Mystery

The Crossroad Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I look above and let the shining stars on the cobalt night sky shine on my eyes. I wonder is it because of the comforting warmth coming from her back, or is it the gentle movement that she do while she carry me, that I began to fall asleep and dream.

 

Blissful sleep sweeps me through, and a beautiful dream within me grew. You would call it weird if you see it, it is at night time but there were butterflies fluttering. It is swinging around us. At this exact moment that I saw myself, soaring beyond the moon and through the Milky Way; I’m with someone. I'm holding her hand as we ran away from something. I can’t seem to take a picture of that face. It all seems like a fantasy but my heart start to tap on its beat.

 

I can’t believe I’m still gay on my dreams.

 

I look at her. Her hair is floating, swaying effortlessly with the wind. She is looking from afar before she looked at me and smiled. It is as if she is reassuring me about something. And I observed as my curiosity get the best of me.

 

We seem to be going somewhere. We’re holding hands soaring through the night. We passed by by a tall tower, with a big face of a clock. It’s so huge; I thought it would want to compete for a Guinness Record, or get a chance to beat that luminous face of the moon, serving as a clock with no hand and no numbers for some people.

 

This warm feeling that is coming through her hand, I don't ever want to let go. I tried to call her name, but my eyes get blurry, and the sounds get muffled.

 

I know that.

 

Ah, it is the shift again. It's time to get out of his world  again.

 

 

Then I was, after a vista of a moment, fluttering my eyelids, thinking what has happened again. When my eyes focused, the first thing I see is SinB’s face as she arched her neck to look at me.

 

I blushed. I can’t deny that I got surprised. I almost thought that she is the one on my dreams. I mean, It shouldn’t be her again, right? Or are the fragments really going on a path where I’ll meet her in the end?

 

 

 

She chuckled. “You seem surprised.” She commented. “You fell asleep.”

 

 

And I shyly admitted. “Yeah…” My blush got worse. “It… This feels comfortable.”

 

 

She grinned at me before she looks in front of her as she continued to walk.

 

 

“I can carry you like this if you need to.” She said after a moment of comfortable silence. “I mean, if you can’t sleep. You said this is comfortable. Or just… when you want to…” Her voice faded into the night. 

 

I had a feeling I froze again. I can definitely feel this brain of mine stop for a while as it let my heart race. Her voice sounds so soft. Even that offer of hers emit the same softness. But even though it is just her being a mochi, I don’t know how to respond.

 

 

“By the way, what did you dream of?” She asked.

 

 

I remained mum for some seconds as I debated whether it would be good to tell her. I don’t even know if she is okay with girls liking girls, and that stuff.

 

 

Suddenly, she stopped on her tracks, effectively earning her my attention. And to be honest, if we are a bit closer, we might be looking like couples walking romantically under the light of the moon, upon series of lampposts lighting the way for us, and trees calmly swaying with our hearts.

 

I dared to ask her why. But she only looked at me, her eyes sparkling. It hinted a glow of mischievousness. And it did show when she spoke. “I won’t take another step if you won’t tell me what your dream is about.”

 

 

I laughed at her silly idea. I thought it was a joke until seconds have passed and we were really just stuck on that position. I jokingly slapped her shoulder. “You’ll really gonna pull this off?” I asked, and she nodded, her smile plastered in her beautiful face.

 

I sighed, before taking my defeat.

 

“I saw myself standing somewhere. It is near a tall tower with a big clock at night.” I started, as she continued to take the steps. I look ahead and I saw the waiting shed for the bus. It will be just a few more steps to reach it, and she would let me down already.

 

Somehow, I caught myself wishing for the time to slow down. It just… this feels so nice.

 

“I am standing there – holding hands with this person.” I told her. “It has been a while since I began to dream about this person. It always has a different scenario. Yet I can’t see her face, nor know her name.”

 

We arrived at the waiting shed. She gently lowered me down, as I help her sit myself on the seat made of metal.

 

When she moved away, I saw her face. She seems like she is thinking about something deep.

 

 

“Um... should I continue?” I asked, breaking the silence.

 

 

I saw her nod, and gestured for me to go on.

 

 

“It feels like the dream is both letting me know about her, but also forbidding me to. It makes me confused, but I like the feeling when I’m inside it. It feels like somehow, a part of me belongs there…"

 

 

“Don’t be.” She suddenly interrupted.

 

 

She continued to speak when I look at her. “It might be pleasant to feel to be there. But you still live in reality. And they might be good, rather, comfortable. But sometimes, dreams are fragments of your life; it might have either happen in the future…” She stated and I smiled.

 

 

“or it might be a fragment of your past…” Her voice faded as she looked at me seriously.

 

My almost knit my eyebrows into one when I scrunched my face. That made me confuse. For so many months, or probably years, I’ve been referring them as fragments of what might happen to the future. Even Sowon-unnie can testify that it does happen, sooner or later.

 

I heard her chuckle. “What’s the serious face?” She asked.

 

“I’m just…” She shrugged. “I’m just thinking about possibilities of your dreams. You know how people interpret those.”

 

“Yeah…” I nodded before I let out a small sigh and look at the stars above.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter