Five Eye-Rolls--Be Careful They Might Get Stuck Like That {New}

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I don't mean to doubt you, your majesty, but are you sure she can breathe?" Mark had a clear look of worry on his face as he looked between Iseul and the Queen. 

The Queen laughed--the most elegant laugh Iseul had ever heard in her life--and waved a dismissive hand at Mark, "Of course she can."  It seems the maid helping dress Iseul took those words to mean she could make the scarf around Iseul's neck even tighter. After two more tugs the maid finally grabbed the hat off of the stand and placed it firmly onto Iseul's head. "Absolutely perfect!" The Queen clapped her hands with a small squeal of pleasure, "Thank you for your help, Mina." The Queen said to the maid, Mina, who did a quick bow before leaving the room. The Queen wasn't far behind her, which left just Iseul and Mark in the room.

"It's kinda stuffy." Iseul commented from under her scarf and hat.

"At least no one has to see your face, the day keeps getting better and better." He said it with a teasing tone, which just worked in irking Iseul even more. She couldn't breathe properly, she was about to go on a date with a man she didn't really know, and her best friend insisted on being a punk. But, before she could properly go-off on him, the door the queen had just left through minutes ago, was opened.

Jaehyun strolled in, wordlessly looking her up and down before rolling his eyes. "Let's go." 
Iseul and Mark shared a tired look before walking off after him. Iseul really didn't like following orders like that, she wasn't at all used to it, and let's just say it was getting old fast. 

Once they got outside, Mark walked over to his fellow bodyguard, Johnny, before explaining the security measures to his royal-donkey and Iseul. "You two will drive in his highness's car, and Johnny and I will follow close behind." As soon as he was done explaining, he did a little bow in Jaehyun's direction, before he and Johnny climbed into the Mercedes Benz.

Jaehyun's car wasn't quite as...sophisticated? His BMW i8 was parked proudly in front of the bodyguard's car. A palace staff member opened Iseul's door so she could slide into the passenger's seat. It felt like the second the prince got in the car, he had already started speeding away. Iseul clinked her tongue, he probably didn't even make sure the staff member who was closing the drivers side door had gotten a safe distance away. What would he have done if he rolled over the man's foot? Probably nothing. 

The atmosphere in the car felt extremely awkward, and after a couple of minutes Iseul felt like she was going to lose her mind, she couldn't handle the silence anymore. "So, this is your car?" She purposefully made it sound like a question, hoping it would entice him to speak more on the topic--I mean, in her mind, if you had a nice sports car, you probably liked talking about it. But, she should have known better, because all Jaehyun did was roll his eyes--again!--and snottily say that "The guard already stated that." 
She should have known better than to try and start a conversation with him. That's how she ended up spending the rest of the car ride counting the trees they passed. 

----

Once they finally got to the cafe, Jaehyun at least had the decency to pay for her drink. Which she honestly wouldn't have stood for it if he didn't, Iseul was all for Woman empowerment, and being the one to wear the 'pants' in the relationship, but Jaehyun's a freaking prince! Five-thousand won is nothing to him, whereas it's almost half of what she earns in an hour. "Thanks." She muttered, taking her ice coffee from him. They headed out to the walking trail just outside of the cafe, Iseul wasn't surprised that they once again were left in silence- no, what really shocked her was when Jaehyun finally did decide to say something. 

"Are you not going to drink that?" He asked, surprisingly paying enough attention to know she hadn't yet. 

"I will, but it's hard to with the scarf." She was somewhat debating on if she should wait till they go back to the cat, but then what if she spilt it in his snazzy ride?

Jaehyun rolled his eyes. Again. Iseul was about ready to smack him upside the head. "You could try pulling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter