first

can't live without you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changykun didn’t remember falling asleep, but he guessed he should have seen it coming when he put in the effort to lay down and get comfortable on his bed. It was inevitable, but sometimes he forgot how tired he constantly was and would forget to factor that into his daily tasks. There was no time to be tired when you have a rowdy four-year-old and you have a new baby showing up in less than a month to get ready for. He felt like he never had the time but today was different. 

Joonhwan started preschool today and it was a huge ordeal. He had been signed up for the afternoon session to give Changkyun more time in the morning to get him ready and it was up to Jooheon to pick him up and bring him home. His first day of school and while not the whole day, it was still time away from home and he had been nervous at first. When Changkyun had dropped him off, it wasn't until after his goodbye hug and kiss that Joonhwan's separation anxiety set in and he started bawling his eyes out. Changkyun had needed to spend a good five minutes consoling his son while also keeping his own anxieties at bay. One of Joonhwan's teachers had needed to step in to help Changkyun out and ease his son into the classroom. With a teary goodbye, Joonhwan was gone and Changkyun felt a pang in his own heart. His son was his everything and to see him leave was heartbreaking. But with the promise of seeing him in a few hours, it helped convince him to leave and go home. He maybe shed a tear or two, but that was a maybe. 

With the house so quiet, Changkyun didn't know what to do with himself. Everything was already picked up since he and Joonhwan had made an effort to put away all of his toys before he left for school. The house had stayed neat and organized the longest it ever had before and it was bizarre. It was hard to think of something to do with an overactive baby girl doing acrobatics in his belly and so Changkyun figured he could lay down and wait out his child's antics. He wouldn't be able to do much if he jolted every time his daughter did. 

And that's where Changkyun was, in his room and nestled in his bed to the utmost comfort. He hadn't meant to fall asleep, but he had and he figured it was a well deserved and needed nap. Growing a baby was exhausting and he didn't take enough time for some self-care when he had a family to watch over. 

Speaking of family, that's what had woken him up. What was once a quiet house was slowly filling up with noise and he could hear Joonhwan speaking very loudly. He was a very passionate storyteller and he was no doubt relaying every detail about his few hours at preschool to his father. His preschool facility was a ten-minute drive away and if Changkyun knew his son, he had only scraped the surface of his day and had plenty more to say. 

Changkyun had planned to get up and greet his son and husband, but the weight of his own body was confining him to the bed and he felt like a turtle on its back, sunken into his mountains of pillows and blankets. It was easier to give up and have Jooheon help him later and from what he could hear, both Jooheon and Joonhwan were making their way down the hall and to his bedroom. Rubbing the last remnants of sleep out of his eyes, Changkyun readied himself for the loud voices of his two favorite boys in the world. 

"Daddy!" Joonhwan greeted when he opened the bedroom door, bright little face peaking past the doorframe as he hung on the doorknob, chubby cheeks red from the heat of the day. Summer was running later than usual and it was always the hottest midday. Joonwhan's complexion was a lot like Jooheon's and when he ran too hot, his cheeks turned red. Looking above his son then, he could see Jooheon and his cheeks were a dark red as well. A light laugh left his lips, the sight of his boys all too heart-warming. 

"Hello, Joon Bug," Changkyun greeted, reaching out one arm to welcome his son, "Come here so I can give you a hug," his son's smile grew ten times larger and fully entered the room. Little feet on the carpet thudded as he ran to his father's side and climbed on the bed so he could hug him, arms wrapping around what he could reach and squeezing tight. Changkyun hugged back, arms wrapping tightly around his son's small torso. 

"I missed you so much, Daddy!" Joonhwan shouted as he buried his face on Changkyun's neck. The bed dipped close to him as Jooheon sat down to join his family. The older man's hand found its way to rest on Changkyun's hip as he reached to place a kiss on Changkyun's cheek, a soft greeting leaving his lips. He noted Changkyun's sleep puffy eyes and chuckled to himself. Changkyun never took the initiative to sleep when he could when really he should be taking advantage of that fully. They were going to have another kid soon and that meant more nights awake and two people to keep alive simultaneously. 

"I missed you too, Joonhwan," and Changkyun really did. His little boy was his world, "Did you have a good day at preschool?" he asked next, excited to hear his son's detailed day and schedule. He'd already heard some of it through the hallway but hearing it again wasn't going to hurt and he enjoyed his son's voice and stories. He was creative and it was such an enjoyable experience to listen, "Did you like your teacher and your classmates?" Joonhwan hadn't spent a lot of time with other children since none of Jooheon or Changkyun's friends had kids of their own. Jooheon's oldest friend has a daughter but they live out in the United States and they didn't get to see them in person often. Changkyun was hoping he'd already made friends, that would make school a lot easier. 

Expecting him to go off immediately and share about his day away from home, Changkyun was surprised when he was answered with a distressed sounding, "Wait!" before wiggling out of Changkyun's arms. Hw wasn't sure what was happening until Joonhwan was laying on his stomach and his mouth was right above Changkyun's belly button, posied to speak. It wasn't until then that Changkyun realized Joonhwan was trying to greet his sister, "Hello, Teeny! I missed you, too!" he was quite loud and it was Jooheon who stepped in to attempt damage control. 

"Joon Bug, you don't have to be so loud when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter