i

partition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyeon doesn’t know how it started, or she did, but she didn’t know how a simple question could get her into such a mess. Supposedly she has her girlfriend to blame for that.

 

The fight with Sakura was heated, and Chaeyeon has to admit that she saw it coming from the way their small bickering had started to come more frequently for the past few weeks. All the things she used to find endearing in Sakura had become irritating, and everything Chaeyeon does made Sakura snap at her almost on every occasion. 

 

Finally that one night, doused in gasoline, raging fire lit up all at once between them and ed into a height that Chaeyeon doesn’t think they can come down from.

 

“I can’t deal with this anymore, Chaeyeon!”

 

“Then don’t!” She snarls.

 

For a moment, silence engulfed Chaeyeon's apartment. The only sound that penetrated the room was the wind rushing in from the open balcony door. But even that was drowned out by the ringing in her ears, Chaeyeon’s blood boiling, quickly rushing to her brain. For a split second Chaeyeon was worried that her heart would stop, seeing how fast her heart was beating.

 

Then Sakura snapped out of her trance. “Are you...breaking up with me?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“What the hell does that mean?”

 

“It means I don’t know, Sakura.” Chaeyeon roughly brushes back her fingers against her hair in utter frustration. “I need to think about this—about us. Let’s just press pause.”

 

“You mean a break?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Sakura didn’t even reply or showed any signs of agreement to Chaeyeon’s suggestion of a break. The Japanese woman hastily grabbed all her belongings, shoved it in her handbag and stomped out the apartment, slamming the door behind her.

 

“,” Chaeyeon whispers to herself. She closes her eyes shut to calm herself, trying to control the adrenaline in her body. Letting out a sigh, Chaeyeon goes to the kitchen and grabs two bottles of soju from the fridge, not even bothering to look for a shot glass, and goes to sit out on the balcony.

 

Drinking straight from the bottle of soju, Chaeyeon was close to being drunk, only tethering on the edge of being tipsy. It wasn’t long now until she’s going to be completely inebriated by how quickly she finished the first bottle.

 

While she’s in such a sad state, where the only thing Chaeyeon could do was reflect on her relationship, she realizes that the argument they just had was inevitable. They hadn’t been happy for awhile now. But both of them forced their relationship to work. They were best friends for the longest time, maybe since they were in diapers. By the time they were adults, people just assumed Sakura and Chaeyeon were dating. And after trying to go on countless dates with other people that only ended in tragedy, they gave it a shot with each other. They have always clicked, so going from friends to being more just seemed like the next thing to do, something that came easily. Nothing really needed to change besides the intimacy and romance part. It was essentially just friendship, but with additional kissing.

 

Five years into the relationship, now aged 24 and 26, working different jobs and different hours, their relationship started hitting roadblocks. Sakura’s trips for her modeling career made it hard to spend much time together, and Chaeyeon’s unreasonable hours of dance practice, rehearsals, and music show recordings, on top of flying out for concerts certainly didn’t help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter