Six

Miracles happen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is how their relationship began, which grew more and more day by day. Taeyong quickly became a regular guest of the Nakamoto family, and Yuta slowly got used to his presence, which no longer intimidated him as before. He also ceased to be ashamed of his apartment and realized that as for the conditions in which they had to live, they deal with Jiseok quite well.

 

Lee most often visited them on weekends when he had a day off and no duties held him back. Yuta handed him over the baby and rushed to the station to get to work on time. The Korean usually spent time with the child in the fresh air, because they had nothing to do at home. He took Jiseok to playgrounds, ice cream or taught him riding a bicycle. Sometimes, when Yuta had a day off, he joined them and the three of them went to a picnic or the cinema. Taeyong didn't want their relationship to be limited only to taking care of the boy, so sometimes he asked his brother to look after Jiseok, so he could invite Yuta for dinner or a walk for two.

 

Nakamoto liked the way his life began to shape. He would be lying if he said that he didn't like meeting the teacher, their dinners or compliments he heard from him. His son, too, quickly liked Taeyong and often asked when the man would visit them again. It even happened that when the man couldn't pick up his son, Lee eagerly took him home, taking advantage of this moment to stay with them overnight. However, respecting Yuta's shyness and fears, the man never pressed him, often saying that they didn't need to hurry with their relationship.

 

The third month of their meetings was passing, and Lee could slowly say that something was beginning to spark between him and the Japanese. He also enjoyed the progress Jiseok had achieved in learning Korean because the boy could now answer simple questions. Taeyong wanted the boy to like him as well because it would make his relationship with Yuta easier. Once, however, a strange situation took place. Jiseok hasn't appeared in kindergarten for two days, and Yuta didn't answer the phone or reply to any of the messages. The teacher wondered if he had made a mistake and wanted to go to the man to make sure that he was all right, but annoyingly enough he didn't have time for it.

 

It was a late hour when Taeyong's phone began to vibrate on his desk. The man squinted his eyes, wondering who right-minded could call him so fiercely at that time. After a few seconds he finally dragged himself out of bed and, still keeping his eyelids closed, answered the call. His senses woke up immediately when he heard Yuta's shaky voice in the receiver.

 

"I'm so sorry that I woke you up at this time, but I don't know what to do anymore. Jiseok has a high fever and continues to cough. Taeyong, I beg you, help us. " Yuta whined into the phone and didn't manage to finish the sentence, as Lee was already standing on his feet in front of his older brother's room.

 

"Try to calm down, Yu. I'm coming. " Lee tried to cheer him up and ended the call, promising to bring help.

 

"Get up Johnny, I'll need you!" Yong burst into the older brother's bedroom because he knew that only he could do anything now.

 

"What the hell, Tae!?" Suh growled, but despite his exasperation, he got out of bed and started dressing.

 

"Sorry, bro, but it's an emergency. Only you can help. " Lee answered quickly, and soon the brothers were already sitting in the elder's car.

 

Taeyong was already fully awake but Johnny was having a hard time trying to understand what was happening, except that he had to be careful while driving. The younger one focused on directing the way to Nakamoto's house and when they arrived, quickly shortened the Japanese's situation. He was glad that Suh didn't ask many questions and just nodded, acknowledging the facts presented to him. They didn't enter the tenement but ran in and a second later they heard the whine of a crying child.

 

Taeyong frowned at the distress and helplessness written on Yuta's face as the men entered his apartment. The Japanese boy was walking around the room back and forth, rocking Jiseok in his arms in the hope that he would calm down a little. Lee tried to approach him slowly, afraid that with sudden movements he would scare the already frightened boy. Surprisingly, Suh overtook him, grabbing his younger brother by the arm and holding him in place.

 

Sleepy Johnny, like a magic wand, turned into a focused and composed doctor. Pulling the gloves out of the first aid kit, which he took with him from home, he walked over to Yuta and took the tearful boy from him, going to the table. There he put the toddler on his back to auscultate him and take his temperature. He performed all the activities so professionally that one would tell that he is not a real doctor but just a medical student.

 

At the same time, Taeyong approached Yuta, who feeling arms tightly wrapped around himself, almost fell in them. The Korean frowned when he saw how awful the state Yuta was in. He was shaking all over, eyes bloodshot with tears and his lips bruised from biting. The Japanese was very worried about the condition of his son, who had been suffering from fever for several days. The deteriorating condition of the child gave him sleepless nights. Besides, he was consumed by guilt and helplessness because he couldn't afford to take the boy to the hospital. His last resort was Taeyong, and even if he was blaming himself for using him, he needed his help.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter