 

It was two o'clock in the afternoon when the Dance Troupe asked for a meeting. And you sighed in relief because finally you would be away from Kyungsoo. "Senior Yixing is now calling us for the meeting. We should go." You said as you glanced at Sehun who was munching a biscuit.

 

You were fixing your things inside your bag when you felt a tug on your shirt. It's Kyungsoo, looking up to you, Oh my gosh he's so cute! You blushed as you slowly looked at him, "Can't you not go? I'm alone here." He whined and you suddenly felt that you really didn't want to go.

 

But you ignored that, of course, "You have Jongdae to talk to you. And as if you are not close to our classmates, okay?" you told him but he just pouted. This is exhausting! Why is he being like this, does he like me? You brushed your thoughts off, you knew it was not true. And you dared not to look at Kyungsoo, because if you did, you might have heart attack, "Jieunaaa~" he whined.

 

"Let's go Sehun." You told Sehun and he followed. And then you turned to Kyungsoo who had his head on the desk, "Kyungsoo, you can go ahead of me when class ended. We may finish up late." You took this chance to avoid Kyungsoo subtly, since you couldn't bother anyone else and affect the other people around you if you avoided him just like that.

 

You left the classroom, glancing a little bit at Kyungsoo who was whining to Jongdae and complaining to what you said earlier. "Aren't you being cold to Kyungsoo?" suddenly Sehun asked you after you took steps down the building.

 

"I'm not being cold." You insisted but still had that cold tone that depicted an unknown kind of loneliness. Of course, you liked your best friend so you missed him more. You wanted more of him, but you knew that you couldn't. You shouldn't have that desire.

 

"You used to go home together even when the sun sets. Is there something wrong? Did he do something for you to be mad about?" Sehun continued to ask you questions. But you definitely couldn't tell anything to Sehun if you didn't want to be busted. Sehun was the type who enjoyed teasing others so telling him your secret was a no-go.

 

"No, Kyungsoo didn't do something. I was just conscious." You said then Sehun tilted his head towards you to ask you to continue, "You know, I don't want to take advantage of our friendship."

 

Sehun then had his brows a little furrowed, "Nobody takes advantage of someone when it comes to helping." He explained, "I never think that you take advantage of me, of Jongdae hyung, of Kyungsoo hyung. Of course, hyung wouldn't even think about that." He reassured you. You liked the Sehun you were talking to right now. But then you thought to yourself, I already took advantage of Kyungsoo. I took all of his deeds towards me in a different way. And I think keeping him by my side is taking advantage too somehow. "You're his best friend." And that's the reason why you liked to avoid him when the moment gave you the opportunity.

 

"Luhan!" You saw the brown-haired boy inside the meeting room. You skipped to go towards Luhan, your cute little baby. You pinched his cheeks but he didn't even look at you as if he's busy with something, "Yaaah, why didn't you attend the class today? I was looking for you." You pouted when he looked at you with the cold eyes he had.

 

"How come you look at me, you are always looking at Kyungsoo these days." There's a hint of jealousy in Luhan's words, but you didn't notice it. "That's right Luhan hyung!" Sehun butted in, "She's giving Kyungsoo a cold shoulder but she always stares at him!" Sehun rolled his eyes at you. "What if it was Kyungsoo who's giving you one, what would you feel huh?" Sehun deadpanned you. How much it might hurt you but Sehun was right. But you couldn't do anything about it either. You just looked down and pouted.

 

"Sehun's right, Jieun." Luhan told you. You just smiled to reassure them that you would not be cold to Kyungsoo anymore. But only if you knew how I feel, how much I am suffering. I don't do anything without a reason. Your thoughts suddenly stopped when Yixing clapped, earning your attentions.

 

"Oh Minseok hyung's not here yet." Sehun said, looking all over the place in case you guys just didn't see him. But he's nowhere to be found. "Have you seen him?" You guys just shook your heads then paid attention to the stage where Yixing, the senior of the Dance Troupe, and a representative of the Acapella Club, were.

 

"Listen guys." Yixing called and started explaining, "Well I guess some of you already know the big event coming up in two months." And the others started mumbling with each other. While you blinked your eyes thinking of what he was talking about. "We'll have a concert in the campus, a concert wherein the songs that we will be dancing to will be the composed songs of the Acapella Club. We will also be collaborating with the Performing Arts Organization since we're under them."

 

"With that big event coming, our department had allowed us to use the music room in our department and for those who wanted to join the PAO, you can consult then and go to the practice room beside the gymnasium." And everyone clapped at the great news.

 

"For those who wanted to dance in our concert, you can do Group or Solo. Just submit us your applications and choreograph a routine so we can include you in the program. But we'll minimize the entries into three because the Acapella Club will also perform their own composed songs." Yixing then explained. "You guys can also cover dance routines if you want to." He added.

 

You then looked at Luhan and he noticed it, "You're joining, right?" You told him and he sheepishly nodded his head. And then you smiled knowing the talent of your precious friend. You beamed at him, "Yeah I will cheer for you!!"

 

"Aren't you going to join?" He then asked you. But you said no. The others heard it and looked at you, saying, "Yah Jieun, why don't you join? All of us here know that you are good in dancing."

 

"Are you joining the PAO and Kyungsoo instead?" Sehun asked. "Because if you are, then I would join to. Let's choreograph the music they will create!"

 

"Oh shut up Sehun, I cannot really do it you know." But it will be fun. You told yourself, regretting your decision, you always had the passion to compose songs and dance to it.

 

"Just tell us if you have made a decision. If you're worried about me because I'll be choreographing a solo, I can also join you guys if you're going to perform with them." Luhan said and the two of you nodded.

 

"Okay, I'll make sure that the others will be informed." Sehun raised his hand and you both nod. Yixing dismissed the meeting and then called up to you.

 

"Yes, why Yixing?" You said, dragging Sehun and Luhan with you.

 

"Well you do know that you guys are going to handle the club next year, right?" Yixing was a straightforward person in times like this but he was a really soft-hearted one. The three of you gawked at what he said making him laugh at your faces. "Yes, that's usually what's happening in this club. Since you're ones of the active members of the club and we'll be stepping down the positions, we appoint you to be the next officers. And with that, we need you to choreograph a song that we can perform with Baekhyun and the Acapella Club." You then all looked at the representative who was with Yixing earlier.

 

You looked at Baekhyun and blinked your eyes at him. It seemed that you had seen him before, and then his eyes were filled with excitement when he saw you, saying, "Three yellow roses girl!"

 

And you were confused, you looked around your surroundings to see if there's a girl with three yellow roses. "It's you!" and he patted your shoulders awkwardly. You pointed at yourself, "Why me?"

 

"Yesterday! I bumped into you! You're holding three yellow roses." Baekhyun explained and there you remembered, it was the sincere guy from yesterday. "I'm really glad I'll be working with you." He smiled at you and said, "Don't worry, we'll help you. Yes, we'll be composing a song and you will be making a routine. So we'll make sure that the song could be danced to as well." Baekhyun explained. And the three of you looked at each other, having the same feelings that it would be hard for you.

 

"We will call up a meeting every week so be prepared. At least two weeks for the melody, two weeks for the lyrics, and the whole month for the choreography. We'll help each other out. So be prepared to spend late night practices anytime this month."

 

You were confused at what they were saying, so you asked them to stop so you could ask questions. "Wait up. First, I haven't made my mind up yet for the making of the routine, but I'm confused, why are you telling me your plans in composing melody and lyrics, I sure am won't get involved with that." You clarified to them.

 

Then Yixing and Baekhyun looked at each other. Yixing bit his lips and prepared to explain to you. "I'm sorry Jieun but we all know your talent." He simply said which made you shake your head. "And of course, Luhan's talent as well. We'll take you as part of the composing the song, don't worry, we'll do the work!"

 

"B-but Luhan will be composing and entering a routine for the concert!" You beamed at them, knowing that Luhan really wanted to dance in front of everyone. It was his dream to perform his own songs in front of people.

 

"Well then, I guess we'll just take you! Thanks!" Baekhyun immediately took your hand and shook it, as if dealing with an agreement. You noticed that his hand was gripping yours as if he really needed your help. You couldn't help but sigh and accept the work. He hugged you which surprised you and others around, but you guessed that he was just a bubbly person.

 

"Let's all be prepared! Oh and since you're the only girl within us, probably we'll be doing it in your place for your safety. So better inform your parents." Yixing pointed out and you whined at him. "We have to do it Jieun~ please." Yixing showed you his dimple which you couldn't always resist. You hated him for that. You sighed but the looks in their faces were shining in glee.

 

"It's not something to be happy about." You frowned at them and they laughed, "So that you know that we won't harm you, alright?" And you couldn't say no.

 

Upon hearing the news of your seniors about the coming event, the three of you were looking really tired as if you already started what you have to do. You almost forgot that thing about Kyungsoo. You grabbed Luhan's arm and shook it, "I don't know what to do Luhan!" You exclaimed.

 

"Neither do I! I never thought having this big responsibility the seniors passed onto us." Luhan felt like crying and there was Sehun, staring at nowhere with the news all over his head.

 

"Isn't it a bit unfair that they made us do this?" You said not knowing then a senior heard your wailing.

 

Suddenly, that senior put his arm on Sehun's shoulder which woke him up and you were surprised. "No, it isn't unfair. We did that too last year!" In all honesty, you didn't know who this guy was but you remembered that he was with Chanyeol yesterday.

 

"What do you mean Kris hyung?" Luhan asked and there you remembered. He was also with your twin brother most of the time. "Well, we also composed and choreographed a song last year." Then you nodded at his explanation. Well I guess this is really our fate.

 

You looked down the ground as you walked because the news made you tired. The sun is setting and you could see the shadows of your bodies. Maybe this is an opportunity to avoid Kyungsoo. Yeah, hang in there Jieun, eventually the feelings will fade.

 

"Kyungsoo?" Or not. You suddenly lifted your face and saw Kyungsoo on the side of the pathway, probably waiting for you. You fluttered at the feeling but chose to hate it. "Yah I told you go home wi-"

 

And Kyungsoo walked past you. "Yah Kris hyung, I've been waiting for you." He greeted the older one and you gulped because he just ignored you, right? So this is the feeling. You looked down the ground again and sighed in embarrassment. You thought he was waiting for you. And maybe you wished for it.

 

A flick on your forehead, and there your heart went beating faster again. "And you, you'll be composing a song too, right?" He said the news which made you open your mouth in surprise. What in the... "Then, shall we start?" And there his heart-shaped smile awakened something inside of you again, as if you were falling anew, again and again.

 

"So, you are composing the song, too?" Sehun said, having that little hint of something he was not yet sure of, but because of the red face you were having, these conclusions were all in his mind, resulting to him smirking at you and Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo excitedly nodded at Sehun and he held both of your wrists and shook it. "I suggested it to Kris and Yixing hyung that you'd lead the music too, since they appointed me to lead. I know you're good in composing too!" But then you stopped his hands shaking you and frowned at him. "Yah Kyungsoo? Why would you do that?"

 

Your brows were furrowed towards him but he pouted and said, "Because if it isn't you, I wouldn't be comfortable working with others."

 

Your face reddened more at Kyungsoo's words. You know he didn't mean anything romantic but still, you ears tingled. "You're happy right?" Kyungsoo asked cutely and you couldn't say no and just smiled. The thing you were hiding since then.

 

How can I unlike you Do Kyungsoo.