Chapter IV: the rooftop

Underneath the Surface
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

__

 

Baekhyun hurried out of the ballroom and ended up in the massive lobby. He looked around the many entrances and exits and became overwhelmed. In the midst of his predicament, a soft voice asked, “Are you looking for something, sir?”

Baekhyun turned around and bowed at the older woman who was holding some cleaning supplies, “Hello. Yes, did you happen to see a girl in a teal dress walk out here not too long ago?”

Miss Kim’s eyes widened in recognition, “Do you mean Hana? Are you looking for her?”

He fervently nodded, “Yes, that’s her! Did you happen to see where she went?”

Miss Kim’s lips twisted in thought, wondering whether to trust the male or not, “What is your relation to her?”

Baekhyun grew speechless, “Um, I’m… her friend.” He blushed at being able to call her such an intimate title, and Miss Kim noticed the pink tint on his cheeks.

She gently smiled, “She went to the rooftop. She goes up there whenever she needs a break. But don’t tell her I told you, it’s her secret haven.”

Baekhyun bowed almost a hundred times, “Thank you so much, ma’am!” He hurried off while continuing to bow to her, and she chuckled as she watched him run off towards the elevator. “Oh, Hana. I hope you let this one get close to you.”

//

What should I say? “Oh, fancy seeing you here.” No, that’s cheesy. “Hana! What are you doing up here?” That’s dumb. “I’ve been looking for you!” That’s creepy.

Baekhyun aggressively ruffled his hair, staring as the numbers in the elevator continued to increase. He was nervous being with Hana alone for the first time, but he felt as though he had caused the entire situation and wanted to apologize properly to the girl.

As soon as the elevator stopped, he stepped out of the door and walked out onto the rooftop of the hotel. A slight breeze made him take an extra breath of air, and he put his hands in his pockets as he made his way outdoors. As soon as he stepped outside, he noticed Hana leaning against the railing of the roof. Her right leg was slightly bent, and she was staring aimlessly into the night sky. 

Baekhyun cleared his throat and approached her, and feeling his presence, Hana looked up and gasped, “Baekhyun!”

He smiled, “Hi. Sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude on your moment.”

Hana softly smiled in return before turning her attention back to the sky. It was silent for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter