Chapter II: the party

Underneath the Surface
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

__

 

Hana burst through the front door of the mansion, the head maid bowing upon her entrance, “Welcome home, Miss Hana.”

Hana warmly grinned and embraced her, “Hi, Miss Kim! I told you not to call me that anymore! How are you today? Have you been treated well today?”

The woman smiled warmly and patted her head, “You are too kind, dear. Of course, your family is the sweetest there is. Your mother is waiting upstairs for you.”

Hana pouted and clung onto Miss Kim’s hand, swinging it gently, “I don’t want to go to the party. Can you take me home with you instead?”

Miss Kim heartily laughed and Hana smiled in response, “Oh dear, you know I wish I could. Now hurry on up before you get into more trouble!”

Hana smiled and hugged Miss Kim once more before sprinting up the stairs, two steps at a time. In a flash, Hana’s mother appeared with half of her hair curled and hands on her hips.

“Little missy, where have you been? I told you to come home right away! It’s been an hour since school ended!” Her mother gently scolded, and Hana bit her lip.

“Sorry, mom. Someone… needed to talk to me.” Hana awkwardly laughed, opening the door to her room, “I’m gonna go do homework now! Have fun at the party!”

Mrs. Park rolled her eyes and tugged her daughter back, “Come on, sweetie! It’ll be fun! I bought you five dresses to choose from, too.” Hana’s eyes bulged out, “Mom! Why would you buy so many?”

Mrs. Park’s eyes softened as she ran her hand through her daughter’s long locks, “I know it’s hard not being able to see your father or I often since we’re always traveling for work. I wanted to spoil you for once. So let me spoil you today and take you to the party. I want to brag about my wonderful daughter too.”

Hana softened, hugging her mom around her waist, “Mom… Thank you. Fine, I’ll go for you just this once.”

Mrs. Park beamed in excitement, “Really? That’s wonderful! Come, let’s try on the dresses!”

Hana shook her head in amusement and let her mom drag her into the master bedroom, trying on dress after dress.

//

Baekhyun fixed his teal colored tie in the mirror, making sure the tie clip was centered in the middle of his pristine white button-down. The six boys had decided to meet up at Kyungsoo’s house to get ready and go to the party together instead of arriving with their parents.

“Guys! Hurry up! We’re gonna be late!” Kyungsoo groaned, kicking the door to the bathroom with his foot.

“Just for that, I’m gonna put more wax in my hair,” Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at the closed door, reaching for the container of wax and putting more product into his already styled hair.

“Why, you-” Kyungsoo wiggled the doorknob aggressively, but Kai quickly locked the door in a panic.

“Hyung! I’m putting my pants on!” Kai complained, zipping up his slacks as the older was heard heaving a large sigh on the other side of the door. Kyungsoo rolled h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter