Secrets (2)

You're My Sun

//Wheein POV//

It’s strange, usually, Byul unnie would come to our class and walk home together, but she’s late. Maybe she went home on her own?

“Hyejinie, maybe Byul unnie had something to take care of so she went home without us. We should go home to”

“But Wheeinie, don’t you think it’s strange? Unnie wouldn’t forget about our promise, right?”

 “I think we should check her up”. Hyejin nods and we immediately head to unnie classroom. Upon arriving to her classroom, only her bag is present. She’s nowhere to be found.

“Hyejinie, do you think those girls are after her again? They’re getting on my nerve”

“Wheepup please calm down”. Hyejin hug me from behind and I feel better, my anger subsides, but I know we need to find Byul unnie.

“Thank you Hyejinie, I feel better. But we need to search for unnie, I’m really worried about her”.

“Wheein, let’s wait for her, maybe she’s in the toilet? Or, I don’t know, anything could happen.”

“Okay, but only for ten minutes” I took a seat and wait for her.

Ten minutes’ up, I got up from my seat and told Hyejin I want look for Byul unnie. I got up from my seat and I stop my track when I saw her with another girl. We run to her and hug her.

“Unnie, we were really worried you know? I thought you forgot about the promise today”.

[Flashback]

“Unnie, I want to eat ice cream. You have to treat us, you’re the older one after all”

“What? That doesn’t even make sense. Hyejin should treat us since she’s younger than us”

“Hey don’t drag me into this!” We all gave a big laughter and after that, Byul unnie hug me.

“Well, if you want, I will treat you, but you have to wait for two weeks. There’s a new ice cream shop near my house. I promise, two weeks.”

“It’s decided then unnie, you have to treat us in two weeks! Don’t forget, okay?”

Unnie gave us a warm smile

[End of flashback]

 “Wheein? You thought I forget?” Her face shows it all. Yup, she forgot about it.

“Anyway, Wheein, Hyejin, this is Yongsun, my new classmate”.

“Hi, I’m Hyejin, this is Wheein, you can her Wheepup”

“Hi, my name is Yongsun, nice to meet you”

“So, you’re the same age with Byul unnie?”

“Well, she’s older than me”

“WHAT? Yongsun unnie, you look so young, I thought you’re younger than Byul unnie”. She looks away, trying to hide her smile I guess.

//Yongsun POV//

Do I look that young? Well, it’s a good thing I suppose. Now that I think about it, why is Byul crying? Why didn’t she respond to my voice before? I don’t understand. What about these two, do they know about it? Maybe I should ask them about it later.

“Yong, what’s wrong?”

“Oh, um, nothing, let’s go home,” I said cheerfully. I hope she doesn’t notice. Anyway, I need to get Wheein or Hyejin number.

I have a little chat with Wheein and Hyejin while waiting for Byul to pack up her things. After that, we went home. Weird thing is, our home is literally in the same direction. What a stupid coincidence, because this only happens in a fairy tale or imagination. I was lost in my thoughts, then I return my focus to them and listening to their conversation quietly. Byul is walking in front of me with Wheein, and I’m behind with Hyejin. I thought that this might be a good time to get her number or at least a way to contact her.

“Hyejin, can I get your number please?”

“Sure unnie, but you’re not hitting on me, right?” She said while laughing. I laugh at her word and denying it, saying things like I want to know her better and wanted to become friends with her. She smiles and gladly gives her number and Wheein. On our way back home, we stop by a small ice cream shop and Byul treated us. She said she’s fulfilling her promise to Hyejin and Wheein, I guess I’ll go on ahead since I was planning to read a new novel I just bought.

“Wait Yongsun, here” She hands me a chocolate sundae and I was confused. “Well, I thought you want one, so I got you one. Don’t worry, it’s my treat”. I gladly accept it and start eating the sundae.

“Love is in the air~,” Hyejin said, teasing Byul and…me?

“Ahn Hyejin! Stop that!” She raises her voice; her face is red from embarrassment I guess. I stare at them, I’m not sure but whatever. I look around the shop and see the owner laughing with another customer. I guess the owner’s nice. I realize I should go home; my parents would be worried about me.

“Everyone, I’m going home first, I think my parents are worried about me” I head for the exit after saying goodbye to them and head home

[Yongsun House]

“Hi, mom, dad. Sorry I’m late”

“Hi Yong, did something happen? You look very happy.”

“Yeah dad, I’m really happy today!” I started to tell him about school today and Byul, and how I met Wheein and Hyejin too.

“Yong, please take a bath and then you can continue your story during dinner”

“Okay, mom!”

As the day went through, I kept thinking about what happened in the biology room. I can’t stop thinking about it, maybe I should ask Wheein or Hyejin, but isn’t it too sudden? I guess I should wait. I slowly close my eyes and try to sleep, feeling my eyelids starting to get heavy.

[Morning Comes]

I wake up and stretch my body, I immediately prepared myself for school. I opened my phone and find a message from my mother. ‘Dear, I have to leave with your father early in the morning. I have prepared breakfast for you. Enjoy :D’. I know they’re very busy, but at least they love me. I pack my lunch and go to school.

“Hey, Yongsun!” I turn around and see familiar faces. I smiled at them and greet them back. “Hi, um, Krystal, wasn’t it?”

 

 

Sorry for the wait, here's the new chapter! Tell me what you think in the comments! I appreciate your thoughts! I will try to update the next chapter on Saturday or Sunday. Please subscribe and upvote the story if you like it!