033

Fall in Love in Every Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed, months passed.

After monitoring Sehun's condition, the doctors in charge has claimed that Sehun is in a vegatitive state instead of coma after waiting for more than 5 weeks for him to wake up, but he didn't. He did opened his eyes after a month but he shows no signs of awareness. Taehee freaks out when she got back from her pregnancy check-up and saw her husband's eyes wide open. But he didn't speak, move and didn't even respond to what Taehee's been saying to him. Taehee remembers crying so hard when the doctor said that Sehun's recovery is possible, if not just around the corner. He will be able to pull his hands or limbs away if they're squeezed or otherwise poked or prodded. His eyes may also randomly wander or track moving objects, and his breathing and heart rate are able to keep his body going without the assistance of machines, so they took off the painful wires around his chest. Other actions such as swallowing, smiling, and tearing up as well as groaning, grunting, or screaming are all common in vegetative states, that's what the doctor said. But the things that make Taehee sad and heartbroken is that Sehun won’t recognize his family member, which has fueled the uncertainty about whether they are really "there."  He is also unable to respond to commands and he can't react in meaningful ways to sounds, words, or any other type of communication. Taehee had it rough during her early pregnancy since it's a twins she's carrying, her morning sickness really got the worst out of her that she had to go back and forth from the washroom to Sehun's room. Aunt Nana had to drag her home to rest because she insisted on staying with her husband, but thinking about her unborn children, she let her mother in law dragged her home. 

Taehee's already in her 5 months of pregnancy, her belly has been growing rapidly than when she first got pregnant to Tokki, probably because two lives are growing inside her. She smiles when she enters Dr. Bae's room with a small baby gift in her hand. Dr. Bae just got back to work from her maternity leaves so Taehee had to do her prevous check-ups with another doctor, but when she heard that Dr. Bae is back, she asked to change her OB. 

"Hi, my favourite!"

Dr. Bae smiles as she looks up at Taehee. Taehee hands out the gift to her,

"From me and Sehun. Sorry it's just a small gift, I don't know what to get you since I shop for it alone. I'm so used to having Sehun giving opinions with that big brain of his."

Taehee chuckles as she looks down on her fingers, feeling tears start to fall. Dr. Bae puts the gift down, her eyes looking down at the small girl in front of her,

"You want me to hug you?"

Taehee shakes her head, wiping her tears,

"It's been months, I can't count how many hugs I've been receiving that when I do receive them now, I don't even feel comforted, at all."

Taehee's voice coming out so heartbreaking and low, maiking Dr. Bae purses her lips, her hearts break seeing such cheerful and bright girl looking so lifeless in front of her. When she first heard about Sehun's accident, she can't help but to think of his small wife, she wanted to comfort her during the early days but due to her pregnancy she's not able to do that and when the girl is in front of her, and she finally had the chance to comfort her, it breaks her heart knowing that she's no longer feeling comforted by the people around her. It must have been really hard for a tiny person like her to take in everything inside, with an unborn children inside her womb, and growing toddler at home. Dr. Bae's sighs,

"Your husband will wake up, I mean, really wake up. Dr. Oh's a fighter."

Taehee looks up at Dr. Bae with tears in her eyes, smiling faintly at the woman in front of her. Dr. Bae pushes her chair and held out her hands,

"Come on, let's look at your twinnies."

Taehee smiles, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter