One Act {New}

Beautifully Fake [Slowly Rewriting]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What do you mean she can't make it?" Mr. Lee yelled, his temper had always been one of his biggest faults. His secretaries hands trembled,

"Sir, the doctor said that traveling wasn't an option right now." She relayed the message as precisely as she could. Mr. Lee was already pacing back and forth by the time she was done speaking. He couldn't let the anger fog his mind quite yet.

"We're meeting the king in two days!" He finally said, tossing his hands in the air. The timing was terrible. He looked to his son, who was still sitting at the table where a meeting had just been held. "What are we going to do?" His son better have an option, because he was drawing blanks, when he differently can't afford to be.

"What can we do? You'll need to call the meeting off with the king." Haechan said matter-of-factly. His sister was too sick to make it in time, there was no reasonable way around that.

Mr. Lee immediately shook his head, "Canceling isn't an option, Haechan." He tapped his foot repetitively as the gears in his head finally started turning. "What we need is a replacement, someone to pose as Seol until she can get back." Mr. Lee couldn't lose this deal, it had fallen perfectly into his lap, and he would not let it be taken away.

Haechan looked at his father like he'd gone mad, "What are you saying? You're going to fool the king?" He really hopes that's not how far his father had fallen. Mr. Lee thought for a moment. The king needed somebody to arrange the prince with, Mr. Lee's daughter had been given the opportunity because of the King's father's close relationship with Mr. Lee's own father. The King was being generous in giving this chance to the Lee's, and he wouldn't wait for Lee Seol to get better. They needed to assure that the Prince was ready to take over, and Mr. Lee needed to ensure that his daughter would be the one walking down the alter. Mr. Lee took a seat across from Haechan.

"Think about it; almost nobody in Korea knows what your sister looks like, she's practically been in America since she was three!"

"I don't think this is a good id-"

"It's the only way. The question is, who can we get to pose as Seol?" Mr. Lee asked, tapping his index finger on the table top. In his mind he flipped through all of his employees that would fit the criteria, and who he could easily bribe. "How about that new girl, Hong Iseul. Even her name is similar."

Haechan stood straight up, "Father, I really don't think that's a good idea!" Haechan's mind raced as he looked for an out in this situation. Reasoning was proven futile, and he doubted that his father would change his mind now that the idea was already there. He watched in distress as his father turned to Secretary Kim.

"Go and get Hong Iseul, bring her here quickly." He snapped the order. Secretary Kim nodded before running out--both so she could get Iseul fast, and because she wanted as far away f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter