all i want is you

all i want is you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aigooo," Seonghwa groaned as he lowered himself onto his side of the bed, cradling his newborn daughter close to his chest so he didn't jostle her from her sleep. A hand splayed across her small back and under her small bottom, keeping her upright and propped on his still round tummy just days after giving birth. Seonghwa tucked her head under his chin as he reclined onto the pillows that Hongjoong had stacked up against the headboard, making himself as comfortable as possible, "Alright baby girl, we're going to hang out and move as little as possible," Soobin shifted, her small head rousing slightly before stilling again, a content coo leaving her pouty little lips. Seonghwa felt his heart sing in love and adoration for this little person he had made. Soobin was only four days old and she had Seonghwa wrapped around her little finger, figuratively and literally. She liked to fall asleep while holding Seonghwa's or Hongjoong's finger and it was the most precious thing ever. 

They had just arrived home from the hospital after spending four days there following Soobin's birth. Seonghwa'd had a c-section due to unforeseen complications, something they hadn't been anticipating nor had been a part of their birth plan. Both had been terrified when their midwife told them they needed to move to an OR eighteen hours into labor, worried about the baby's heartbeat as it dropped to dangerously low rhythms. It had been very unnerving at first but Seonghwa knew it was for better that he got the help he needed rather than jeopardize their daughter's life. In the end, even though unplanned, Seonghwa was glad for the c-section. Soobin was safe and she was healthy and that was the most important thing. 

Hongjoong was still hovering, putting away what they had brought home from the hospital and making sure the house wasn't a mess. Seonghwa was a very clean and neat person and if the house wasn't to his liking then that could lead to stress and that was the last thing he needed during this time of rehabilitation. 

Hongjoong had started as soon as he stepped through the front door. He made sure their shoes were lined up at the door and their jackets were hung up on their respective hooks, Seonghwa's used clothing brought back from the hospital was separated and placed in the laundry room, and their new baby stuff arranged where they could see it. 'It's a Girl' balloons and bouquets of roses, a few teddy bears just for Soobin arranged on top of the dresser opposite their bed. The amount of support and love they received after Soobin was born was phenomenal and it was delightful when Seonghwa had been in so much pain and discomfort. Hongjoong was doing the most out of anyone and Seonghwa giggled in adoration for the man who loved him, a little pained noise following when the action made his abdomen contract and disturb the stitches on his lower belly. 

Hongjoong heard Seonghwa's whine and panicked in the assumption that his husband was in distress, speeding to stand beside his husband on his side of the bed, "Are you in any pain? Are you uncomfortable?" he asked, voice heavily concerned. So far, four days after having a baby, Hongjoong was already such an amazing help to Seonghwa as he recovered postpartum. Even in the hospital, Hongjoong made sure Seonghwa had everything he needed even when the nurses were asking him the same thing every fifteen minutes. Hongjoong was doing it every five. He was going to do his best to make sure Seonghwa wasn't going to be in pain their first day back at the house after Soobin was born, "Do you need more pain meds? Do you need me to help you move?" 

Seonghwa smiled, appreciating all of Hongjoong's care and love for him, "I'm good actually, just perfect," he was utterly content, but seeing Hongjoong's jaw moving to ask more in-depth and give him options Seonghwa thought of an answer that would put his husband at ease. Hongjoong needed something to do to feel valid, "Maybe some socks? My feet are pretty cold," it wasn't much when it came to being Seonghwa's personal nurse, but it was something. This was the first time he was going to be caring for his husband alone and he was more than a little nervous. Seonghwa was feeling great and he didn't blame Hongjoong for being so worried. That first and second day of recovery were harsh, but he was already so much better now and he was hoping that the road ahead of him was clear and smooth. 

Hongjoong was quick to hop up and grab a pair of socks that were in the top drawer of their dresser, careful not to disturb the bed too much. He nearly tripped over his own feet and it had Seonghwa giggling to himself, feeling Soobin shift again on his chest at the introduction of her mother's body vibrating against hers. Her little fists, chubby and balled up sliding along his shirt in search of something to grab in frustration. She started to fuss, breaths leaving aggressively through her nose in protest of all this motion, "Shh, Binnie. No need to cry," Seonghwa shushed quietly, starting to shift in his spot to find a better position but regretting it immediately as the movement caused his still puffy stomach to tug at the stitches right above his pubic bone. A pitiful, "Ow," slipped past his lips, hating the way his body was limited due to itself. The slightest wrong movement made him hurt, and it seemed that every movement was wrong now as he recovered. He jolted and it shook Soobin up, upsetting her further as she tied to move her head on her own, louder noises starting to leave her tiny mouth. 

Hearing all the commotion behind him, Hongjoong was quick to return and slip the socks he'd grabbed onto his husband's feet, careful not to shove at Seonghwa's sore body. Noticing that Soobin was starting to squirm and that Seonghwa was starting to grimace in pain, he slotted himself next to his husband and placed a hand on his thigh, "I can take her if you want me to," Hongjoong offered, excitement crossing his face as well. Holding their daughter was his new favorite thing and getting the chance to do so had his heart skipping a few beats. 

Seonghwa didn't particularly want to let Soobin go and if he could he would hold her every second of the day every day for the rest of his life, but he was starting to feel pain and he had to share her with his husband after all, "I think she needs some tummy time and skin on skin contact, so if you want to-," he didn't even have to finish speaking before Hongjoong's features were lighting up with an elated gasp and he was stripping his shirt off, exposing his entire torso in one swift toss of his arm. He was eager and Seonghwa chuckled, gently handing Soobin off to Hongjoong and being careful of her fragile head and soft fontanelle. He made sure Soobin was suitably supported and in a firm hold as she was transferred from his chest to Hongjoong's arms. Seonghwa needed to her sleepsuit so she could feel Hongjoong on her skin and he swiftly did so as she fussed m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter