CHAPTER 2

Bad Idea

 

CHAPTER 2

 

Wendy woke up, blinking her eyes to adjust from the light inside the room when she felt a warm body beside her and events from last night quickly register.

She felt herself stop breathing as she slowly turns her head sideways to look at the woman beside her, Rosé was sleeping back facing her and Wendy quickly notice the purple mark on her exposed back. She gulped at the sight because she knew she did that.

She slowly step out of the bed, tip toeing as she looked for her clothes and dress quickly without making a sound.

She looked at Rosé’s sleeping figure again after she got dress, contemplating if she should pull the cover onto her exposed back because it’s still cold and she might catch a cold but choosing to let things be than risk waking her up and left the room.

 

Rosé woke up, roll sideways and felt that light disappointment when she realize that the other side of the bed is cold and empty. She was not new when it comes to one night stand, she had done it few times before, few enough to get her annoyed when the other person wanted to cuddle and feels domestic in the morning after, few enough to get her totally annoyed when the other person thinks that just because they had once means they’re dating.

Few enough to made her think if ‘taking the edge of’ for a night is worth all the annoying aftermath that she has to deal with, with each of them every morning, it’s called one night stand for a reason. She can’t understand them having a ridiculous idea of thinking that they should date or label their relationship; it’s just , nothing more.

 

She stared at the ceiling as the memory of what happen last night played onto her mind.  For some reason, she felt disappointed that Wendy left just like that, which she find convenient in the past because at least then she knew that the concept of the one night stand is clear to the other party and she doesn’t have to deal with whatever crazy idea popping unto their head.

 

She stepped out of her bed and went to take a shower after a few minutes she stepped out of the cold shower and reached for the robe when she notice the marks on her body, she knows there will be by the intensity of last night’s activity but she didn’t think that it’ll be this many.  There are at least two marks on her hip which she saw when she’s taking a shower, purple marks on her neck, collarbone, just above her chest.

 

She don’t allow someone leave a mark on her even when she’s drunk and gets pissed each time when there’s one in the morning, even one and she’d curse non-stop.  It’s weird enough that Wendy had managed to left few marks on her when she’s not even that drunk last night, what’s weirder is she didn’t find herself angry or pissed seeing it. She’s sure she’ll throw a ing fit or curse the person who did it if it happens in the past, which beg the question she couldn’t answer herself at the moment.

 

She’s about to put the robe when the marks on her back caught her attention again. “She got me really good.” She says staring at the reflection of marks on her back

Rosé stepped out of the bathroom when the doorbell rung. It must be Jennie, she thought as she walks towards the door preparing herself for her non-stop question about what happen last night.

She opened the door and sees the last person she could think of, of standing in her door right now.

“Hi.” Wendy greeted “I’m glad you’re awake, I was afraid I might wake you up.”

“Hi…” Rosé greeted back, clearly surprised seeing Wendy

“Hot chocolate or coffee?” Wendy asked as she brought up the two cups on her hand

“What?”

“Coffee or chocolate?” She asked again as she brought up the two cups on her hand

“C-Coffee.” She stuttered after realizing what Wendy meant

“I knew you’re a coffee person.” Wendy said as Rosé stared at her

“Are you letting me in or I‘ll just leave this here?” Wendy asked

“Sorry, I ... come in, of course.” Rosé said as she open the door fully and Wendy stepped inside as Rosé closed the door and followed her with her gaze.

“I’d get you something at the hotel’s menu but I’m not sure what you’d like for breakfast so I went out buy a coffee and bread.” Wendy said as she placed the food on the table

Wendy turns when Rosé didn’t say anything and saw her standing by the door “What? Not a fan of bread?”

Rosé didn’t say anything as she walk towards the table.

“Oh, come on,” Wendy said looking at Rosé “Nothing goes wrong with a coffee and bread, who doesn’t like coffee and bread in the morning?”

Rosé crossed her arm as she look at Wendy “Do you always do this?”

“What?”

“The coffee and bread in the morning after a one night stand ?”

“Well, I usually cook bacon and eggs but this isn’t my kitchen so…” Wendy answered plainly

“Why?” Rosé asked, still with her arm close

“Because I’m a member of the one percent population of one night stander that doesn’t eat and run?” Wendy said playfully

Rosé cocked her brows at Wendy’s answer “That’s how one night stand works, you eat and run.”

“Says who? Because I haven’t read any book that says what are the rules in one night stand.” Wendy argues “Maybe, you can let me borrow yours; I’ll come in handy in the future.”

Rosé frown at the sarcasm “It’s not written but it’s understood.”

“Well, not for me.”

“How so?”

“Well, first of all.” Wendy said as she took one of the cups from the table as she handed it to Rosé who doesn’t want to take it at first but doesn’t have a choice when Wendy took her hand place the cup on it. “The was good.”

“Oh, I could tell.” Rosé said as she pulled the side of her robe enough to show Wendy the marks printed on it “I have this all over on me, even my back wasn’t spared. I’m just glad I have a whole week vacation before my photo shoot and please don’t say that it was just ‘good’ it’s mind blowing for you.” She said as she took a sip on her coffee

“Nah, it’s just good to me.” Wendy said

“Are you telling me that I’m not good in bed?” Rosé asked, clearly offended

“I’m not confirming nor denying anything.” Wendy said cheekily

Rosé scoffed “And you’re so confident about yourself?”

“Not really.” Wendy shrugged “But I’m a woman of logic and always go with the evidences presented.”

“You mean this?” Rosé asked pointing at the purple mark on her neck “It’s hardly evidence at all.”

“That and all the screaming I heard last night.” Wendy grinned “I don’t even remember you stopping me or telling me not to leave any mark.”

Wendy’s right, she really consumed her last night she didn’t care what Wendy is doing to her anymore and just enjoying the pleasure, but her pride wouldn’t admit it, at least not to Wendy herself and gave her the satisfaction she needed “What can I say, I’m a good player, didn’t want to ruin the game by stopping you.”

Wendy chuckles “Well, if you say so.”

“What’s second?” Rosé asked

“What?”

“You said earlier, first of all, which means there’s a second, right?”

Wendy smiles “Well, second, it felt like giving a part of yourself to me… I know, I know.” She added immediately when she saw Rosé frown.

“I know how that sounds.” Wendy said “But that’s just how I feel each time and I cannot dictate what to feel.”

Rosé just stared at her

“I know a bread and coffee won’t even come close to suffice from what happen last night.” Wendy said “The least I can do is be decent about it to not let you walk on shame by wearing your dress again from last night when you check out from this hotel and not advertise your marks that will surely put you on the spot by people who only knows nothing but judge and not mind their own business.”

Rosé would be lying if she said that she wasn’t surprised nor touch by Wendy’s words, she had few one night stand but neither one them had care if she’s walking on shame by wearing her clothes again or if someone was going to see the marks, they’d be proud to be honest if one of them successfully left a mark, like it was some kind of trophy. It’s refreshing and heartwarming, Rosé thought. But of course she won’t let her know that,

“Is this how you get in someone’s pants the second time? Because I am so close in jumping you right now.” And she wasn’t kidding.

Wendy laughs “Tempting but I got to run. Deadlines”

“Shame.” Rosé whispered as she took a sip from her coffee.

“It’s not your kind of clothing but bear with it at least until you get home.” Wendy said pointing at the paper bag on the table “It’s mine but don’t worry, I can assure you that it’s clean.”

“Thank you.” Rosé said when Wendy’s phone rang.

“Deadlines.” Wendy said as she looks at her phone.

“I won’t’ hold any longer then.” Rosé said Wendy walk towards the door, with her following behind.

 

Wendy turns the door knob as she stepped outside.

“Good luck on your deadlines.” Rosé said

“Thank you.” Wendy smiles “See you around,”

“Yeah, see you around,” Rosé nodded

 

Wendy turns to left but stop midway “Rosé…”

“Yeah?” Rosé asked who’s still at the door “Want a goodbye kiss? I can totally give you that.”

Wendy chuckles “No… just, thank you.”

“For the ? I thought I was only good, thank me when I return the favor of mind blowing .” Rosé said cheekily

“Not really the , but for giving and trusting yourself to me last night.” Wendy said softly

Rosé suddenly felt her cheek warm from the remarks, as she bit her lower lip while smile is tugging on it “Are you sure you can’t move your deadlines?”

“A total pain in the .” Wendy replied “Can I get that goodbye kiss instead?”

“Totally.” Rosé said as she stepped out of the room, cupped Wendy’s face and leaned down to kiss her, Wendy returned the kiss as she unconsciously put a hand on Rosé’s waist and pulled her closer to her body.

After a few seconds, they pulled back from the need of air.

“Wow…” Wendy laughs her hands still on Rosé’s waist “I should really go before I completely forgot I have a deadline.”

Rosé wrapped her arms on Wendy’s neck as she pulled her for another kiss “Deadlines can wait.” She said in between kisses.

Wendy pulled back as she breathes deeply staring at Rosé “Deadlines can’t.” She said as she cupped Rosé’s face and gave her one long kiss and then pulled back “That’s why they are called deadline.” She said as she pulled away from Rosé’s grasp.

“See you around, Rosé.” Wendy said smiling as she walks away.

 

“You don’t just know your way in woman’s body Wendy Son but you also know how to get to a woman’s heart too.” Rosé said looking at Wendy’s figure walking at the hallway “A very dangerous combination.” She said as she runs a finger on her lips as smile form crept onto it “You really are a bad idea.”