Vivid Dreams pt. 2

Mirage

A/N some important notes at the end ^^

 


While Yuna and Yewon headed back to the human realm, Eunha was venturing off towards the academy where the mages were. She heard that Sojung was currently in her study at the second floor of the grand Victorian era style building. When she reached the place, she could see some of the mages entering and leaving the premises of the building and it amazed her how crowded everything seemed with everyone going towards various parts of the place. She’s never seen so much mages in a single spot, thankfully she had her fairy form to help her weave through the large crowd and arrive to her destination with no problem. Of course, she can just teleport there, but the mage still wasn’t receptive to her as compared to before so it would be better if she didn’t alarm her with her sudden visit.

 

Heading straight to the second floor, she transformed back into human form before approaching the door, her hand just about to grab the door knob but then remembered the past instances when she forgot to knock. Drawing her hand back and lifting it up against the door, she swallowed slightly before placing three soft knocks against it and waiting patiently for a response on the other end.

 

She didn’t actually understand what came over her to make her decide to pay Sojung a visit, not after the treatment she’s received from the mage so far, but a part of her just wanted to be with Sojung again. It felt weird that she wasn’t by her side, doing rounds and inspecting realms, reprimanding her when she becomes a bit too harsh with her words. These were things that she’s gotten used to doing whenever Sojung had some duties to do, and they were things that Eunha considered as a date, so long as she was with her, then she couldn’t exactly ask for more.

 

“Come in.” a voice from inside the room shook her from her deep thoughts. Blinking rapidly, she held the knob with a shaky hand and pushed the door open, peeking inside right at the spot where Sojung was currently at. The mage was busy sitting behind her desk, flipping through a book that she assumed was a book of potions, which reminded her of what they are about to attempt soon, elevating her nervousness.

 

“Eunha? What is it?” Sojung called, gaining her attention, “Did something happen with the fairies again?”

 

Eunha fully entered the room and closed the door behind her, “Again? What happened last time?”

 

Sojung frowned slightly making Eunha want to look away at how intimidating her stare felt. There wasn’t an ounce of affection, nor a single positive emotion coming from the mage as far as Eunha could sense. All Eunha could feel was annoyance from the latter.

 

“If you’re here just to bother me—“

 

“I came to check up on you!” Eunha quickly spoke up before Sojung dismissed her, “I heard that you’ve been working the whole day since your arrival and I… well I’m your assistant as well as the council healer so I wanted to check up on you to make sure you’re not overworking yourself.”

 

“I see…” Sojung just nodded. She seemed to have bought her excuse and that relieved her, “I’m doing fine as you can see. Thank you for going through the trouble, but it’s not necessary.”

 

Eunha visibly frowned at this. It didn’t take a genius to know that it was her way to dismiss her without sounding too harsh though she was sure that she won’t hesitate to tell her to leave if it wasn’t for her reasoning.

 

“You…” Eunha mumbled, her eyes not leaving the mage’s figure.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“You’ve really changed, Sojung.” she continued, feeling her energy being sapped away the more she stayed in the room. She wanted to leave, “This isn’t you.”

 

Without another word, she closed her eyes and felt herself transporting away without even bothering to see the mage’s reaction. She wanted to get away from there as fast as she could. It felt suffocating, how badly she wanted to approach her but she couldn’t even bring herself to take another step closer. She could remember how tense she felt, how badly she wanted to be angry at the woman for making her feel all these emotions she’s going through, how frustrated she was that Sojung had become the person that she was as if it was her fault.

 

Eunha wanted so bad to blame the woman for everything going wrong but knew that she couldn’t because Sojung was a victim too.

 

If there was anyone to blame, it would be her. Right, this was her fault in the first place. If only she didn’t tell her about the cactus flower, she would never have been enchanted. She wouldn’t be acting this way. She wouldn’t brush her off like this. Everything would be the same as it was, her by Sojung’s side and Sojung loving her like she always has.

 

Feeling herself arrive at her home, she stumbled towards the door to her bedroom and entered, flopping herself down on the bed without care and buried her face against her soft pillows.

 

She felt so tired.

 

This day was dragging on longer than she wanted it to. She felt as if a century has already passed but it was still an hour before the sun set. Everything that happened felt so long ago, it almost seemed unnatural for time to flow so slowly, but she accounted it to just everything happening all at once that she lost track of time and didn’t even bother to pay any attention to it.

 

Their plan was to be set in motion that night, during dinner, so as much as she wanted to just head to bed and sleep everything away, she had to keep awake for the sake of the plan. On the bright side, after this, if the plan succeeds, they’ll have the old Sojung back and everything will be back to normal.

 

Though the words of the oracle still bother her.

 

The Sojung you know no longer exists.

 

Eunha willingly paid half of her life just to know the future. The question is how far into the future did the oracle look into.

 

If the oracle’s words stay true until tomorrow, then it means their plan was doomed to fail.

 

---

 

“What drink is that? It’s really small.” Sinb asked, eyeing the bottle in Yewon’s hands. The human smiled and held it up better for them to see.

 

The group was currently at the Great Tree once more, deciding that it would be safer for them to meet there than the council room and risking themselves being caught by the mage.

 

“It’s an energy drink. They usually come in these sizes so it’s easy to carry around.” she explained.

 

“An energy drink?”

 

“Yeah, you drink it when you feel tired or you feel sleepy…”

 

Yuna stared, “When you feel sleepy then just sleep.”

 

“It’s not a good idea to force yourself awake if you’re tired.” Yerin agreed, eyes furrowed upon hearing the purpose of the drink.

 

Yewon shook her head, chuckling slightly, “You don’t have to drink it when you don’t need to.” Yewon quickly said, “It’s only when you need to stay up like when feel tired but there’s some work that needs to be finished.”

 

They all had looks of understanding once they heard the example.

 

“So I thought that it would be a good idea to bring Sojung-unnie something like this. I heard she likes to work a lot, so I thought that it’ll be easier to make her drink it if we told her what it does.” Yewon smiled proudly at the nods of approval coming from the group upon hearing her reasoning.

 

“Why does it have to be so small though…?”

 

“Too much of it will keep you awake for days.”

 

Sinb shivered, “That’s not something I want to go through again.” Sinb sighed slightly, remembering their fight with Grimina.

 

“Will this… will this really work?” Eunha asked with uncertainty. She wasn’t the type to think negatively about things, and instead would motivate them further, but just the thought of putting Yewon in harm’s way was doing things to her conscience at the moment.

 

“It’ll have to.” Yerin said, “We’re not sure, but at least we’re doing something.”

 

“And we won’t know until we go for it.” Sinb added.


Sooyoung then approached the group while holding up a small vial with a purplish liquid inside, “Here’s your cure. Remember, your leader has to drink everything or it won’t work.” Yewon nodded in understanding as she poured the contents of the vial into the bottle.

 

“I want to go with her.” Yuna declared, turning to Yerin for approval who just nodded.

 

“It would be weird if Yewon was to go alone after all.” Yerin said, “Meanwhile we’ll be going on ahead of you so that it wouldn’t be suspicious that we’re all in the room at the same time.”

 

The nymph turned to Eunha, “Eunha…”


“I know.” she just smiled at her, assuring her that she’ll be fine. She knew that she can’t go with them. For a reason she still doesn’t understand, Sojung has some sort of hatred for her presence. Her earlier visit was more than enough evidence of that.

 

Sooyoung had surmised that perhaps the enchantment completely reversed Sojung’s behavior, making her like what she originally disliked, and disliked what she originally liked. Either way, Eunha didn’t really care much for what the enchantment did, she just wants Sojung back.

 

“I’ll be fine. I’ll be waiting for news…”

 

“We’ll make sure that it’s good news.” Sinb pat her head teasingly causing a pout to form on Eunha’s face.

 

Yerin and Sinb then left, Eunha letting out a sigh as soon as they departed. She feels a bit bad that she isn’t able to do anything when it should be her that should be doing the most at that moment. She can only watch as her friends do all the work to get Sojung back to her senses.

 

She looked up when she felt a hand hold onto hers, seeing Yuna reaching out and giving her an assuring smile, “It’ll be fine.”

 

“We’ll make sure Sojung-unnie drinks this cure and then you and Sojung-unnie can go back to being a cute couple again.” Yewon grinned at the bashful look Eunha sported.

 

“Are you perhaps worried about the oracle?” Yuna asked to which Eunha nodded.

 

“I asked for the future, remember? I’m just worried how far into the future she saw.” she explained.

 

Yuna and Yewon shared a look before reverting their gaze back to the fairy, “I don’t think it’ll turn out too badly if we fail to administer the cure. Sojung hasn’t shown any sign of being violent or being dangerous. At most she’s… well she’s exhibited hatred towards you.” Eunha grimaced upon hearing that, “But I don’t think she’ll hurt us in any way. It just means we can find another way until we succeed in getting her back.”

 

Eunha turned to the shapeshifter, nodding her head in agreement, “You’re right, I should have more faith in you. But we never know what’ll happen so stay safe, alright?” she turned to Yewon, “Promise me.” she held out her pinkie for the human to seal the deal.


Yewon could only smile before acquiescing, holding out her pinkie and hooking it with the fairy’s.

 

“I promise.”

 

---

 

It went badly.

 

No, it went worse than what she expected.

 

Upon hearing Yewon’s urgent message from the communication orb, she had rapidly teleported herself to the mage’s study in the academy only to be crestfallen at the sight that met her as soon as she arrived. Yewon was cradling an unconscious Yuna in her arms, Yerin and Sinb standing protectively before her prone figure while facing Sojung whose expression nearly bordered fury. Eunha didn’t exactly know what went on, but it was serious the moment she caught glimpse of Yerin’s eyes glowing green and Sinb’s a blazing silver, her bow out and ready to be used.

 

“Eunha-unnie!” Yewon strangled cry shook her out of her thoughts. She sprinted to Yuna’s side, almost crashing to her knees as soon as she reached the unconscious shapeshifter.

 

“What happened?” she quickly asked the panicking human who struggled to reply, but she managed to understand that Yuna was hit on the side and so she set off to work, gently turning her so she can check the wound more properly.

 

She gasped.

 

There was a severe burn mark on Yuna’s left torso, no doubt coming from a spell. She had tons of questions going through her mind at that moment, but Yuna’s injury was a priority. Without wasting time, she gathered as much energy as she could and placed her palms above the wound, doing her hardest to fix all the damaged areas that she could feel.

 

“You think I wouldn’t know that you were plotting something behind my back?” growled Sojung, her eyes glowing a dark purple. Eunha noticed Sinb’s hold on her bow tightening.

 

“That’s not what’s going on here!” Sinb exclaimed.

 

“You brought that witch in our realm!” Sojung retaliated, “After every single problem that we’ve had with witches, you have to audacity to welcome one here!

 

“I expected more from you Yerin.” she turned to the nymph who glared back, “After that fight we had with Grimina—“

 

“Have you completely forgotten what exactly happened then Sojung?” she cut her off, “Sooyoung was there to help!”

 

“A witch will always be a witch! Help? Don’t make me laugh.”

 

“What in the world has gotten into you…?” Yerin could only stare in exasperation.

 

“I should be asking you that.”

 

“Sojung, listen to yourself!”

 

“Enough! You’ve clearly been manipulated by that witch Yerin.” Sojung took out her grimoire, her eyes glowing brighter than before, “You know that you can’t defeat me, so it would be better if you give it up now.”

 

“Sojung please put that down, there’s no need for that.”

 

“And risk letting my guard down?”

 

“Sojung, let’s just talk this through. You’re clearly not yourself…”

 

“Maybe if you told me what you’ve been planning behind my back, then perhaps you can convince me.”

 

Sinb huffed, “We’ve told you again and again, you’ve been enchanted!” she spoke up in frustration, “And we just brought you the cure and even then how could even think of hurting Yewon?! Now look what you’ve done!”

 

Sinb gestured to Yuna who Eunha was still trying her best to patch up. The wound was deep, she didn’t really expect any less if it was Sojung’s spell that caused this and it was taking all her energy just to keep the wound from getting any worse. Healing it was a different story and the agony the human was going through as she cried at Yuna’s state wasn’t helping her even a bit.

 

“Eunha-unnie…”

 

“She’ll be fine Yewon.” she looked up at her and offered her a strained smile, “I… I won’t stop until she’s completely okay.”

 

Yuna had jumped in harm’s way just to save Yewon and she could sense the agitation coming from everyone in the room. If she didn’t work quickly, everyone was going to be hurt.

 

With that in thought, she intensified her healing.

 

Sojung just shook her head while Sinb let out a loud, tired sigh.

 

“I’m not enchanted. I’m sure I’m okay.”

 

“You attacked an innocent woman. That’s not okay!”

 

“I was under the threat of being poisoned by that unknown drink. I did what I had to do.”

 

“I can’t believe this…” Sinb brushed her hair back with her hands in utter disbelief.

 

Sojung remained unfazed, thinking that her actions were justifiable. It was then that they knew that she was too far gone to be convinced with words.

 

Sinb’s eyes burned a hot silver as she stared back at the mage, “If we can’t convince you with words, we’ll have to force you to drink it.”

 

Eunha’s eyes widened when she heard the declaration. She opened , about to yell out her protest, but Sojung had already attacked first. Thankfully, Yerin was quick enough to conjure a barrier to protect them from the brunt of the attack.

 

“Stop!” Eunha yelled out but fell on deaf ears as Sinb drew her bow and fired, Sojung dodging to the side just in time before aiming a counter spell that Yerin deflected.

 

Forget about trying to heal Yuna. If this went on, she was more than sure that they’ll have worse things to deal with.

 

“Yewon-ah.” Eunha turned frantically to the human who was watching the fight with wide frightened eyes, “Yewon!”

 

She turned to her, the fairy grabbing both her arms and tried to pull her up, “Yewon you have to get out of here!”

 

“But unnie…!”


“Yuna’s okay, she’s not fully healed, but she’ll live.” she quickly said, succeeding in getting the human up to her feet, “But you have to get out of here.”

 

“How about you…?”

 

“I have to stop this before anyone else gets hurt. Now go! Hurry!”

 

Yewon was hesitant to just leave the fairy alone but one glance at Yuna’s current state was all the convincing that she needed to make a move. Once Eunha was sure that Yewon was safely out, she turned to the chaos currently happening between the three representatives. Thankfully, none of them seemed to be sustaining any injuries, but it was just a matter of time before someone got hurt badly. What with them throwing dangerous attack one after the other without any hint of hesitation, it’s a surprise they haven’t destroyed the place completely yet.

 

Sojung threw another spell that Yerin was quick to defend against, Sinb firing at her rapidly while she had her guard down, but the mage was quicker and managed to chant out a stronger spell to defend against the arrows at the same time attack Sinb unaware.

 

The spell connected, and Sinb was flown back.

 

“Sinb!” Yerin turned, leaving her back completely open which Sojung was quick to exploit. She raised her hand, about to cast another spell. Seeing this, Eunha let out a loud yell, slamming her hands down to the floor and bathing the room in a bright white light. She had charged up enough energy to blind everyone in the room, but she was sure that it wouldn’t last so she went over to Yerin, grabbed her and led her to where Sinb lay. Thankfully, she didn’t look too hurt, and had managed to defend herself somewhat from the spell.

 

“We need to get away.” Eunha told them, “We can’t win against her like this…”

 

Without waiting for a response, she held onto the two, beginning to muster the remaining energy that she had to transport all three of them out of the place, but Yuna’s healing had taken out too much of her.

 

The white light soon diminished, revealing Sojung in the center of the room still standing tall and radiating authority with the way she looked down at them with her face completely devoid of emotion.

 

Sinb tried to get up, but failed, the previous attack had damaged her leg leaving her unable to move.

 

“I don’t want to hurt you any more than I already have.” Sojung told them, her hand raised.

 

Sinb scoffed, “Isn’t it too late to say that now? We… We’ve worked together for the longest time, but you just easily attack us like this. Eunha was right after all.” she shook her head in complete disappointment, “The Sojung we know really is gone.”

 

“I have to do this—“

 

Why? Why do you have to?” Eunha asked desperately, not understanding what was going on with her mind for her to resort to hurting them.

 

Sojung’s brows furrowed at this, and for a moment, for the smallest moment Eunha could sense hesitation.

 

“What…” the mage mumbled, “What am I doing…?”

 

Eunha perked up.


“No, they’re the enemy.” Sojung shook her head, the small hesitation in her heart disappearing into thin air, “If you’re not with me, then you’re against me. You only have yourselves to blame for this.”

 

“Sojung, please stop this.”

 

The mage refused to listen, lifting her hand up and casting a spell.

 

Eunha didn’t know what came over her, but she didn’t bother thinking too much of her decision. Before she knew it, she stood before her two friends just when Sojung finished casting. There wasn’t even time for her to react. All she could remember was feeling something slam against her chest, her feet leaving the floor as she was flown back into the wall, slamming against it so hard she was sure that she had broken some bones and hit her head badly. But weirdly, she felt nothing. There was no pain. Just numbness.

 

“Eunha!” “No!”

 

She felt herself collapse to the ground, her consciousness dwindling by the second. She tried to open her eyes but she couldn’t and it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

 

“Eunha!”

 

“Eunha, can you hear me?”

 

“Eunha.”

 

She could just hear voices calling out to her, her body being shaken, trying to get her to stay awake, but she just couldn’t. She couldn’t get herself to respond.

 

“Eunha!”

 

Her breath was coming out in gasps. She was slowly feeling sleepier by the second and she knew she didn’t have it in her to fight against it anymore.

 

“Eunha!”

 

So she didn’t fight against it.

 

“Eunha answer me!”

 

She embraced it and completely succumbed to it.

 

“Eunha please wake up!”

 


 

A/N

if you're still confused after this chapter then that's good XD

anyway, the next chapter will be the last. if anyone can guess what will happen then... i dunno, i just write so maybe i can make a short fic of a ship you want?  >< i dropped hints on each chapter so i'll be waiting for your guesses if any if you want to give it a try :D

tyvm for the upvotes!! and the subscribers, thank you too. and comments will always remain to be loved and appreciated. thank you for reading and see you next chapter ^^