final.

my zombie girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

if the time skips seem to big. i'm sorry for that ;-;idk what was going through my mind when writing the last chapter- my brain gave up so expect some clownery and me having no logic to what i just wrote-

here's a zombie seulgi fanart i made :p

 

loneliness scared joohyun. it always had. despite the fact that she always had people around her, she still felt blocked. she wasn't much of a talker either, so it was up to her friends to spark up her voice whenever they converse. she blamed herself for wanting to be alone even though she was scared. whenever she was invited to some sort of event, she would sit in the corner, waiting for someone. someone to talk to her. 


the apocalypse took a toll of her fear even more. the streets of seoul were silent, no one was present. even if you did find a person, there would be a likely chance for them to be not trusted. everyone was selfish. she was left all alone to wander the desolate city. 


and then seulgi found her. a very… unique zombie.


inside the airport was a bunch of zombies, limping around aimlessly. and one of them was seulgi, although she was quite different from them. she walked to her friend moonbyul who was sitting on a chair, asking her if she wanted to hunt down for food.


they search through the streets of the city, finding humans to feast on as their dinner. until they stumbled upon a gas station. seulgi smelled a faint smell of lavender from the building. the blood inside of the veins in her eyes pumping. there was a human nearby.


seulgi and several other zombies make their way to the gas station, barging through the glass doors and scanning their dead eyes around and over the empty shelves. seulgi's eyes landed on a particular door. the scent of a human was coming from that door. she turned to the zombies who were minding their own business. seulgi signaled moonbyul to lead the zombies out since this was going to be her meal and proceeded to head to the door.


just outside the slightly ajar door, seulgi heard heavy breathing. she her dry lips and grabbed the doorknob, pushing it in. and there she was, a brown-haired woman, dark eyes, holding her at gunpoint but something caught her attention even more. this woman has captured her zombie heart. 


seulgi felt weak at that time. this human was a beauty. the human began to threaten her to step back and get away from her. seulgi complied, thinking she shouldn't approach the human with this appearance but she did anyway. she understood every word the human woman said. sitting on the same ground the human sat on, she flashed a small apologetic smile.


“pr–pr—ee..ty.” 


it was her first human-like word. before, all she kept blabbering out of were random groans and grunts. this human-made her want to talk. seulgi talks more, saying that she wasn't going to hurt the human. soon the human began to warm up more. the human woman named joohyun trusted her and she wants to keep it that way.

 

-

 


the camp went silent once joohyun arrived alone. she only brought herself in her worn-out, blood-covered clothes, hands clenched closed. the half-zombie who would always be beside her was not present. joohyun head was slightly tilted down, staring at the dirt ground where she tried to hide her pained expression. wide eyes with a blank mind. the trauma of seeing seulgi dying was engraved in her thoughts. joohyun kept a straight face when she walked to a worried seungwan. 


but as soon as she lifted up her head, tears spilled down her cheeks and a pair of arms wrapped around her. the two youngest just watched grieving for joohyun's loss. although they were not quite close to seulgi, they still felt bad. the effect of seulgi's death affected joohyun greatly and they saw that. both of them have experienced their difference by each other's side and for one to be gone was emotional. 


joohyun cries on seungwan's shoulder as the younger pats her back, comforting the languish woman. seungwan had known joohyun to be a strong person, not the type to break down her four walls easily. it was rare to see joohyun cry as she built herself to be impassive, showing no emotions. and this was one of the rare moments. a vulnerable joohyun. even only seeing a bit of their chemistry seungwan saw that joohyun and seulgi's relationship was just like what you'd see in a normal couple.


“s-seungwan, s-she is…”


“unnie, everything will be okay. i'm sure seulgi wouldn't want you crying so much.”


seungwan gave a warm smile, cupping joohyun's cheeks and wiping away the older woman's tears. she saw joohyun's moist black eyes that filled with so much sadness. joohyun closed her eyes shut, the collected tears forming and falling from the corners of her eyes. she opened them while looking at the gloomy, grey clouds inclosing them.

 

-


it was a miracle. the walking corpses were now living. everyone, each survivor watched the change that was happening in and out of the zombies. the lifeless, greedy eyes started to show color, everything about their body was. they begin to lose their hunger for human meat. people started to come out into the streets and explore without any interference from the undead. society began to build again. everything started off small due to the lack of some materials. the government had announced the quarantined areas are open. the safe zones, an area in the city where the rich resided in let survivors and the healing—changing zombies allowed to enter if help was needed.


although the undead was healing. others were still in disbelief, refusing to go out thinking that the undead is still dead. some attacked the healing and their frail and fragile bodies bruised heavily. soon enough it was under control. months after, seoul was getting back to where it was before the apocalypse slowly. people's fears from stepping outside their safe place fade.


in a family-sized house, joohyun watched through the windows. rain pours on the city, the sound of the calming rain droplets hitting the window kept her at ease. she rests her head on her arm that was placed the window sill. with a cup of tea in hand, as she raised her head she took small sips. the dullness of her eyes bears longingness. one year inside this house she used to call home. her sister, her only family was nowhere to be found. she hoped that her sister is out there somewhere, slowly healing. she wants to find jaehwa but her body was not willing to go out of the house.


her friends seungwan, sooyoung, and yerim went separate ways to search for their family members but they still kept in touch. seungwan would constantly call her to make sure she was okay and if she needed something. joohyun often refused to result in seungwan visiting her after. the zombie, moonbyul stayed with her inside the house. moonbyul, as healing, was outgoing and always tried to cheer her up. joohyun would crack a small smile that would be gone in just a second. moonbyul knew that joohyun was still affected by seulgi's death.


joohyun was still not over seulgi's passing. she kept quiet and only responded with meek nods and head shakes. whenever an authority checks up on the house, it ended up with suspicion and moonbyul talking to them instead. it wasn't a big deal but apparently, it was for others that she hasn't gone out of the house. she stayed in the basement where she had hidden something from her friends. a secret that she and moonbyul shared. 


“joohyun? i think it's time to check on her again.” moonbyul said, eyeing towards the basement door. joohyun nods as a reply and stood up from the couch, walking towards the oak door. she turned the knob, pulling the door open. the pitch-black stairway was barely visible by the small patch of light coming from the basement. she trudged down the stairs, holding the empty cup in hand and the other to the wooden railings. 


she the lights. the lights flickered on and here she was. the basement that reminded her of her traumatic childhood. she still envisioned her dad's dead body tied up on the chair in the middle of the room. the syringes that were injected from his neck to his forearm, containing chemicals that were not meant to enter one's body. bae wooseok had always spent his whole time here, barely spending time with his family—the cause of his death. well, her mother killed him.


in the room were many of her dad's old equipment. a few cardboard boxes on the corners and dusty, almost empty bookshelves. there were a few papers and folders scattered across the room, written on it were familiar words and sketches. she had no time or business to check what was actually on it so she ignores it. in the middle was a hospital bed, an unconscious body resting on it. joohyun puts down her empty cup on a nearby table and approached the body, grasping the calloused hands. 


“seulgi, when are waking up?" joohyun asks, although knowing that no reply would be received. seulgi's body had been staying in the basement since the latter's death. as creepy as it sounds, joohyun knew that se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter