glad you answered yes (final.)

be my valentines? (please, say no)

A/N: 

 

Its very long and very very late for Valentines ksdjjssjsks im so sorry idk how did i even write long like this lmaoooo but it's okay, i hope y'all still will like this, i know its kinda disappointing but hey, i tried and please don't expect much! I'm such a er for cliché and idk if u can call this enemies to friends to lovers au
 

Note that they're already in their senior year already! And KkuChaen are classmates.
 

Thats all! Enjoy!






 

 




 

Lee Chaeyeon and Miyawaki Sakura are known for being great enemies— fighting about almost everything, especially in academics. Both are natural geniuses and nerds but they really can't stand each other's existence and would quarrel over petty things that even other students find their verbal brawls amusing yet tiring since they would fight every single day.

 

Well, of course, everything happens for a reason.

 

Chaeyeon isn't your typical quiet goody two shoes nerd, she's a whole troublemaker. She might be a smart- but she's not that much of a good girl, she's quite handful, Kwon Eunbi, the President of ENOZI's Supreme Student Council, will agree with that statement as she had many many encounters with the said girl at the principal's office or at the student council office with her other troublemaker friends— Yena, Yujin, and Hyewon. It's not a shocker that they're still not expelled or haven't been kicked out from the school for being mischievous delinquents since the four of them are actually ENOZI's pride in terms of academics and sports— but yeah, the major problem is only their behavior that even the principal's hair started to go gray because of too much stress on trying to discipline them (actually he already gave up in that field, letting Eunbi, with the help of the kind and soft spoken Vice Prez Minjoo, knock some sense to them).

 

Their hatred for each other started when Chaeyeon pranked the newly exchange student from Japan, Sakura on the first day of their freshmen year by tripping her in the corridor. The despisement grew when Chaeyeon always managed to top the so-called genius Sakura on exams and projects when all Chaeyeon ever did was to cut classes and fool around the school ground. Sakura was so furious, she can't complain because she witnessed how spectacular the delinquent girl is in terms of academics and sports but she was so bitter and angry to the point she burned Chaeyeon's research papers, her anger just fueled and her conscience for Chaeyeon no longer exist because the latter would always make fun of her and prank her whenever there's a time.

 

At first, Sakura doesn't speak, letting the other girl do ty things on her because she's still trying to adjust to her new environment and scared that she might be thrown back to Japan until she finally loses it and starts to fight back, there's where their petty quarrels started. They would glare each other when they meet at the hallways, giving each other dagger stares across the classroom when one of them managed to answer the teacher's question, and many more— they can't even be put into a same room or the air will be filled with tension, all they would do is to shout at each other's faces until someone finally drag Chaeyeon or Sakura away.

 

There's also a time when there's a class debate, Chaeyeon is on the agree team while Sakura is on the disagree team. The both of them only debated at the whole time and when Chaeyeon started to get personal, Sakura attacked her. Fighting for the Top 1 student in the school is their goal every three months. Sometimes, Chaeyeon would be the top one, sometimes, Sakura— they would just switch alternatively, that's how competitive they are when it comes to each other, losing to each other is a big embarrassment to them.

 

The students are used to them already, they've been being competitive towards each other since the past two years so seeing Sakura and Chaeyeon throw words in the middle of the hallway doesn't faze them and just treat it as a normal thing. They would just walk pass through them or would either watch if their fights are interesting and kinda funny until they will get dragged by their own friends away from each other. Some students would like to think that both of them actually likes each other but they are not yet ready for that conversation—

 

Sakura hates Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon hates Sakura. Or so?

 

However—

 

This day might be special.


 

Sakura stared blankly at the person in front of her with an expressionless face and cold eyes. Murmurs are flooding her ears.
 

Never have she thought this day would come, well, she actually thought this might happen someday but it's not the person whom she's thinking or dreaming of. The person who showed up is the least human being she wanted to face right now.

 

There stood, the oh-so-famous troublemaker Lee Chaeyeon with pursed lips and gaze full of disinterest as she stared down at Sakura while holding red balloons and a lone beautiful rose on the other hand. A whole big tarpaulin that says ‘WILL YOU BE MY VALENTINES, MIYAWAKI SAKURA?’ is being held by Yena at the back while Hyewon and Yujin are holding some bouquets of flowers and boxes of chocolates, there's even a huge 4 ft. teddy bear resting on the side, the three of them are grinning teasingly and mischievously.

 

Sakura clutched her books on her chest tighter, her brows twitching. “What the ?” She cursed, obviously confused and furious at what's happening. Nako nudged her from the side.

 

Chaeyeon gave her a shrug, then gave her a look. “What the , indeed,” She mimicked, annoying Sakura more. “It's because of the stupid bet, nothing else, dont assume Big Ears.” She added, using the pet name she made for Sakura to annoy her.

 

“I ing know this is a whole joke,” Sakura spatted, eyeing the person she hates the most. “But seriously? What will you guys even gain for doing this .” Sakura is not the type of person who swear and curse a lot but when Chaeyeon entered her life, she frequently curses. 

 

Yawning while playing with the balloons, Chaeyeon just gave her a bored look. “Just say no, so we can get over with this already,” She said, grunting a bit, earning a glare from Yena. “Hey! Stop saying that! Let Sakura reconsider, y'know? Who knows, she might be moved with this effort we did!” She happily said, giggling to herself, Yujin agreed in an instant.

 

Sakura never felt this offended in her life. The japanese girl's eyes narrowed. “Why would i—” Then something clicks.

 

She wanted to be mischievous, she wanted to do something that will piss Chaeyeon off, she doesn't want to be the only one who will experience a bad day after this.

 

Slowly curving up her lips into a smirk, Sakura gave them a smug look, making Chaeyeon nervous all of a sudden.

 

“Okay,” She paused, tilting her head slightly. “My answer is yes, I will be your Valentines tomorrow, Lee Chaeyeon.” She dropped the bomb making everyone gasp in shock, yes, everyone. Yujin almost dropped the chocolates. She can even hear Hitomi coughing harshly behind her.

 

Chaeyeon choked on her saliva, her eyes are bulged out and jaw hanging. She gave the smirking Sakura a pointed look. “Are you crazy?” She whispered harshly. She doesn't know what Sakura is planning, and she already dislikes it.
 

The brunette shrugged, flipping her silky hair while her other arm held the books on her chest. “The students around us are the witnesses, I will keep my word. You better show up tomorrow, yes? Or that'll be embarrassing.” She said, taking a few steps forward as she stole the rose from Chaeyeon's hand, staring right back at her with playful eyes. She then took a step backwards, pointing at the flowers and chocolates with the rose. “Keep this all, this rose would cover everything up. I'm expecting you tomorrow, Lee Chaeyeon,” She said in a serious tone before walking away from the scene, leaving Chaeyeon frozen, mouth agape.

 

Yena slapped her shoulders, squealing. “Would you look at that! You won't spend your Valentine's alone now!” She said, laughing wholeheartedly, making Chaeyeon glare at her and growl. “It's all your fault! I know she's planning something, I won't show up tomorrow and will never ever spend a day with her.” She replied with a cold tone and also walked away, letting the balloons fly to the sky as she puts her hands inside the pockets of her blazer, caring nothing less at the murmurs of the students.

 

ENOZI High has a tradition that whenever its Valentines day, you can ask the girl of your dreams, crush, or girlfriend to be your Valentines before the official day and have a date with her around the school premises. There's no classes whenever it's Valentines, ENOZI considers it as a school event. There's many couple booths, food stalls, and programs. Well if you're single, it's okay, you can still enjoy the event because it's not entirely for couples only, you can date your friends or yourself!

 

And there's also a tradition that when the girl whos been asked finally said yes to the person who asked, the said person needs to show up because if they won't, the student council will post their face(s) on the bulletin board and label them as a Ditcher, and give them detention since ENOZI hates people who plays or disappoint people— it's much more embarrassing than you thought, you'll be the talk of the day, that even the teachers would make fun of you. It's unbelievable but it exists on ENOZI High.

 

Hyewon, Yujin, and Yena watched Chaeyeon walk away from them. The first mentioned girl blinked and tilted her head to look at the two. “Bet she'll show up,” She said. Yena and Yujin smirked. “Oh I know, she will.”

 



 

Sakura sat on her swivel chair, relaxing her body as she released a soft sigh, gently spinning her chair.

 

“Saku-chan, me and Hitomi will go out to buy some dinner, any particular food you want?” Nako asked as she fixes her shoes, watching the older Japanese friend, Hitomi standing beside her.

 

“Any meat would do.” The brunette answered, eyes closed. She heard some fumbling and footsteps from the distance then Hitomi's voice. “Okay, we'll be back soon,” And the door was opened and closed.

 

Sakura enjoyed the silence, but she opened her eyes not long after, instantly darting on the rose sitting on the glass with water, and was placed on the study table. She groaned dramatically, letting her head drop on the wooden table with a soft thud.

 

“Ugh, just what are you doing, Miyawaki. You're so crazy… Now what will you do tomorrow,” She whispered to herself, ruffling her hair in frustration. “She might not even show up. That'll embarrass me greatly too.” She grumbled and sighed, staring at the rose before shaking her head and thoughts. Instead of thinking about the possible outcome tomorrow, she will just read her books.


 



 

Sakura didn't notice but she put a small effort on dressing up today. The school let them dress up whatever they wanted for today, dress freely and prettily, they say. Nako and Hitomi noticed this pretty quickly.

 

Early in the morning and Sakura looked troubled on what she will wear for today. The typical Sakura would throw whatever she first sees on her closet over her head and go out but this time, it's an exception. Sakura bothered to look for a great outfit this time.

 

She's wearing a simple white t-shirt with a classic design on it, a matching beige blazer and skirt, a pair of white slip on, and a beret— she even wore contact lenses and left her thick glasses on their dorm's table, and also applied some light make up.

 

Nako and Hitomi looked at each other and nodded as they watched Sakura check herself in the mirror, fixing her hair. They didn't say anything and just giggled.



 

The three of them reached ENOZI at exact 8 in the morning. The school grounds are already full with people and stalls, their eyes are already burning from all of those red themed stores and stuffs.

 

As they walked along the field, they noticed that many eyes are oggling at them— mainly at Sakura. It's not a surprise, Sakura is pretty and when she dress up, she's even more pretty, people are whipped for her.
 

In a short while, they spotted a familiar girl with short orange hair and holding a flower and teddy bear, she's heading in their direction and Sakura heard the squeals around them, and gave Hitomi a teasing grin.

 

Kim Chaewon. A member of the supreme student council, and Honda Hitomi's girlfriend of almost two years.

 

“Hey, Hitoma. Happy Valentines Day.” Chaewon shyly greeted the equally blushing Hitomi, handing her the gifts. The young japanese girl smiled brightly at her. “Thanks for this, Chaewon-unnie!” She beamed. The orange haired grinned before turning to Sakura and Nako. “I'll take Hii with me now, enjoy y'alls day, guys.” She said before dragging Hitomi to the booths.

 

Nako and Sakura smiled before looking at each other. “So…” Nako started, fiddling on her fingers while Sakura just chuckled. “It's okay, don't worry about me. Go find your giant baby.” She said, chuckling at Nako's pouty face. “Just call me if Chaeyeon didn't show up after an hour. I will surely burn her alive,” She said with a sinister and serious tone that even Sakura shivered and let out a nervous laugh. Nako is serious when it comes to this kind of things.

 

“I'll be heading now, Saku-chan, see you around!” Nako bid goodbye and walked away from her.

 

Sakura was left there in the middle of the field, sighing and shrugging before scanning her surroundings. “That asshat better show up,” She whispered as she felt disappointment crept up on her nerves. She shivered at the thought. Why would she be disappointed? She won't mind if Chaeyeon would never show up, like hell she cares!

 

She lets out a huff before going to their class' entry booth stall, it's a sweets booth. She greeted Yuri, who's attending the booth with Jiwoo assisting her. “Hey, guys.” She greeted, slipping inside the tent.

 

Jiwoo gave her a big wide grin then squealed. “Wow Sakura! You look so GOOD!” She complimented, eyes sparkling, making the said girl blush mad. “Yeah, you look great today. Cant wait for Chaeyeon to see you. Your beauty is absolutely jaw dropping!” Yuri piped in, also amazed at the older girl's beauty.
 

“Because you look good today, here, a free gummy!” Jiwoo exclaimed, grabbing a plastic container full of gummy worms and handed Sakura five pieces of it. The japanese girl started to chew one. “Thank you, guys, I actually don't expect that Chaeyeon will show up. Tss. I was just annoying her yesterday, and she knows it.” She revealed making Yuri and Jiwoo pout and she laughed them off. “I have nothing to do, can I also assist here?”



 

They managed to sell pretty well, Sakura has a lot of admirers and many of them willingly bought lots of sweets so they can have a short conversation with the beauty. She doesn't mind, as long as the booth is selling well. Yuri and Jiwoo are happy, because most of the profits will go to them.

 

She was arranging the containers and cleaning the table when someone finally shows up.


 

“Ahh, so you're just here.”

 

That familiar voice that irritates Sakura every time, managed to make her heart skip a beat.

 

The japanese girl froze on what she was doing and looked up.

 

She saw Chaeyeon standing in front of the stall, wearing an annoyed expression and those bored gaze. The girl is wearing a fitted black shirt tucked into faded jeans with converse shoes. Her hair is tied up into a low ponytail, her one side bangs is perfectly slicked on the side.


 

She looks absolutely fine.


 

Sakura unknowingly gulped, finding her mortal enemy attractive but she will never admit that, she's even disgusted at her own thoughts. Well, she's not blind anyway, more than half of the people in ENOZI has a crush on her. Who wouldn't? She has lots of charisma and such a good-looking human being even if she's so childish, being a volleyball player and dancer are major pluses too.

 

“Wow, didn't expect that you would really show up.” She played along, giving the frowning girl a fake smile. Chaeyeon scoffed, putting her hands inside the pockets of her jeans. “I'm not that kind of person,” She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. I was forced.”

 

The brunette huffed, shaking her head as she fixed her blazer, continuing to clean the table, she spotted Jiwoo and Yuri watching the scene unfold right before them with amused eyes. She also can notice some students whispering and looking at Chaeyeon with surprised and amazed gaze.

 

“Oh, you were forced. I get it. You can go and fool around with your troublemaker friends again, I'm betting that your hands must be itching to take off the plug of the speakers on the stage.” She added with a bored tone.

 

It made Chaeyeon frown even more, clicking her tongue then rolled her eyes. “Tch. Look, if i don't do this, Eunbi would smack the hell out of me, this is why i'm hesitant to do the dare. And it's not like I have any choice.” She said, scratching her head. Sakura hissed. “Like hell i care! Go away, shoo! If you won't buy anything.” She said, shooing the girl away.

 

She thought that finally Chaeyeon would finally give up but she was wrong. She saw the taller girl taking out her wallet, getting some good amount of cash before placing it on the counter. “That money definitely covers all of the remaining sweets here. Now that I finally bought all of it, can I get this stubborn big ear-ed creature now?” She asked towards the perplexed Jiwoo and Yuri. Sakura glared at her.

 

“You can't do that—” She was cutted off by Jiwoo who's already pushing her outside the stall, while smiling brightly at Chaeyeon. “Yes, yes! You may have her! Thanks and enjoy y'alls date!” She chirped, clasping her hands together while Sakura's jaw dropped at the action. She gave Jiwoo and Yuri a betrayed look but both of them shrugged it off and smiled.

 

Before she could even protest, she felt a warm hand wrapping around her upper arm, dragging her away. “H-Hey, wait!” She whined and instantly, Chaeyeon let go of her arm like her palm got burnt.

 

“What the hell is your problem?” Sakura hissed, crossing her arms, scowling and visibly annoyed as she glared at Chaeyeon who's not even sparing a glance at her. “Tch. Just hush down will ya'? You're so annoying.” The troublemaker exclaimed, also annoyed. It's not like both of them wanted to be together, they despised each other's guts. And scenarios like this are just so normal with them.

 

Sakura's scowl deepened. She can see people looking in their direction with shocked eyes. They are probably wondering why the great enemies are together on Valentines Day.

 

“Oh shut up, you can't be a like this around me for the whole day,” She growled. “Remember, Lee, you asked me to be your Valentines first so at least do better.” She added, rolling her eyes. “You know what? This wont work at all, we're just going to shout at each other's faces. I don't know why I said yes, anyway, probably just to annoy you.” She gave up, huffing a frustrated sigh.

 

There was a silence, Sakura didn't bother to look at Chaeyeon and rolled her eyes, turning her heels and ready to walk away when she was stopped by a warm hand engulfing her cold ones.

 

Her eyes widened and turned around to see the owner of the hand. It's none other than Lee Chaeyeon.

 

The taller is blushing madly, obviously embarrassed by doing such action. Her hold tightened. Sakura can't help but to blush too, but also confused. “What—”

 

“Am I doing it right?” Chaeyeon whispered, brows furrowing as she took a few steps forward until she's beside Sakura, then fixed their hands, intertwining them properly. Sakura's eyes widened and blushed uncontrollably, she never held hands like this with anyone before plus she didn't expect that she would hold hands with the person she hated the most. “Am I doing it right?” Chaeyeon repeated but with a soft tone. Everything is so new to Sakura. Chaeyeon never uses her gentle voice whenever she talks to her and being close with her like this, and their intertwined fingers!? Sakura needed time to process this.

 

Even the students around them stopped what they are doing to watch and gape at them, also shocked at what they are seeing right now.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” Sakura whispered, frowning yet blushing, her voice trembled a bit. Her answer made Chaeyeon click her tongue in annoyance, cheeks still tinted by red.

 

“You kept blabbering s then when i do something, you are shocked? You told me to be better, I'm just complying your request. Couples hold each other's hands, right?” The girl huffed, massaging her temples with her free hand. Sakura gritted her teeth. “But we're not a couple. I just wanted you to be more quiet and kind because i don't want arguments between us just for this day,” She replied blankly, trying to shake her hand off from Chaeyeon hold but it's too tight, and the latter even held it more tightly.

 

“We're a couple today, Valentines couple. I asked you yesterday, remember?” Chaeyeon said, emphasizing that she asked her to be her valentines last day. She then gave the japanese girl a pointed look.

 

“Why are you suddenly being pushy about us being a couple today? Just a few minutes ago, you said you were forced. Make up your mind will you?” Sakura replied with a plain tone, but clearly, she's teasing the troublemaker.

 

She heard Chaeyeon groaning which made her smirk.

 

“Ugh,” Chaeyeon grunted, annoyed, and also feeling shy. “You know what? Just don't complain. I'm trying my best here,” She said, pressing her lips into a thin line.

 

Sakura nodded, giving her a smirk. “No, not try, do it.”

 

“Whatever.” Chaeyeon huffed then started to look around, ignoring the stares of the students. “Where do you want to go anyway.” She asked, scratching the back of her ear, confused, not knowing where she could take Sakura— she doesnt pay attention to the stalls, like she cares anyway, she remembered how she cutted the wires of the speakers and burned vacant stalls last year but looks like she wouldn't do any today because she's stuck with the person she loathes a lot cause of that stupid dare. 

 

Sakura also scanned around then gave her a shrug. “I don't know,” She replied with a bored tone before dropping her gaze to their awkwardly yet perfectly intertwined hands. “Can you like, let go of my hand?” She asked politely but harshly. Chaeyeon ignored her and pointed a food stall from the distance.

 

“Hyewon is in that stall, tending it, we can get some food there.” She said and did not let Sakura answer, and just dragged her there.

 

“Slow down, I almost tripped!” Sakura hisses at her when they finally stopped infront of the stall. Chaeyeon scoffed. “Tch. Not my fault, it's yours. You have a pair of limpy wimpy legs” She said, before looking at the menu, ignoring Hyewon who's staring at them.

 

Sakura's eyes narrowed. “What did you just say about my legs?” She asked, giving the other girl dagger looks. Chaeyeon, once again, ignored her and stared at her friend who's giving her a teasing look and smirk.

 

“Well, who would have thought that you guys will go along very well.” Hyewon said with a fake honeyed voice, eyeing their hands. “You two would make a great couple. A superior couple. You two should date instead of fighting.”

 

“Hell no,” Sakura spatted, her voice is so dangerous and full of venom but her cheeks failed her, it's burning fiery red. “Not a chance. Disgusting.” She added making Chaeyeon roll her eyes.
 

“Tss. Does dating me really anger and disgust you so much?” The latter asked, there's a hint of bitterness and pain lingering on her voice.
 

“Yes.” Sakura answered immediately, then gulped when she saw the dark expression of her enemy.
 

Hyewon suddenly burst out laughing, earning a little attention. “Hahaha, oh god,” She said, shaking her head while chuckling. The two looked at her weirdly. “Can't wait for you to eat your words.” She added then stared at their intertwined hands again.

 

“What do you mean—”

 

“Oh shut up, Hyewon, just give us a large fries and a box of donuts.” Chaeyeon piped in, rolling her eyes. Hyewon clicked her tongue at the rude tone but she immediately did what she was told.

 

After a few minutes, Hyewon prepared the order and placed it on a plastic bag. “Here you go, Romeo.” She said, handing the order to Chaeyeon and the latter grabbed it with her free hand. “Okay, thanks,” She said and was about to drag herself and Sakura away from the place. “Oi! Your payment?” The japanese girl reminded and looked at the smiley Hyewon. “Nah, it's okay, it's on me. Enjoy your date.” She answered making her blush again.

 

Chaeyeon clicked her tongue before dragging Sakura away, blending with the crowd and ignoring the surprised stares.

 

“What on earth? Chaeyeon and Sakura?”

 

“They are a couple now?”

 

“I never thought this would happen someday!”

 

“They're not fighting and even holding hands! Oh god! It's not a dream, right?”

 

The gossips and hushed whispers made Chaeyeon roll her eyes and huff. “Can they just shut their mouths up.” She whispered. Sakura snorted. “Not gonna blame them. Even me, I'm still shocked that this would happen either. Great enemies, holding hands on Valentines Day. Who wouldn't be shocked? For two years, all we do is to ing compete.” She replied with a plain tone and sighed. Chaeyeon didn't answer and kept mum.

 

“Where are we going anyway?” She asked, letting herself get dragged. Chaeyeon answered this time. “At the soccer field.”

 

The soccer field is used as a dating/picnic spot today, they can sit there and eat, talk, or whatever. It's a good spot since it's windy and cool there. “You know that we'll gain lots of attention there, right?” Sakura can't help but to ask, her brows raising. As much as possible she wanted to avoid people.

 

“Let them gawk, as long as they won't bother us.” Chaeyeon replied as they are reaching their destination.

 

It's not that crowded but there's still a good amount of couples happily dating there.

 

The moment they reached the place, all of the people there, turned their attention on them, eyes widening. Both of them ignored it and strided towards the spacy spot, settling there on the grass. 

 

Chaeyeon finally let go of Sakura's hand so they could sit properly and prepared their food. But there's something missing.

 

“I forgot our drinks,” She announced, standing up. “Wait here for a bit, i'll just buy.” She added before sprinting down the field, away from her.

 

Sakura took a deep breath, taking out her phone from her purse, ignoring the stares as she put a fry inside . Nako texted her, saying that she heard that lots of students saw her and Chaeyeon together and asked her if it's true. She replied to the message, munching her fry.

 

When suddenly, an explosion can be heard from the distance, surprising her and the other couples. It's like crickets. The colorful sparks can be seen from the field.

 

Sakura froze, blinking. The sparks soon died down, and the people moved on because they knew who did the explosion and crickets at the middle of the Valentine event.
 

A few minutes later, Sakura spotted Chaeyeon sprinting towards her direction with a playful and sinister smirk while holding a plastic bag with two cans of soda.

 

The taller girl plopped down beside her, smik not fading even if she opened the soda can and placed it infont of Sakura. The japanese girl's eyes twitched.

 

“Are you the one who lit the crickets?” She asked with a firm and serious tone making Chaeyeon turn to her with a proud smile. “Yes, although Yena was the one who placed it there. We gotta spice the Valentines somehow— OUCH! Did you just hit me!?”

 

Sakura indeed smacked her. The japanese girl remained glaring at her, watching her frown and rub her head. “Can you atleast behave?” She said, more like plead. “You startled us!”

 

Chaeyeon rolled her eyes. “You're no fun. Besides, the people knew exactly who did it anyway.” She said, picking up a chocolate flavored donut, placing it near Sakura's lips. “Open up.” She demanded.

 

“The heck are you doing.” The brunette asked, eyeing the donut near her face. Chaeyeon shrugged, urging her to open up.

 

Doing better, like you wanted. Feeding you.” She replied with a bored tone. “Open up now, my arm is getting numb.” She added, now annoyed. Sakura hissed, her cheeks warming at the action. “I have two hands, I'm perfectly capable of feeding myself.” She insisted.

 

Chaeyeon's brow rose. “Now you're rejecting me whenever i do something? What the heck,” She said. “I'm trying my best to satisfy you here, lady.” Added by her, her hand with donut still not retreating.

 

“Wow, what a charmer. You probably always do this with your girls.” Sakura huffed, not intentionally sounding a bit jealous and blushed when she realized it, fortunately, Chaeyeon shrugged it off. “I don't have any girls, or a girl,” She answered with a bored look.

 

“I never ever dated any person at all, that's why i'm getting references from the couples around us. I know nothing about romance and s. So I don't know whom girls that you were talking about. Where did you even hear that rumor? I only hang out with my friends, no one else. This is my first time hanging out with another person.” Chaeyeon explained further, there's no hint of lies. It's true. She never dated anyone until now. She might look like the playgirl type but she actually doesn't even care about girls or boys anyway, she has no interest in dating at all. She would rather wait for the right person than fool with someone who she doesn't even like.
 

Sakura was left speechless. Well, she never heard any news about Chaeyeon dating for the whole two years of her studying here at ENOZI, and she even heard how she always rejects the people who tried to confess to her. As much as possible, she would distance herself to other people too, sticking with her other troublemaker friends.

 

“Tsk, you should be flattered. You're the only person who I am giving effort to, doing stuffs that I don't usually do like this just to make you satisfied. And the fact i'm doing this to you, the person i loathe a lot. ing unbelievable, i must be insane.” She said, taking a deep breath before staring at the silent Sakura again. “Eat up. My arm is getting really numb.” She announced.

 

Sakura sighed, clenching her fist before finally taking a bite from the donut. Chaeyeon retreated her arm after Sakura took a bite and dusted the crumbs that fell away from her skirt.
 

The couples around started to murmur again. And Chaeyeon is getting annoyed.

 

She took a sip from her cider, then bit the same donut that Sakura ate before offering her to bite the donut. The japanese girl bit it without any objections.

 

After they finished their food, Chaeyeon suddenly stood up, making Sakura confused. “Where are you going? Are you going to burn a stall or?” She asked, snickering. The troublemaker shrugged, lending her hand infront of Sakura, offering a support. “The stares are suffocating me, we won't have a peaceful day if we stay around here at school,” She answered.

 

The japanese huffed and stood up on her own, grabbing their trash. “I can perfectly stand up.” She sassily said while Chaeyeon just gave her a bored look. “Tch, yeah right.” She said and moved her hand towards Sakura's one, grabbing it then intertwined it like from earlier before dragging her out from the field, attention on them as they exit.

 

Blushing while eyeing their hands, Sakura shyly grunted. “You don't always need to hold my hand, you know? It's not that necessary.” But Chaeyeon just gave her a look and a huff, tightening her hold once more like she's scared to lose Sakura.
 

They keep walking and walking, Sakura felt uncomfortable because of the gazes of the people. “Where are we going anyway?” She asked the taller one.

 

“To the parking lot,” Chaeyeon simply answered but it made Sakura alerted. “What!? Explain right now!”

 

Chaeyeon winced at the loud voice. “We're just going to be stared at for the rest of the day, their stares are suffocating me and i know you felt uncomfortable too. So, we're going to get out of here and go to a place where no one can watch us.” She explained as they reached the parking space. Sakura squinted her eyes, brows furrowing. “The school forbids the students to go out until 3pm. Its just 10.” She said with a slackened jaw.

 

“So? Tch, they are not the boss of us. They won't realize we're out anyway.” Chaeyeon answered, stopping infront of a shining blue car before getting something from her pocket. When she retreated it, she's holding a car key and pressed it, the expensive looking car lit up and made a beep-ing sound.

 

Sakura's eyes widened. “This is your car?” She asked, pointing at the good-looking blue car in front of them. Chaeyeon scoffed. “Yes, It's mine. Funny how you didn't know I use a car whenever I go here at school.” She said, shaking her head. The japanese girl gave her a pointed look. “I do know that you ride a car, but I didn't know you ride this luxury car right here.” She said, taking a glance at Chaeyeon's 2019 BMW i8 Roadster.

 

“Well, now you know. Hop in.” The troublemaker said, opening the car door for her, letting her slip inside the vehicle.
 

She took her sweet time to scan the interior of the car, and it really looks cool and it even smells expensive. Chaeyeon slipped inside the driver's seat, buckling her seatbelt before turning on the engine, making the car alive then didn't move.
 

Sakura was left confused when Chaeyeon didn't move then suddenly she heaved a sigh, turning around before leaning in dangerously close that the brunette yelped in shock and tried to lean away as much as possible while closing her eyes when she saw Chaeyeon's face getting closer.

 

Then she heard a clicking sound, making her eyes flutter open. Chaeyeon is still leaning but there's enough distance between their faces. The latter rolled her eyes, settling on her seat before starting to maneuver the car out of the parking lot. “Seatbelt. Never forget to buckle your seatbelt.” She muttered, eyes on the road but in her peripheral vision, she can perfectly see Sakura's blushing face which made her smirk.

 

There was a pregnant silent for a few minutes, Sakura would just spare a glance at the driving Chaeyeon but didn't speak, just examining her silently but intently that even Chaeyeon shivered and gulped.

 

Sakura's eyes traced her whole side profile, her gaze lingering for a long time at Chaeyeon's jawline before snapping into the reality, blushing madly when she realized what she's doing.

 

Chaeyeon is attractive, but she looks more attractive when she's focused on driving. Sakura almost slapped herself for thinking like that.

 

“Where are we going?” Sakura asked after she cleared .
 

“Lunch.”
 

“But we just ate? I'm still full.”
 

“Then any place in mind?”
 

“No…”
 

“...”
 

“...”

 

Chaeyeon softly sighed, taking a U-Turn all of a sudden, adjusting the gear lever, making the car move faster. “So?” Sakura asked.

 

“We're going to my house.” Chaeyeon answered, not sparing Sakura a glance.
 

“WHAT!?” The japanese is bewildered, making Chaeyeon roll her eyes.

 

“My house is just nearby, it's very peaceful there too. We can do lots of stuff there without anyone bothering us.” She answered, shrugging. “OUCH! I'm driving, are you crazy, woman!?” She growled when Sakura slapped her arm, hard. She looked at her and rose a brow when she saw Sakura furiously blushing.

 

“Y-You ert!” She hissed. Chaeyeon's frown deepened. “What! Why the hell—” Then, she realized something before giving Sakura a teasing smirk. “I didn't mean it that way, don't assume. I will never do that to you, duh? We will just hang out there, tsh. Green-minded woman.” She answered, shaking her head in amusement, making Sakura blush even harder. The japanese hit her again. “HEY!”

 

“What did you just call me!?” Sakura hissed, crossing her arms, trying not to feel embarrassed.

 

Chaeyeon laughed. “Green-minded woman,” She repeated, earning another smack from her enemy. “Ouch! Stop hitting me, will you!?” She huffed.

 

The car then entered a heavily guarded village, but when the guards saw the familiar car, they immediately opened up the gates. Sakura's eyes widened when she saw the name of the village they are currently in. Fiesta Homes. One of the most expensive and well guarded villages around Seoul. Lots of celebrities and influential people reside here. Sakura can't help but to gape at the tall and modern houses around. 

 

After driving for a bit, the car came to a halt in front of a high wall and a big gray gate. Sakura watched the camera from above the corner move towards their direction, the small red light turning green before the gate slowly opened, sliding behind the high brick walls.

 

Chaeyeon maneuvered the car inside, entering the property. Sakura watched the gates close behind with agaped mouth and looked forward.

 

The car then slowly moved through the spacy pathway, and the taller girl then parked the car near the porch.

 

Turning off the engine, Chaeyeon unbuckled her seatbelt, waiting for Sakura to undo hers before going outside, opening the car door for her.

 

She watched Sakura scan her surroundings, admiring the flowers on the side of the pathway and staring at the spacy and grassy yard at the side before looking up to gawk the two-storey modern house in front of her with dropped jaw. She let her admire for a while until she heard a voice from behind. She turned around and saw Hanmin, a middle-aged woman who's her companion in the house and caretaker of hers, approaching her with a kind smile and curious eyes.

 

“Young Miss, you're early.” She said, her eyes darting to Sakura who seems to be enjoying gawking around. Chaeyeon shrugged. “School is boring.”
 

Hanmin chuckled and stared at Sakura who finally noticed her presence and bowed at her. “And who might be this pretty stranger? You never brought anyone here except for those three. Mayhaps, a new friend or more?” She teased making Chaeyeon groan while Sakura blushes.
 

“Oh stop it, Aunt Hanmin,” She huffed. “This is Sakura, Sakura this is Aunt Hanmin.”
 

The older woman smiled kindly at Sakura and bowed a bit. “Nice to meet you, Sakura-ssi. I'm glad to see that Young Miss open up, it seems like you're very special to her.” She said, teasing them again, making Sakura go beet red, even Chaeyeon. “Ugh, cut it off Aunt Hanmin. I thought you'll be going to Myeongdeong?” She tried to change the topic.

 

Hanmin chuckled. “Ahh yes, please excuse me and have fun, i won't be going home until 3.” She said, bowing to Chaeyeon and gave the awkward couple a teasing look before making way to the Kia Seltos that is parked at the parking space with the other two cars. Both of them watched the car drive off.

 

Chaeyeon awkwardly scratched her nape. “Let's go inside?” She said before walking to the front door, Sakura silently following her. She opened the large mahogany door and let Sakura enter first before entering and closing the door.
 

Sakura's jaw dropped once again when she saw the interior. Chaeyeon took off her shoes, placing it at the rack before grabbing two pairs of comfy slippers, putting the pink pair near Sakura's foot. The japanese girl wordlessly slipped off her foot from her shoes and wore the pink fluffy slippers prepared for her. Chaeyeon picked up her shoes and placed them on the shoe rack before walking down to the living room.

 

“Welcome, i guess? Feel at home.” She awkwardly announced, stopping there in the middle.
 

Sakura waddled over towards her, looking around, admiring the cozy yet elegant interior. “Nice house,” She complimented. “Where are your parents? Away?” She asked.
 

She watched Chaeyeon make her way to the huge spacy living room, gesturing her to sit at the expensive leather couch that can fit atleast 6 people. “I only live here, they live in their own house.” She answered making Sakura almost trip. “Huh!?”

 

The taller girl scoffed, pulling Sakura closer and made her sit on the couch. “I decided to live independently. They gave me this house and cars as a gift, I think.” She replied with a plain tone.

 

Sakura knew Chaeyeon is super rich, but not this super filthy rich. She felt so small in the homey house, she never really experienced entering a beautiful house like this. Their whole dorm's size is probably her bathroom only.

 

“You can watch or whatever, I'll just prepare some snacks. There's magazines there if you don't want to watch.” Chaeyeon said, handing her the remote before disappearing to the kitchen, probably. Sakura awkwardly shifted into her seat, fumbling over the remote and turned the 60 inches television on, the t.v. has this distance from the couch, a large coffee rectangular coffee table is placed in front of the couch. She also looked around and spotted some paintings, vases, and figurines, she can also see a shelf full of fiction books near the glass window.

 

Sakura took a deep breath, she doesn't exactly know how they ended up here but hopefully, it'll be worth it and fun, they might finally end their stupid rivalry and be friends today but who knows? If Chaeyeon is being annoying then she won't think of asking for a peace treaty between them ever again.

 

She let herself watch the drama that is playing on the television as she waits for Chaeyeon. The latter didnt took long and came back with a tray, yes a whole as tray. She placed the cranberry juice and two glasses at the side before putting different kind of snacks at the rest of space and just pushed the tray in the corner and plopped beside Sakura but of course, with distance.

 

The brunette picked up a bag of marshmallows while Chaeyeon grabbed a bag of chips. Both of them ate in silence, their gazes fixed on the television but Sakura felt like suffocating after a while because it's so boring and this is not a whole date at all.

 

“You know what? Let's do something. It's getting boring.” Sakura started, sinking down to the comfortable seat. Chaeyeon hummed. “Anything in mind?”

 

“Nope. How about you think something productive to do? We're at your house.” Sakura replied with an annoyed tone and rolled her eyes. Chaeyeon stared at her with a slackened jaw, feeling offended. “No need to use that tone with me. I'm asking you nicely and you say things like that. May I remind you that I'm new to this? I don't exactly know what to do, that's why I always ask you. I want to know what you want, I will comply.” She replied, a little bit annoyed too. It somehow made Sakura feel guilty and kept mum.

 

Chaeyeon sighed. “I don't exactly know what you wanted to do or whatever. I have lots of books you can read, I have a library here. If you want, let's go to the rooftop to get some fresh air and drink chocolate milk. I also have a game room here.” She suggested, trying to make Sakura won't feel bad with herself, she should be nice towards the other girl, she's the one who dragged her here.
 

Sakura suddenly froze, her ears perked up with the mention. “You have a game room?” She asked. Chaeyeon hesitantly nodded. “Yeah? I have a big PC and PS4 games. I'm complete with games.” She replied and Sakura squealed hard.

 

“Why didn't you say so oh my god! Lets go lets go! I can play there all day!” Sakura exclaimed, jumping up and down from her seat. Of course, game nerd. Sakura loves playing games and sort of stuff but unfortunately, she only got a switch and had to sell her PS4  because of financial issues back then.

 

Chaeyeon blinked, brows slowly furrowing as she realized something. “Wait, wait, wait…” She said. “Play all day? And ditch our date? No uh, lady, i won't allow you to have a step inside that room. We're here to spend the day together. I'll let you play next time instead.” She said, snickering as she crossed her arms, watching Sakura's face fall.

 

Sakura is too heartbroken to process what had Chaeyeon said and her tone. “Whatttt! Nooo, you can't be like this!” She angrily huffed. Chaeyeon scoffed. “Whatever. How about let's just have a decent talk about random things? We always shout and argue, let's try having a serious talk, shall we?” She suggested and seems like Sakura is interested in it too. “I like the sound of that, okay.” She answered, delighted that Chaeyeon is also making an effort for them to be in good terms and be friends.

 

They talked about random things, and we're easily engrossed. They didn't raise their voices on each other and just having a decent talk. Both of them realized and learned a lot from each other like their common interests and stuff. They even shared anecdotes of themselves and even had a good few laughs and chuckles. They never thought they would go along well like this. This isn't so bad after all.

 

But when they learned both of them are big fans of Red Velvet and voiced out their opinions, chaos suddenly ensues.

 

“What do you mean that Bad Boy is their best title track,” The Irene-biased growled, eyes narrowing towards Chaeyeon, who's a Seulgi-biased. “Tasteless. Obviously, Red Flavor is the best.”

 

Chaeyeon squinted her eyes, leaning a little bit closer with dark expression. “I said what I said. Bad Boy outsold.” She firmly said making Sakura glare at her, dark aura emitting from her. “Oh no, sweetie pie. Red Flavor is way better than Bad Boy!” She hissed, also leaning in.

 

“No, Bad Boy is the real deal, you tasteless person.”

 

“Are you even ing hearing yourself? Red Flavor, Song of the Year last 2017.”

 

“Shut up, Red Flavor is annoying.”

 

“What the did you just say?” Sakura said with a deep and angry tone, grabbing Chaeyeon's collar, ready to punch her but Chaeyeon glared back.

 

Both of them glared intensely at each other. This is what i mean by them arguing over petty things, they're making a small argument into a heated and big one.

 

Chaeyeon took a deep breath. “I thought no arguing or stuff. God, we can't really go through our day without arguing, I'm already sick of it.” She said and Sakura slowly let go of her colar when she realized her actions, sinking back to her seat. “We really argue over petty stuffs.”
 

“Agree.”

 

Chaeyeon shrugged. “It's a big step atleast, we didn't shout at each other's faces for almost thirty minutes and actually really shared a decent talk.” She said, being positive. Sakura nodded along.

 

Suddenly, Chaeyeon stood up, glancing at her gold Rolex watch. “It's almost lunchtime already. I'll cook for us, any food you want?” She asked.

 

Sakura is in awe. “You cook?” Chaeyeon nodded. “Wow, okay. Can you please make Kimchi fried rice and curry?” She answered then Chaeyeon shrugged, giving her a small smile. “Okay. I'll be heading to the kitchen. You want to come? I'll keep you entertained while I cook.” She offered and Sakura instantly rose from the couch and turned the television off. “I want to watch you cook, kinda unbelievable that you know how considering that you're so playful and looks like who doesn't know about doing chores.” She honestly said making Chaeyeon glare at her.
 

“I want to live independently, of course, I know how to cook. I can't rely everything to Aunt Hanmin. I usually clean up too.” She said and turned her back, walking down where the kitchen is located.

 

Sakura settled herself at the counter top, letting herself sit at one of the tall stalls as she admired the modern and elegant kitchen. The kitchen is also complete and looks so expensive, it's spacy too. The dining table is just small and is placed in the corner, near the glass door that leads to their poolside. Sakura can even see the huge swimming pool from here.

 

She just silently watched Chaeyeon do her thing, and again, she found the troublemaker attractive while cooking, and again, she will never admit it outloud. Her gaze would move from her hands that are carefully cutting the onions to her focused face. At this point, she's literally checking the girl out.

 

She really looks so mature and attractive, like she doesn't vandalize the school bathroom, prank the teachers, burn the trees, etc.

 

There's still a lot in Chaeyeon that she has yet to discover but she will admit that Chaeyeon is not really a bad person, she just liked to clown around. Mayhaps, she doesn't loathe her anymore, but there's still hate.

 

She watched Chaeyeon skillfully toss the pan, stirring the fried rice. She just pouted and rested her chin on the shiny gray marble countertop.

 

“Why are you so silent?” Chaeyeon suddenly asked, attention focused on the fried rice. “I can multitask. I can talk while I cook. You can annoy me.” She said, then turned off the stove, letting the rice cool off a bit while her attention shifted to the curry that she's making.
 

“Nah, I prefer not to. My mouth is tired from all the talking.” Sakura answered, yawning as she massaged the back of her neck. Chaeyeon hummed. “As long as you're comfortable.” She replied back.

 

Both of them don't give each other glares and sarcastic exchanges. Chaeyeon also talks to her with her soft and gentle tone now. Sakura felt her heart fluttering because of how gentle Chaeyeon is around her. She's not used to everything that is currently happening but she's kinda enjoying seeing the other side of her greatest rival because she liked this Chaeyeon more than the cocky, childish, and arrogant one. If Chaeyeon just didn't trip her two years ago, this rivalry won't happen at all, she won't be bitter about Chaeyeon placing at the top one spot.

 

“Wow, deep thoughts?” She heard Chaeyeon snickering and she rolled her eyes playfully. The girl in apron slowly made her way towards her, taking a seat on the tall stall beside her. “Why? Anything's bothering you?” She asked with that gentle and worried tone, oh, shivers. Sakura is not used to it, but she liked it very much.

 

“Well, I'm not used to this. We literally despise each other's guts then this happened. Oh, fate.” She voiced out, taking a deep breath. Chaeyeon chuckled. “It's for the better. Good thing that stupid bet worked out in the end.” She said.

 

“Huh, you're really enjoying being together with me, huh?” Sakura teased, smirking slightly. Chaeyeon shrugged, puckering her lips a bit. “And what if i do? What are you going to do about it?” She answered and both of them made eye contact.

 

Sakura was left speechless, so she just stared, not knowing what to say.

 

Then Chaeyeon stood up, walking to the stove to turn it off then leaned against the counter, looking at her. “Well, to be honest. I'm surprisingly enjoying spending time with you. It felt refreshing. I don't want to continue our stupid rivalry anymore anyway. I didn't mean to annoy the hell out of you, and shout at you. I apologize for everything I did and said to you. You're a great person to be with, Sakura.” Chaeyeon said, honest and so soft that the brunette felt her heart quaking.
 

“I would like to start off with you, we're going to be better than in the past.” She added, smiling, too meaningful for Sakura's liking. She then walked to the opposite side of the counter, lending her hand for a handshake.

 

Sakura's lips slowly curved up into a smile. Slowly reaching for Chaeyeon's hand, gripping it tightly. “Sure.”


 

Both of them ate their lunch peacefully, casually talking with each other like they didn't fight for almost everyday in two years. The loathe that she felt towards Chaeyeon slowly decreases, too fast than she thought. Whenever the troublemaker smiles and laugh at her stories, and talks with her with sincere eyes and gentle tone, the hate she's feeling toward Chaeyeon is slowly subsiding.

 

Lee Chaeyeon is a great person. Too bad Sakura learned it late but it's okay, at least they managed to solve their petty misunderstandings and stupid rivalry.

 

Miyawaki Sakura is a great person. Chaeyeon knew all along.

 

And she's glad they are finally in good terms already. Somewhat.

 

They hung out at Chaeyeon's humble abode for a few hours— the troublemaker took her for a short tour around her house, including the game room, it took awhile for Sakura to step out of that room, and with a broken heart and sulky pout because Chaeyeon didnt let her play but the taller girl somehow didn't managed to resist her charm and let her play her switch instead.

 

Now, they're in the living room, just lazing around. Chaeyeon is taking a nap on the other side of the couch while Sakura is busy playing the switch happily. They've been like that for a few hours already and Sakura is getting slowly bored on playing switch, she wanted to annoy Chaeyeon but the taller looks so angelic and peaceful while sleeping, so she just admired Chaeyeon's sleeping face instead until Nako called.
 

“Moshi moshi?” Sakura greeted, her eyes still glued at Chaeyeon who's sleeping at the side.

 

“MOSHI MOSHI WHAT? You've been missing all day!? And you won't answer your phone earlier? Where are you? Hii is worried.” Nako growled from the other side so loudly that Sakura winced at the volume. Right, she forgot to tell her friends that she's going with Chaeyeon.

 

“Kinda complicated. But i'm at Chaeyeon's house—”

 

“YOU'RE AT WHERE!?”

 

“Geez, let me finish my sentence first,” Sakura said, scratching her ear. Nako 'oofed' at the other line. “Ah, yea, of course, sorry. Just shocked.” She replied.
 

“Well, Chaeyeon kinda dragged me away from school because she hated the attention and we ended up in her house—AND, before you scream, nothing happened! It's not what you're thinking. We kinda talked everything off and now in good terms. She's currently taking a nap.” Sakura explained in the shortest way as much as possible.
 

“OH MY GOD, no way,” Nako exclaimed, gasping. “You must be kidding.” She added. Sakura can even hear Hitomi's panicked and confused 'nani' in the background. Sakura chuckled. “Don't worry, i'll be okay. I'll be home before dinner. Bye.”
 

“WAIT—” Sakura already hung up, hiding her phone inside her purse.

 

“Do you want to go home now?” She heard a husky voice, and she immediately turned her neck to where the voice came from.
 

Chaeyeon is now awake, probably because of the phone call. She was rubbing her droopy eyes as she sat up from her lying position. “Oh no, sorry, did i wake you up?” Sakura asked.

 

“No, it's okay,” Chaeyeon replied, yawning after as she stretches. “So, do you want to stay for a bit or go home, now?” She asked.

 

“I actually wanted to get some hot choco outside.” Sakura answered, pouting a bit, she specifically wanted the hot chocolate of Bloomiz Café, the place where she works part-time. Chaeyeon nodded, standing up. “Okay, let's go then. Let me just grab my coat.” She said before walking to the hanger, Sakura skipping towards the door as she fixed her beret.

 

Both of them wore their shoes and went outside. The moment they exited the house, the gates opened, revealing the car that Hanmin used. The car was parked at where it was placed earlier and Hanmin hopped out. “Young Miss, Sakura-ssi,” She greeted with a bow. Sakura bowed back. “You two are going already?” She asked, and Chaeyeon nodded. “Yeah, we're just gonna grab some hot choco and drop her home, please make a lot of food, the three might camp out later.” She replied and the older woman nodded politely. “Yes, will do, Young Miss.” She said before turning to Sakura with a big smile.
 

“It's nice meeting you, Sakura-ssi! Visit often!” Hanmin beamed, clapping her hands together. Sakura awkwardly smiled, scratching her nape. “Haha, we'll see! Nice meeting you too, Aunt!”

 

The two then hopped inside the BMW, Hanmin waving at them until they exited the property with a satisfied smile. “Oh, young love!” She exclaimed before going inside the house.


 

Sakura and Chaeyeon entered the café together after they parked the car in front of the café. The place is not crowded yet because it's still in the middle of the afternoon, there's still classes and work. The customers abre just a happy couple and a man who's busy over her laptop and sipping coffee.

 

She went over the counter, and saw her workmate approaching.

 

“Sakuraaaa! Hey there, girl!” Jinsoul beamed happily when she saw a familiar place. Sakura leaned over the counter. “Hey! Are you having a nice valentines, Jinsoul?” She asked, chuckling when she saw the black haired girl pout. “Jungeun is also busy. We might meet later though, but enough with me! Who's this fine looking girl behind you?” Jinsoul whispered the last sentence, trying not to be heard.

 

Sakura peeked over her shoulders and saw Chaeyeon looking around the café, not minding them. “Oh, she's Chaeyeon—”

 

“Hold up! The 'Lee Chaeyeon'?” Jinsoul asked, obviously shocked over it. Sakura nodded. “Yes.” She answered making Jinsoul gasp so loud. “Oh! I would like to talk with you more but job first! What is y'alls order?” She asked, trying to calm down and almost squeaked when Chaeyeon walked beside Sakura, staring at the menu.

 

“Two hot choco please, and a slice of black forest cake for me! How about you?” Sakura turned to Chaeyeon who's still examining the menu. “A cupcake would do, the cheese one, please.” She answered. Jinsoul nodded furiously, tapping their orders.

 

Sakura was about to whip her wallet out to pay for the both of them but Chaeyeon stopped her and already placed a good amount of money at the counter, making her frown. “Please keep the change.” Chaeyeon said and Jinsoul robotically nodded, picking up the cash. “A-Ah, thanks! Your orders will be delivered to your seat in a few minutes!” She announced.

 

Chaeyeon draped her arm around Sakura's shoulders, dragging her to a vacant table, even pulling a chair for her and sat on the opposite chair.
 

“Why didn't you let me pay for this one? You already spent a lot on me.” Sakura pouted. Chaeyeon smiled. “Just let me. I want no arguments.” She replied and waited for their orders.

 

Jinsoul went to their table with a tray, putting their order at the table and gave Sakura a wink before walking to the kitchen but she paid no mind to it, she'll just tell the story to her tomorrow when its her shift.

 

Both of them ate and drank their food, talking a bit. They didn't really stay there for too long, after they ate their cakes, Sakura suggested that they should go and walk to the Han River which is nearby, about five minutes walk only. Chaeyeon doesn't even say no.

 

They walked there, leaving the car at the café's parking lot, sipping on their hot choco as the chilly wind kissed their skin.

 

Han River is packed with people, mostly couples, Sakura kind of expected it already but people here don't really know their history so they won't stare at them or judge them so it's much more comfortable to roam around here.


 

Sakura hugged her blazer tighter, feeling her exposed legs buckle a bit because of the cold. It's still february so it's cold and chilly, especially at night and afternoon. She suddenly regretted wearing a skirt. She took a deep breath, trying to ignore the freezing temperature.

 

But with Chaeyeon's sharp gaze, she immediately noticed it and hastily dragged the shivering girl to a vacant bench, letting her sit there comfortably.

 

Sakura just confusedly watched Chaeyeon take off her coat infront of her before bending a bit, placing the coat above the japanese girl's legs properly. When she made sure that she covered most of the exposed skin, she sat beside the puzzled girl.

 

“B-But,” Sakura started to whine. “How about you?” She asked softly, worried, eyeing the taller girl who's comfortably sitting and looking back at her.

 

“I'll be okay. I'm used to the cold.” Chaeyeon answered then shifted closer to the other girl. “But warming my hand would do.” She said with a mischievous tone, showing off her slender hand. Sakura squinted her eyes. “You want me to warm it…?” She asked, unsure of what Chaeyeon's motive was.

 

The taller girl nodded innocently, still showing her hand. Sakura huffed, rolling her eyes but wordlessly grabbed Chaeyeon's hand and interlaced it with hers before slipping their intertwined hands inside Chaeyeon's coat to warm it. “Better?” She asked, and the troublemaker nodded like a child with a sweet smile making her blush.

 

She never thought Chaeyeon would be this clingy and sweet, she has mixed feelings but she's kind of liking it so far, she just won't admit.

 

“Just tell me if you wanted to go somewhere,” Chaeyeon suddenly spoke up, taking a sip from her hot choco. “I'll gladly take you there.” She said softly but not being pushy. Sakura's heart skipped a beat. “Uh no, it's okay, let's stay here and take me home after.” She replied back, shivering when she felt Chaeyeon's thumb caressing the back of her hand. “Should we grab some dinner before I take you home? Take out would do, I can buy Nako and Hitomi some food too.” She suddenly said, but Sakura firmly shook her head. “No, no, no! It's okay, we have food at home! You've spent enough for me.”

 

“It's okay, I insist anyway. Are you missing some japanese food? I know a good place. A friend of mine owns it, and I can assure you their foods are top-tier.” Chaeyeon said, not taking no as an answer. In the end, Sakura sighed and just gave up, they might have an argument again.

 

They stayed there until the sun started to go down. Both of them found out that they are the hot topic at their school, but it's not a surprise anymore. They stalked their school's gossip twitter account and just laughed at the headlines and s written there, and also the comments about them being together at Hearts Day.

 

Together, they walked down to the street side by side, their hands brushing against each but none of them confidently held one another, probably too shy to do it. Even the ever so clingy and confident Chaeyeon didn't dare, thinking that she might already going overboard and Sakura might find it very annoying.

 

“Jinsoul! Thanks, see you tomorrow!” Sakura bid goodbye to her friend who's cleaning the table, exchanging smiles before hopping inside Chaeyeon's car and drove off to the japanese restaurant that the latter was talking about.

 

They reached the place, it's just an ordinary restaurant, like the others— but of course, they offer Japanese dishes. They were greeted by the owner or Chaeyeon's friend slash long distance relative, Minatozaki Sana, who's also a japanese woman. The blonde was so delighted when Chaeyeon brought someone besides the annoying trio, Sakura being a Japanese is just a good plus.

 

The brunette enjoyed talking with the other japanese citizen— although she sometimes talks with Hitomi and Nako in their native tongue, talking with someone new still feels different. Sana is such a friendly woman too, she's never letting the light atmosphere go down. Sakura instantly felt comfortable towards her. But when Chaeyeon butted in while they're having a happy conversation in their mother tongue, she got shocked— because Chaeyeon replied to them in Japanese.

 

“I lived in Japan for two years when i was young, i usually go there for a vacation too so of course, i knew how to speak Japanese.” Chaeyeon answered in Japanese even if Sakura didn't throw any question.

 

After their home-made dinner was prepared, Sana waved them away, teasing them that they look good together until they finally exited the restaurant and bid each other good-byes.

 

The ride is awfully quiet, maybe because they are both exhausted. The silence is comfortable anyway.

 

After a while, they reached Sakura's dormitory.

 

Chaeyeon parked the BMW at the front gate, unmoving for a few seconds, same as Sakura, like both of them are hesitating to go outside but Chaeyeon unbuckled her seatbelt and hastily went outside to open the door for the brunette.

 

Sakura hopped out of the car, grabbing the plastic bag full of food before awkwardly standing infront of Chaeyeon who's just staring at her.

 

“So, uhh,” Chaeyeon awkwardly started, scratching her nape. “Thanks for today, I really had fun today. So, we're good now, right?” She asked, referring to their rivalry and sort of stuff. Sakura slightly smiled. “Of course.” She said then perked up when she remembered something. “Oh, your coat—”

 

“No, keep it.” Chaeyeon said, eyeing her coat that is wrapped loosely around Sakura's waist, covering most of her legs. “Keep it.” She repeated when Sakura was about to unwrap it but stopped before she could even tug it off.

 

Sakura's gaze then dropped on the ground. “I really enjoyed it too. Thank you for everything.” She muttered lowly, shy. Chaeyeon gave her a sweet smile. “It's nothing. I'm glad everything turned out pretty well!” She exclaimed and they both chuckled but it didn't last, silence engulfed them once again.

 

“You should go inside now, your friends must be waiting for you and it's getting cold.” Chaeyeon broke the silence, placing her hands inside her jean's pockets. Sakura nodded. “Ah, yes, yes.” She exclaimed then gulped.

 

“S-See you tomorrow?” She said, her grip on the plastic bag tightening as she blushed hard. Chaeyeon blinked, smiling widely before patting her head, ruffling her bangs after. “Of course, no more glaring and shouting. Only exchanging of sweet smiles?” Sakura chuckled and nodded.

 

Then, Chaeyeon's hand suddenly moved lower, grabbing her trembling and cold hand before slowly bringing up into her lips, placing a kiss on the back of her hand, making the brunette gasp in shock.

 

Chaeyeon just smiled at her, taking a few steps backwards, gesturing her to go inside now.

 

With hesitant steps, Sakura slowly walked inside, her eyes are still glued to Chaeyeon who's leaning on her car as she watches her walk inside.

 

She stopped infront of the glass door, turning her body and gave Chaeyeon a small wave, which the latter immediately waved back with a grin. Her lips also curved up into a smile before finally pushing the glass door as she slipped inside, going to the staircase just to sit there and take deep breaths, and also to calm her racing heart.

 

Her eyes landed on the window beside her, she saw Chaeyeon pouting as she stared at the glass door where Sakura entered before heaving a sigh, going inside her car when she finally saw Sakura safely reached home.

 

She watched the BMW drive off to the road, slowly disappearing from her sight.

 

The brunette stared at the coat on her lower, smiling genuinely.

 

They might only have spent a small time together but Sakura knew something's blooming inside her chest that she couldn't properly explain. All she knows, that it's Chaeyeon's fault and it's so warm.



 



 

A year later. Sakura looked at the person infront of her— but instead of a cold and blank look, she gave this person a loving and smitten stare.
 

This time, she already expected this, but she didn't expect that it'll be much earlier than she might have thought. She always thinks of this exact scenario happening right before her eyes almost everyday in class, daydreaming of it.

 

There stood, the ever-so-famous Lee Chaeyeon. Smiling sweetly at her, eyes sparkling and love-struck as she stared right back at her, holding a lone stem of rose. But this time, the big tarpaulin that Yena is holding says ‘WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND, MIYAWAKI SAKURA?’. Hyewon and Yujin holding bouquets of flowers and chocolates, but this time, there's much more than last Valentines and with lots of effort.
 

Instead of standing in the school grounds with lots of people judging them, they're at the rooftop of Chaeyeon's place, their audiences are just their friends including Prez Eunbi, and Vice Prez Minjoo, watching them in adoration and amazement.

 

And instead of questioning and cursing, she smiled sweetly at the person who she currently loves the most, Lee Chaeyeon— pulling her for a sweet kiss before answering,

 

“I would love to.”


 


 




 

Fun Fact! Actually, Chaeyeon liked Sakura even way before this happened sksksks so basically, Chaeyeon has been secretly crushing Sakura ever since the latter transferred and you know, Chaeyeon was just doing all of that (pranking, arguing, glaring, etc) to earn Sakura's attention bc shes a coward idiot! Well, if you really despise someone then you wouldnt ever hold their hand or take them into a date so yea 🤡🤡🤡🤡

Might create an additional chapter for this, but the story will just circle around their junior years, mainly Chaeyeon's POV.

But anyway, that's all! Thanks for reading <3