ONE

7 Deadly Sins : Pride
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kim Yoohyeon believed in herself and mostly only herself.

 

She was the kind who sets marks and standards, goals that had to be reached. There would always be that hesitation when having to take on the team playing role. Would she be able to keep up? Her promotion to Vice-Captain of the dance team eased some of all that unnecessary insecurities. At least she called dibs on half the choreography.

 

The dance team’s charming Captain, Kim Bora, had won her trust easily within the first week. Being a brilliant dancer and great choreographer, the older was deemed almost as reliable as herself. They became close friends quickly. Bora slowly made her drop her uptight persona.

 

Yoohyeon trusted her. In short, Bora had made the cut.

 

Her insecurities started building up again right after her winning the college’s presidential election. Being President of the Student Council Board meant more responsibilities and there were times when she felt as if she was running out of oxygen.

 

“That is why we need a new Vice-Captain for the dance team…”

 

Yoohyeon was baffled at Bora’s words. “What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t want you tiring yourself out.” They were both at the cafeteria after a long afternoon of dance practice.

 

“I’m not tired though.” Yoohyeon retorted gently, taking up her latte for a quick sip. “Give me another month.”

 

Blue birds landed by the wooden fencing. Clouds shielded the right amount of sunlight casted upon their alfresco seats. Bora yanked her bag up onto the seat, rummaging for a bit before pulling out a notebook. Yoohyeon eyed the book curiously, hand slowly placing her drink down.

 

“Do you trust me?” Bora searched Yoohyeon’s eyes intently. She waited for the younger to nod before continuing. “Then please agree that we need a new Vice-Captain. I already have a list; you don’t have to worry. The auditions will go on just fine.”

 

“When did you plan this?”

 

“Kim Yoohyeon, I love you but as the dance captain, I am saying I need help with things around here. Do you think the dance team runs on fine without management? I need a Vice-Captain who is able to be around.” She swallowed when a dark shade of gloom slowly grew on the younger’s face.

 

“When did you plan this, unnie?”

 

“Right after you won the Student Council Elections.” Bora decided to be frank.

 

Yoohyeon lets out a dry laugh, letting her tongue trail over her bottom lip. “Wow. You’ve been planning to get me off the team since a month ago.”

 

“The choreography needed help and you weren’t around. We’re going to Nationals soon.” Bora exhaled slowly, reaching out to take Yoohyeon firmly by the hand. “I am not blaming you but yo

Please log in to read the full chapter