Gal Pals

Billionaire Wives

FINANCE Magazine

 

List of the 5 most eligible female billionaires:

 

Bae Joohyun: Known for her start-up success, she never sold out and worked hard to acquire all competition in her niche market. Her work ethic and uncanny business intelligence have made her the newest billionaire on our list this year. Her meteoric rise in popularity is matched only by her timeless beauty. Still young, this billionaire may be the most eligible single woman on our list!

 

Son Seungwan/WENDY: Technically an heiress, Wendy has expanded her family’s business overseas. With her reputation for warmth and kindness, Wendy not only forms strong business relationships that have brought her company millions, but also ensures that charities benefit from her financial success. With her looks and personality, it’s a wonder she’s single!

 

Kim Taeyeon:

 

-------------------

People Magazine

 

Headline: Billionaire Best Friends??

 

Seoul, South Korea

It’s charity ball season, and that means the country’s richest are once again walking the red carpet. For the first time ever in public, billionaires Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan have been seen interacting! Our staff photographed both women arriving at this event separately. However, something must have happened over the course of the evening. Leaving early from the event, both women were seen walking to the valet parking area and holding hands. Is this the beginning of a new friendship? We’ve always wondered what kept these two women apart in a tax bracket of mostly old men!

 

-------------------

Spotted!

 

Photographed together in SoHo, billionaire founder Bae Joohyun and heiress Son Seungwan were seen walking the streets and stopping for lunch. Both casually dressed, it seems the pair are continuing their friendship that began at the so called “Billionaire Ball” last May. We’re so happy to see these gal pals continue their strong friendship!

 

-------------------

Super Boring Finance News

 

Of note, Son Holdings has filed paperwork to form a subsidiary company under the control of heiress Son Seungwan. The only activity to date has been the purchase of a non-controlling share of the incredibly successful start-up founded by Bae Joohyun.

 

-------------------

Spotted!

 

In London this week, billionaire best friends Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan were spotted at the London stop of Coldplay’s latest tour. The women seemed to enjoy themselves throughout the concert. PS, there is a rumour that Wendy paid for the entire School of Music for Underprivileged Children to attend. Whether it’s true or not, it certainly seems like something she would do!

 

-------------------

FINANCE Magazine

 

It’s official! The Son dynasty has handed over control of their companies to both daughters. In an amicable transition, it is reported that the family split their business interests between the two. The eldest will be focusing on domestic activities while the ever-popular Wendy will be CEO of their international holdings.

 

-------------------

People Magazine

 

Headline: The Billionaire Curse?

 

Seoul, South Korea

It’s charity ball season again! After 2 consecutive years of attendance with best friend Wendy, Irene attended Billionaire’s Ball alone this year. Wendy was in fact a notable absence, but her press office reports that she could not leave sensitive negotiations in Singapore at this time. When interviewed on the red carpet, Irene seemed to be out of touch with her best friend. She said, “I have barely spoken to Wendy since she took over her parents’ company. Wendy has been incredibly busy and I wish her all the best”. A little cold? These friends seem to struggle to find time together like they used to. Perhaps it’s the billionaire’s curse!

 

-------------------

Spotted!

 

After nearly a year since their last photographed interaction, billionaires Irene and Wendy were seen at a UNICEF event. If photographs could speak, we’d think this one says ‘Awkward!’. The friends seem a little tense after their time apart.

 

-------------------

Spotted!

 

Irene has been spotted leaving the townhouse of best friend Wendy, seen here walking to her driver and carrying a pillow no less! We’re glad to see these friends re-connecting. It seems there’s nothing a good sleepover can’t solve!

 

-------------------

Spotted!

 

On vacation in the Canary Islands, billionaires Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan were spotted mingling with the locals near a resort town. Now, we all know these women are beautiful, but let’s take a moment to appreciate these two in swimsuits! The friends were seen relaxing on the beach and helping each other stay protected from the sun. Good friends don’t let friends forget sunscreen!

 

-------------------

Spotted!

 

At the hottest café in Seoul (which happens to be owned by Bae Joohyun’s best friend) Irene and Wendy were captured sharing a table and a lovely brunch. These two seem as close as ever, holding hands and sharing bites of food. Interestingly, Joohyun was sporting a new and gorgeous ring, but refuses to comment about it.

 

-------------------

Spotted!

 

On vacation in Monaco, billionaires Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan were spotted docking a yacht in the harbor of Monte Carlo. Our sources say the women went on to spend a week at a nearby villa (You can’t rent this one folks, no matter how much money you have! It’s all in who you know). The only photos captured of the friends were from a Saturday morning trip to the local market. Both were casually dressed for the riviera lifestyle and totally inseparable.

 

-------------------

New York Times

 

Billionaires Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan have joined forces to fight child poverty! The pair have created a foundation that aims to help vulnerable children around the world, promising constant funding and the best support their fortunes can offer. For years now, the pair have been billionaire friends and Wendy especially has a reputation for giving back.

 

-------------------

FINANCE Magazine

 

List of the 5 most eligible female billionaires:

 

Bae Joohyun: Again, the beautiful CEO makes it on to our list. Well known for her start-up, her focus lately seems to be charitable work. Along with pal Wendy, Joohyun remains one of the youngest and most beautiful billionaires on our list!

 

Son Seungwan/WENDY: Wendy remains on our list despite giving up control of the Son international companies to pursue charitable foundation work. The young (and beautiful!) ex- CEO maintains ownership (on paper!) of many of the family’s ventures, but her net worth saw a significant drop once she relinquished control.

 

-------------------

Spotted!

 

In Seoul at the Children’s School of Performing Arts, billionaires Irene and Wendy were seen attending the year end recital and leaving with a young girl. People magazine caught up with the pair in the interview below!

 

-------------------

People Magazine

 

Headline: Billionaire Wives!

 

Interviewer: “Irene and Wendy, what brings you to the recital here tonight?”

 

BJ: “We are here to support Yeri, who performed in the recital tonight. We are very proud of her.”

SS: “Our daughter attends this school, so of course we would come out for the year-end recital.”

 

Interviewer: “I’m sorry, your daughter?”

 

SS: “Yes, we were lucky to adopt Yeri as an infant. However, we take our privacy seriously. We knew our family would eventually have to become known to the public, but please respect boundaries as we try our best to raise our daughter.”

 

Interviewer: “Yes, of course. Pardon me for one more question, but you say you’re raising her together? I knew you were friends but you share responsibility for a child?”

 

BJ: “We’ve never said that we are friends. Seungwan and I have been married for six years.”

 

Interviewer: …….

 

SS: “Bye now!”

 

Fin