CHAPTER 3

Bad Idea

CHAPTER 3

 

//

 

Wendy couldn’t take her eyes off from the woman who just walked in, she looks familiar. She didn’t know the woman’s name personally but she knows someone who does.

 

Wendy walked up to the woman awkwardly “Hi…”

 

“Can I help you with something?” The woman asked

 

“You’re Rosé’s stylist right? I kind of remember you from months ago shoot with her.”

 

“I’m sorry I’m not really good with faces but yeah, I’m Rosé’s stylist.”

 

Wendy almost jumped in celebration in that moment but she holds herself back, she didn’t want to scare the woman off by acting weird and creepy when she’s her only way of meeting her again.

 

“Can you give this to her?” Wendy asked extending a folded tissue to the woman “I swear it’s not something creepy and totally harmless.” She added when the woman starts frowning “I couldn’t get her number from last time and I take that it’s not appropriate that I ask you which you wouldn’t give even if it’s appropriate so…”

 

“Okay…” The woman said as she took the folded tissue but Wendy could feel the hesitation on it but didn’t voice it out. She cannot ruin it.

 

“Thank you.” Wendy flashing her smile

 

Three months had passed since Wendy and Rosé parted their ways on that morning. There were many times that she wanted to ask Seulgi about Rosé or get her number but she knew better than to bring up Rosé’s name cause that means bringing up Jennie’s name along the way and Jennie’s name is the girl who cannot be name in Seulgi’s life right now.

 

She didn’t know what happen that night but obviously something did happen but she didn’t want to ask too. If Seulgi wanted her to know she would tell her and up until now her friend didn’t breathe a word about it.

//

 

//

“Is everything okay?” Joy asked concerned when she caught Wendy checking her phone for the nth time.

 

“Yeah, of course.” Wendy answered

 

“You sure? You’ve been checking your phone every second and biting your fingernails off.” Joy pointed out

 

“It’s nothing, really.” Wendy assured her with a smile

 

“It better be because we need to finish everything tonight and we can’t do that if your attention is on your phone.”

 

“I know, I know…” Wendy said “We’ll finish it tonight don’t worry.”

 

 

It’s been twelve hours since she met the woman at the coffee shop this morning and till now she hasn’t received anything.

‘Did she give it?’

‘What if she did and Rosé just didn’t care, it was after all a one night stand. Still, Wendy had hope that Rosé wanted to see her again given that she wouldn’t want to let go of her that morning or maybe Rosé was just caught up in a moment and now that time had passed, it meant nothing to her.

 

That’s what bothers Wendy the most, it should not mean anything but she couldn’t stop thinking about her. It should’ve all been forgotten when they part ways that morning but she couldn’t.

 

And Wendy knew she’s when the disappointment that keeps growing and growing every seconds that pass turns into a feeling she’s shouldn’t be feeling right now, hurt. She’s hurt by the thought that Rosé must’ve read her message and chooses to ignore it. She’s hurt by the fact that’s she’s hurting when she shouldn’t even be hurting in the first place.

 

“It was just a one night Wendy. One night.” Wendy told herself. It is and it should stay that way but there are things that are way out of her control.

 

She just can’t stop missing her even if she wants to, it doesn’t work that way.

 

She just can’t stop wanting to hear her voice, when it plays like a good melody inside her head.

 

She just can’t stop these strange feelings from growing even if she wants to.

 

She just can’t stop even if she wanted to.

//

 

\\

 

“Oh, you don’t have to walk me inside,” Rosé said when they reached the parking lot of the condo she’s staying “You already drove me home. It’s already late and I’m sure you’re already tired.”

 

“Are you sure?” Her stylist asked

 

Rosé nodded “It’s late, you should go.”

 

Her stylist nodded as Rosé stepped out of the car.

 

“Ahh, right…” Her stylist said as she also stepped out of the car with her bag,

 

“What is it?”

 

“I met someone when I went out to get a coffee, she said she worked with you months ago and asked me to pass this to you.” She said as she pulled out a folder tissue.

 

“Did she say wh she was?”

 

“No and you know I’m not that good at remembering faces so I don’t really remember her.” She answered “Do you want it? I can just throw it.”

 

“No, it’s fine… I’ll take it,” Rosé answered

 

“You sure, maybe she’s a stalker or something creepy.” Her stylist said concerned.

 

“Does she look creepy?”

 

“No, in fact she looks quite great.”

 

“Does she?”

 

“She does, but people like her usually are the one with a mess up mind.” She said “Someone you wouldn’t suspect.”

 

“Agreed, anyway… since it’s just a message it’ll be harmless.” Rosé said “And if it’s something creepy, I’ll let the authority knows.”

 

“Okay.” Her stylist said as she handed the tissue to Rosé.

 

“Be careful on your way.”

 

After seeing the car drove off, Rosé looked at the tissue she’s holding, it’s not knew that some of the people she works with had made a pass on her before. They’re probably just looking for and Rosé would lie if she says that she isn’t. The last time she had was three months ago and that’s with Wendy. Her body is craving for it but it doesn’t mean she would just jump anyone, that’s what she would tell herself. But in truth, she had tried a few times in that three months but each time she would find herself not really going for it, so she stops.

 

She stops trying to have it with someone not because she wanted to but by the fact that each time that she does, it all ends with a confirmation that it’s not the she’s craving for. It was the person she had with. It was Wendy herself that’s she’s craving for. She’s craving for her and she had never craved for anyone before and that’s what scares her the most. So she just put the letter inside her bag and walked to her room.

 

//