Nine

Miracles happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuta decided to use his first for a long time free weekend from work and spend it with Jiseok. He got up early in the morning to make breakfast for everyone, and then, when Jiseok woke up, prepared the boy for a trip to the park. It was a warm spring day, the sun was shining in the cloudless sky, so Yuta could pleasantly enjoy their moment together.

 

First, he took the boy for ice cream, which he had promised him a long time ago, and then slowly walked holding hands through the park's alleys, repeating the names of the birds and flowers they passed. Jiseok was great at learning Korean and sometimes even surprised his dad with a word that even he didn't know. Yuta, however, also tried to speak Japanese to him, wanting the boy to speak his native language as well.

 

After a long walk, the Japanese noticed that the boy was a little tired, so they stopped in a small cafe near the park. As it was their first outing together, Yuta decided to turn a blind eye to the whims of the child and pamper him today. Without any further thought, he ordered a waffle with fruit for the boy, and he decided on a sweet caramel latte.

 

It was almost noon, and the toddler, regaining energy through a sweet snack, asked his dad if he could take him to the playground. Yuta kissed the laughing child on the forehead and after paying the bill, grabbed his hand, and singing a song from their favorite fairy tale together, they headed to the playground. Yuta didn't even have time to sit on the bench, and the boy broke free to run to the sandpit.

 

The Japanese man brushed off the seat of sand and leaves, then sat back, taking a book he had begun to read earlier from his bag. Thanks to working in a bookstore, the boy could buy books at half the price, so they became more affordable for him now. It was not a demanding novel, just a short, uncomplicated story of a traveler who climbed the highest mountains in the world. Just in time to relax with her and dream about traveling. Yuta liked reading it very much. However, remembering that he had a child under his care, from time to time the man looked up to make sure if Jiseok was all right.

 

There was hardly anyone in the playground. Birds chirped in the background, the sun shone nicely and it was only the rustling of the jacket that made Yuta raise his head and break free from the reading to see that he was no longer alone. To his surprise and terror, he met the contemptuous look of a person whom he wanted to never see in his life again. The Japanese got ruffled and straightened up, moving as far as possible at the end of the park bench to keep a distance between himself and his ex. He also looked around in the hope that he would find some witnesses in case something happened, but the playground was empty.

 

"Don't panic Nakamoto, I won't hurt you." Hyojoon scoffed, mocking Yuta's fears.

 

"Stay away from me." The nervous boy hissed when he saw that the man was moving closer.

 

"You didn't miss me? You have always been so desperate for tenderness, you did everything so that I wouldn't leave you." He mocked the other, arousing disgust in Yuta.

 

"If you're done, let me leave because I don't want to look at your lousy face. " Yuta growled, closing the book and was already getting up when the Korean pulled his wrist and sat him back on the bench.

 

"Not so soon, cutie. Give me my money back and I'll leave you alone. Unless you want someone to be hurt." The man whispered in the smaller one's ear, pointing in the direction of his son.

 

"Don't even try to threaten me, you son of a ! I didn't take your money, and even if I did, you don't deserve anything after how you treated me." Yuta hit back.

 

"You shouldn't have spread your legs so willingly, then." The man mocked, but Yuta only pulled away from his grip and ran to Jiseok. He grabbed the boy in his arms to leave the park as soon as possible.

 

The Japanese didn't notice when he started running. Only when he couldn't catch his breath and be in a busy street, did he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter