First Meeting

You're My Sun

Moonbyul stares outside the window, wondering when lunchtime will come. She hates class, not because she dislikes studying, it’s the opposite. She loves to read, she often spends her time at the library. Even the librarian recognizes her for being there so often. She loves quiet, she also loves and prefers to study by herself.

//Moonbyul POV//

Gosh, this class is so boring. I already knew about the Napoleonic war so could you skip that part already.  Every day felt the same, I hope that something wonderful would happen today. I hope today's lunch is kimbap.

“Miss Moon, would you please pay attention to the class.”

I look at the whiteboard and smile, then lost deep in my thought. I wonder what kind of people create such a boring school system like this. I look outside the window again and notice a girl near the school entrance. She looks pretty, I felt like my heart just skip a beat then I quickly erase those thoughts and return my attention to my teacher. Heeyeon is a great teacher and all, but since I already know about it, it bored me.

“Well then everyone, that’s for today's lecture. I have an assignment for you. Please write the history of Napoleon war and I want to know which part is interesting for you. Please write it in the form of an essay and submit it to me next week.” She said then she left the classroom.

[Lunch time]

Wheein look so happy today, she’s having a fruit salad and strawberry juice today for lunch and Hyejin is having kimbap and a banana with milk. I’m having a japchae and a green tea as lunch. As I start eating, I remember the girl I saw near the school entrance. “Wheenie, do you think something interesting is going to happen today?”

//Wheein POV//

I stare at Byul unnie, confused with her words. I slightly nod at her while showing my best smile, still wondering what she had in mind. Hyejin confused at her word and ask her about it. Unnie just gave her a warm smile. I wonder did anything good happened lately.

“Unnie, what happened? Did you see something interesting today? You look very happy. You kept smiling since we got here! It’s creepy you know.”

We all laugh together and she explained about the girl she saw this morning. Wondering if she’s a transfer student or just a visiting student from another school.

The bell rang, lunch break is over. I immediately pack my stuff and wave goodbye to unnie since we’re in a different class. I grab Hyejin's hand and start dragging her to our next class.

//Moonbyul POV//

I smile as Wheein and Hyejin left me. I grab my book and head to my class. On my way to the class, I saw the brown-haired girl from this morning and she looked confused. I approach her, wondering if she needs any help.

“Hi”

“Oh, hi” She smiled at me and my mind went blank. I immediately forgot what I was about to say and stared at her.

//Yongsun POV//

She looks like a boy, and this is kind of awkward. Why did she talk to me anyway? I hope she goes away. I thought as I gave her a fake smile.

“Um, do you need anything?” I said to break off the tension between us.

“Oh um, nothing. I’d never seen you before, so I thought you’re a transfer student and need a little help with the direction” She said as she looks away. I’m sure the heat’s getting into her, her face is kinda red.

“I see. Indeed, I am a transfer student. My name is Kim Yongsun, what’s yours?”

“Moon Byulyi, you can call me Moonbyul, or Byulyi. Up to you.”

She looks so pretty when she’s smil-WHAT THE HELL YONGSUN, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT. Calm down, she’s a girl, and I’m a girl, I can’t fall for her. She is cool though, like the girl crush type. Maybe she’s into a feminine boy.

“Um, so, do you need help?”

“Ah, yes, I do need a little help. You see, I need to get to class X-1, the principal said I’m assigned to that classroom.”

As I finish my sentence, I realize a smile formed on her face.