Fools Will Be Fools, But They Are My Fools.

Star, Moon, Thunder and Sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Fools Will Be Fools, But They Are My Fools.

 

 

Baekhyun let out a soft groan, his sleep disturbed by the sunlight shining through the window. Letting out a loud yawn, the tired male buried his face deeper into the pillow, mumbling a complaint about Hayoon’s habit of never closing her curtains. Oblivious to the disturbance, Chanyeol kept snoring, his chest rising and falling in beat with his breathing. Hayoon slowly opened her eyes, her sight blurry from sleep. Blinking a few times, she carefully untangled herself free, stretching her limbs in the process.  Squinting her eyes to try and read the clock hanging above her desk, Hayoon realised she would not be able to do so without first finding her glasses which got lost somewhere in bed after they all dropped dead from exhaustion.

 

She tried to sit up however Chanyeol suddenly swung his arm around her, pulling her back into his chest, holding onto her tightly. Inhaling the scent of spiced apples, Hayoon was very tempted to simply go back to sleep, however the rumbling of her stomach simply prevented her from doing so. Instead she s her around around Chanyeol’s waist, reaching for Baekhyun to shakhim lightly. Feeling no response, she proceeded to poke him repeatedly in the ribs, jolting the poor boy awake and kicking Chanyeol in the process who let out a grunt of displeasure. The sudden movements revealed Hayoon’s glasses lying dangerously next to Baekhyun’s head, at risk of being squashed by him at any given moment.

 

Reaching for the glasses before they could get damaged, Hayoon slipped out of bed and entered her bathroom, getting started with her morning routine. Taking a much needed warm shower to wash away the previous night’s fatigue, Hayoon took her time, knowing well that the two males were unlikely to leave the comforts of the bed anytime soon.

 

Done with the shower, Hayoon wrapped her hair in a towel, careful not to drip water anywhere and exited her bathroom, greeted by a sleepy Baekhyun who was sitting on her bed in a daze, his hair poking out in random directions. Chanyeol on the other hand was on the floor, cleaning up the empty beer bottles and pizza boxes that had been left unattended the previous night after Baekyun and Hayoon had rushed off to the train station. The wilted bouquet of iris was also throw into the pile of trash.

 

Sensing her reappearance, Baekhyun let out a loud yawn.

 

“Good morning Sunshine~”

 

“Not exactly morning anymore, it’s well past noon,” Hayoon mused.

 

“Details, details,” Baekhyun responded.

 

Turning her attention towards the other male, Hayoon tried reading his expression but found no traces of last night’s tears and pain. Instead, Chanyeol was looking confident again, a determined look glistening in his eyes.

 

“Sorry for last night,” muttered the male. “Seems I disrupted the fun evening you guys were having.”

 

“Nonsense.” Baekhyun interrupted. “Yeollie was in pain, how could we ignore that?”

 

Chanyeol gave a soft smile before standing up and clapping his hands together, the sound reverberating across the walls.

 

“Well then, time to go grab something to eat don’t you think?”

 

His statement earned a nod of agreement from both Baekhyun and Hayoon.

 

“But first, let’s stop at our place so Baek and I can freshen up. I don’t think I can stand his beer breath stinking up my face for much longer.”

 

In retaliation to that comment, Baekhyun clung himself onto Chanyeol and heavily breathed in his faced, earning in response a heavy slap on his back. Hayoon cringed at the sound of the slap, her mind imagining the painful bruise that would be forming on the small male’s back.

 

・・・

 

After stopping by Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s flat, the trio walked peacefully along the quiet back streets, looking forward to fill their stomachs with a hearty meal of gamjatang.

 

“Don’t tell Soojung anything.”

 

Baekhyun and Hayoon turned towards the taller male. Hayoon bit her lips while Baekhyun hummed in affirmation.

 

“I’m not giving up on her.” Continued the male. “But I won’t rush it either. It never works out anyway, her relationships. The dude always ends up having some sort of issue. This time I will make sure to catch her and make her notice me. No more passively watching over her.”

 

Stopping in front of the restaurant’s entrance, Chanyeol’s declaration of war echoed loudly in Hayoon’s ears. She bumped head softly against Chanyeol’s shoulders, letting him know that she would stand by him no matter what.

 

“Whatever you say loverboy. In the meantime, I’m not sure about you, but Sunshine and I are in dire need for sustenance and you’ll be footing the bill,” Baekhyun exclaimed confidently before stepping into the restaurant and cheerfully greeting the owner while padding towards their usual table.

 

The meal was peaceful as the three devoured their food. Shoving Baekhyun to the side using his shoulde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter